Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. JayMan6014's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default UMA Down?

    Anyone know if UMA is down for Rogers? I got 6 BB's from 2 8320, 4 8900 at work and they are all showing this..

    And my personal 9700 with the firmware that UMA works on and which normally works at home is showing the same thing.


    UMA
    Connection Pref.: Wi-Fi Preferred
    UMA Wi-Fi Available: Successful
    Connection: Error
    Error Code:
    Status: Phone not allowed on wireless network.
    Reg. UNC Address: hbsc.uma.rogers.com:14001
    Registration: Trying...
    Authentication: Trying...
    Serving UNC Address: hbsc.uma.rogers.com:14001
    Security Gateway Address: segw.uma.rogers.com
    Cell Info.:
    Cell. handover to UMA failures:
    Cell. rove-in failures:
  2. shabbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,359 Posts
    PIN
    It feels snappier...
    #2  

    Default

    I just gave it a try now and UMA won't engage on my 9700. Odd. Maybe they're experimenting some more...
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.1925]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
  3. KeiFeR123's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    PIN
    Please Ask Me
    #3  

    Default

    Yep I am getting the same. No UMA as of August 30, 2010 - 8 PM
    ----
    KeiFeR123
  4. JayMan6014's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Yeah I lost mine sometime last night. it did work all weekend.
  5. dvc
    dvc is offline
    dvc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    13 Posts
    PIN
    266A606A
    #5  

    Default

    looks like UMA is down for good for non subscribers.
    My daughter has a 8520 with the talkspot plan, she is up.
    My wife has a 9700 with V.5.0.0.862 installed, with talkspot, she is up.
    My 9700 on a corporate account, is DOWN.

    I live in an area with no service, so my phone is useless after work hours.

    Maybe Rogers will offer us a Microcell like AT&T.
  6. vonnaone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    My bold 9700 went down this weekend too. I'm on a corporate account.

    edit: I'm not sub'd to Talkspot, which probl'y explains why I got cut off.
    Last edited by vonnaone; 08-30-2010 at 09:06 PM.
  7. Reed McLay's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,473 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    No problems here, mine has not missed a beat in months.

    I am a TalkSpot subscriber, unlimited national calling is sweet!
  8. intprd04's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Both the 9700's and both 8520's went down on us too. We do not subscribe to talkspot. Sure enjoyed it while it lasted though!
    @intrpd04
  9. JayMan6014's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Wow this sucks. We have been using UMA at work because EDGE doesn't work at all in our building and 3G barely works. I am going to need to have a convo with our corp rep today. That's 25 berries that just become useless 10-12 hours a day.

    And they told someone else in our company this wouldn't happen so we have not been buying 3G phones only 8900 and 8530's
  10. Reed McLay's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,473 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    This has put a halt to my thoughts of an early upgrade to the latest and greatest from BlackBerry.

    UMA is critical for me, I live in a rural setting, many miles away from the nearest cell tower. I am lucky to see 1 bar at intervals through the day, more often, there is no usable signal.

    Can other members experiencing problems confirm the status of the failure?

    Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics. Confirm a good Wifi connection then scroll down to the UMA section.

    Unable to connect ... is a normal message that should resolve shortly... Not Allowed ... is the serious concern.
  11. Quando's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I have been using Talkspot since it came out, without subscribing. Service stopped working Monday morning and I called tech support and was informed that as of Aug 23 2010, users must subscribe to a talkspot plan to access the UMA network. I talked to customer service and she has a $5/month Talkspot access plan that does not include any free calling. As soon as I added it and re-booted the phone.... Talkspot worked again.
  12. Radius's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    This sucks, so they take away a nice feature and hand us the big screw you. Not happy.
    Electrostatic Safety Tips

    My other personality just left me for a more stable individual.
  13. firesting's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I called Rogers about 2 weeks ago and they said there is no $5 options just to USE uma. It's just generally available and only the $10 and $15 options are available for unlimited talk... But uma is down for me too :S
    @vicrinaldi
    BB 9780
  14. firesting's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Just got off with ROGERS!! Good and bad news :S

    Bad: UMA is now $5/month if you want to JUST use the service. (It's included on some plans, ie. Student Plans)

    Good: Service rep i spoke to just advised me that he got an email 10 mins ago, stating... BLACKBERRY TORCH coming out SEPTEMBER 24TH TO ROGERS!!!! Official!
    @vicrinaldi
    BB 9780
  15. phone_junkie's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    153 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Wow and I vaguely remember a few weeks ago this board not believing me when I said there was a $5 option.

