Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Visual Voicemail

Now that rogers has vvm for blackberry I called in and added it to my account, but I guess it's not available for the 9900 yet so I was wondering if someone could download it and make an ota or cod for it for me. I know the size might not be right but it should still work I believe. Here's the link.

Login

http://rogers-fido.mobi:8080/primary/vvm_dl_page
    CrackBerry Newbie

So heres the story:

Connected my PC to a mobile hotspot created by my 9900

Opened up a simulator for 9360, 9700, 9800 on my pc

Used browser on simulators to access rogers mobile portal, downloaded and install apps (all three are different and specific to device)

Extracted .cod files from temp storage on PC and loaded each individually via BBSAK to 9900

ALL VERSIONS PRODUCTED: DRM VIOLATION ERROR

BB support at rogers says that there is an incompatablity with their app and OS 7, and that "soon" there should be an app released for 9810, 9900 etc.... I doubt this is the case if anyone has any ideas p[lease let me know, currently having voicemails delivered thru MMS and willing to test any ideas to get app working on 9900.

cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

The vvm+ is only available on 3 bb models... 9800, 9700 and I think the third one is a Curve but for the life of me I can't remember which model. They're currently working on support for other bb's but nothing official has been released as of yet. I had the vvm+ for a week on my Torch and absolutely loved it, but lost it when I upgraded to the 9900. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's supported on other devices. I'll post back as soon as something concrete is revealed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

I had it when I was running a 9810.
    CrackBerry Newbie

how do you get it, and is it free
    ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

OK everyone I check and was able to downloaded the app and it works great on my 9900. It's a great feature!
    CrackBerry User

So how you managed to download it i.e. through your Berry or on the PC ?? As I'm keep getting invalid COD error on my 9900 !! If you've it on your PC please share it .. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I went to that link on my BB.. And it worked, all the other times before today I would get invald COD. But it worked today, and the app seems to be working fine.
    Maybe try a battery pull and try again?
    CrackBerry User

I've tried battery pull but no luck so far
    CrackBerry User

So I was able to download it on a Fido 9360 and then extracted the .cod & .jad from that phone and installed these on Bold 9900 using BBSAK Works quite well. Any Fido user with 9900 and want Visual Voicemail+ on Bold 9900 PM me I'll send you the files ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Visual Voicemail-vvm.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2******5 - Wanna Gamble

What? are you guys saying these files will work with BB9900 for free on Rogers? pr just fido? If sign me up.
    Add me to your BBM Groups on here Y'all:

Stay tuned for upcoming details about our site.
    CrackBerry User

I've had it on my 9800 for two weeks now and absolutely love it. I will say though that it's not perfect, the software is very buggy and definitely needs some improving.
    CrackBerry User

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Doxologist View Post
    What? are you guys saying these files will work with BB9900 for free on Rogers? pr just fido? If sign me up.
    No Visual Voicemail won't work for free Rogers/Fido won't let you download their VVM app on unsupported devices including Bold 9900, so with these files Fido subscribers with Bold 9900 can install the app
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    PIN
    Some Numbers and Letters

I dont have VVM install ut have a feature with Rogers were i get VM to txt and its not phone based as it works on my cheap at&t spare phone
    CrackBerry User

Just got this feature enabled (Roger's running a 50% off promotion on value packs right now). The rep said everything is set. Not sure how long I have to wait for the link to be pushed out to me via SMS to download the app. I assume it requires the app.

Through your phone, with WiFi turned off, navigate to http://rogers.com/m/bbvm -- the text should have been immediate. Make sure they added the BlackBerry Visual Voicemail + pack, and not the Visual Voicemail MMS feature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Wohoo! Rogers finally made VVM available for the Curve 9300. I just tried downloading it on a whim from the link Rogers gave me almost three months ago and I was able to download the app successfully, unlike previous times.

Looks Rogers is making good on their promise to roll out VVM to all their BlackBerry models after all.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 05-13-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasmeet9sb View Post
    So I was able to download it on a Fido 9360 and then extracted the .cod & .jad from that phone and installed these on Bold 9900 using BBSAK Works quite well. Any Fido user with 9900 and want Visual Voicemail+ on Bold 9900 PM me I'll send you the files ..
    Sent you off a PM regarding this...
    CrackBerry User

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread. I got it working but the vvms all have no transcription. Says that transcription not available(or something to that effect). Using a 9900. Is there any sort of criteria for the msgs to have transcriptions? I can argue that most of my callers speak perfect english.

Also just checking if I really had VVM on my current plan and didn't just incur some kind of charge for enabling it(via this app). On "My Rogers" site it says all my plans(4 members) have BlackBerry Value Pack(?) w/VVM. And when I run the app for the first time it complained for a few seconds that I'm not a vvm subscriber, after a while an "enabled" notice flashed.

Please tell me that there's no way to add vvm+ to my plan without calling in first. This would be a neat feature but nothing I want to add to my already bloated phone bill.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, sent you a pm. I;m with Fido and need this app if possible. thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, sent you a pm. I;m with Fido and need this app if possible. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmeet9sb View Post
    No Visual Voicemail won't work for free Rogers/Fido won't let you download their VVM app on unsupported devices including Bold 9900, so with these files Fido subscribers with Bold 9900 can install the app