CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Are there any BB data only plans in Canada?

Hi,

I want to pick up a 9780 or 9700 and all I really want is BBM, no need for phone at all. Are there any data only type plans from any carrier in Canada?

If not, what would be the cheapest option?

By the way, I'm in Calgary near downtown so most/all carriers have decent coverage and 3G here.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by trueimage View Post
    Hi,

I want to pick up a 9780 or 9700 and all I really want is BBM, no need for phone at all. Are there any data only type plans from any carrier in Canada?

If not, what would be the cheapest option?

By the way, I'm in Calgary near downtown so most/all carriers have decent coverage and 3G here.

Cheers
    Yes, you can try Wind Mobile, they have add-ons unlimited Social Blackberry for only $10, you can do BBM and all the social apps.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kelom View Post
    Yes, you can try Wind Mobile, they have add-ons unlimited Social Blackberry for only $10, you can do BBM and all the social apps.
    and just add that to the cheapest plan I can find? My problem is I don't want a phone plan and if I must get one, I definitely don't want a contract. (month to month only)

I have a work phone but just want this personal one for bbm basically.

I'll check out wind's site.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueimage View Post
    and just add that to the cheapest plan I can find? My problem is I don't want a phone plan and if I must get one, I definitely don't want a contract. (month to month only)

I have a work phone but just want this personal one for bbm basically.

I'll check out wind's site.
    Carriers apply billing to a Phone number as the unique identifier to your account, so you will Always need to have a Phone number logged with them for billing purposes,

I have wanted to get a data only plan to buy Android / W7 Devices from Rogers and use them I already carry 2 Voice Plan phones with me, and my Home Phone forwards my voicemail in a downloadable MP3 to my Blackberry so I have no use for another line,

Koodo seems to have the best Rate plan for you with their 50min/50txt plan @ $15, and then Blackberry Social @ $10

but I think they only work with CDMA phones on their own network

Calling Fido, you might be able to get $15 Talk, and $15 Blackberry Social Networking
    Last edited by deRusett; 04-27-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Abuser

Only for deaf people

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts

i dont thikn it is possible for consumers. I know this is possible for business though.... but for consumers like us regular joes.. odnt think it is possible to do so...