    Just so ya know. Retention has the same feature. Only its free.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quando View Post
    I have been using Talkspot since it came out, without subscribing. Service stopped working Monday morning and I called tech support and was informed that as of Aug 23 2010, users must subscribe to a talkspot plan to access the UMA network. I talked to customer service and she has a $5/month Talkspot access plan that does not include any free calling. As soon as I added it and re-booted the phone.... Talkspot worked again.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. firesting's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    And thats exactly what im doing today Along with trying to get a cheaper options for data since I never use my 500meg quota lol. I'll keep this thread updated on how it goes

    Quote Originally Posted by phone_junkie View Post
    Wow and I vaguely remember a few weeks ago this board not believing me when I said there was a $5 option.

    Just so ya know. Retention has the same feature. Only its free.




    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    @vicrinaldi
    BB 9780
  17. bluetroll's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,850 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,862 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    it's too bad... i thought this feature was pretty good too.
  18. tekware's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    65 Posts
    #18  

    Default Rogers Actually Fixed This For Me

    It took 45 minutes and 3 different agents, but Rogers actually entered some code on their end and had me reboot my 8900 to get my UMA back.

    Of course it was explained to them that I had switched to Rogers and purchased a Javelin 8900 a year and a half ago precisely because the phone had WiFi and had UMA. UMA has worked on the phone automatically since day one. I have never had Talkspot and my Internet is not even with Rogers. I just emphasized that whatever they had to do to get my UMA that came with the phone when I signed my 3 year contract had to involve NO increase in my monthly bill. Two people later, we're good to go.

    I was getting text messages of my voice mails 8 hours late yesterday without UMA and they were dropping my calls like they were hot potatoes. This was a show stopper.
  19. RogersElise's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Hi guys!

    I am Elise, I work with the Rogers online communications team.

    We made a change to Talkspot in an effort to ensure proper bandwith for that service, with the goal of improving service and adding utility to customers, especially for those in rural areas.

    Talkspot usage was billed out of your voice bucket. Now you have the choice of two unlimited plans that will allow you to place local calls or Canada-wide via your wireless network without using any of your voice minutes. Please go to Rogers.com[slash]Talkspot for more info.

    Another option that may be of interest is our unlimited local/long distance plans. Info on Rogers.com[slash]longdistance

    And if you are a student, you can benefit from free WiFi calling feature included in some of our student plans. You will find info about on our blo0g RedBoard.

    So you actually have a lot of options to choose from!

    If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact me via PM or on Twitter. I am @RogersElise.

    PS: Unfortunately, I cannot link to the right pages because this is our first post here. Sorry for inconvenience.
  20. asherwiin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    544 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RogersElise View Post
    Hi guys!

    I am Elise, I work with the Rogers online communications team.

    We made a change to Talkspot in an effort to ensure proper bandwith for that service, with the goal of improving service and adding utility to customers, especially for those in rural areas.

    Talkspot usage was billed out of your voice bucket. Now you have the choice of two unlimited plans that will allow you to place local calls or Canada-wide via your wireless network without using any of your voice minutes. Please go to Rogers.com[slash]Talkspot for more info.

    Another option that may be of interest is our unlimited local/long distance plans. Info on Rogers.com[slash]longdistance

    And if you are a student, you can benefit from free WiFi calling feature included in some of our student plans. You will find info about on our blo0g RedBoard.

    So you actually have a lot of options to choose from!

    If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact me via PM or on Twitter. I am @RogersElise.

    PS: Unfortunately, I cannot link to the right pages because this is our first post here. Sorry for inconvenience.
    Hi Elise - thanks for the update in regards to Rogers and UMA. Hopefully you can answer some additional UMA related questions:

    1. When will Rogers announce 'official' support for UMA on its 3G devices?
    2. When UMA for 3G is 'official', will it include UMA support for the Torch?

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions