CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rogers NFC Micro SIM Card availability?

Anyone know if/when Rogers NFC Micro SIM Card will be available for CIBC NFC payments, in anticipation of BB10?

It looks like only the regular SIM card is available on their website.

I believe that an NFC-capable sim card is only required for devices that do not come with NFC built-in. With an NFC enabled device such as the Z10, it shouldn't be required.

The NFC SIM card is available online. I've not been able to find them in stores.

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/wire...111+4294918080
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Abuser

My store had it, 12.50 + tax. If I recall, when you download the CIBC payments app (for Canadians using CIBC), you get a $25 credit... so offsets the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    I believe that an NFC-capable sim card is only required for devices that do not come with NFC built-in. With an NFC enabled device such as the Z10, it shouldn't be required.
    Not quite how it works.

As for the availability of them, I know all stores in Ottawa are now giving them out with every new microSIM activation.
    CrackBerry User

My Z10 came with a "suretap" sim that is supposed to be compatible with the "upcoming" banking apps. I used Mifare ultralight NFC stickers successfully on my 9900 (with Shortcutme and NFC Launcher) but these stickers don't seem to work on the new Z10.

If anyone knows or has used NFC on their Z10, please respond.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidee View Post
    My Z10 came with a "suretap" sim that is supposed to be compatible with the "upcoming" banking apps. I used Mifare ultralight NFC stickers successfully on my 9900 (with Shortcutme and NFC Launcher) but these stickers don't seem to work on the new Z10.

If anyone knows or has used NFC on their Z10, please respond.
    I am using NFC on Z10 to test my NFC apps (ShortcutMe, MyProfilesPro and FlashLightPro) for BB10.
    Z10 has no issues reading and writing to Mifare Ultralight tags.
    Z10 is actually better (faster and with better range) than older BB models when it comes to read and write NFC tag.

Are you sure your Z10's NFC is okay? If you still have, or know anyone else with, a NFC enabled BlackBerry (running BB10 or BB 7) try to see if you can send a picture from your Z10 to that BB over NFC (Tap and hold an image on your Z10, select Share from the Context menu that slides in from right side of the screen. Then select NFC).
    CrackBerry User

Found out what my problem was. The NFC stickers wouldn't recognize because they already had info on them from my old 9900. One I erased the tag it recognized the tag. I still can't get the NFC Smart tag or Shortcutme 10 to launch anything. Most likely an issue on my end (intermediate user), not the device or app.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidee View Post
    Found out what my problem was. The NFC stickers wouldn't recognize because they already had info on them from my old 9900. One I erased the tag it recognized the tag. I still can't get the NFC Smart tag or Shortcutme 10 to launch anything. Most likely an issue on my end (intermediate user), not the device or app.
    Open ShortcutMe on your Z10, tap and hold a shortcut, select Edit from Context menu, then tap on the icon 'Create NFC tag" on the bottom of the screen, then tap a NFC tag to write to it. Close ShortcutMe.

Now see if that tag can launch that shortcut.
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-10-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    BB10: EmailforGoogleGmail, HUB & BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native App for Z10
    BB10: MyProfilesPro, ShortcutMe 10, BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native Apps for Z10
    BBOS 4+: ShortcutMe, (on sale, %40 off) The Ultimate Shortcut application for BlackBerry
    BBOS 7+: NFCShortcuts, Tap a NFC tag to launch an app, a task, or your macro shortcut in Shortcutme
    BBOS 5+: MyOwnHotKeys, Override default hotkeys and create your own hotkeys