Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

Got it. They jacked the price to 649+tax. I thought if you purchased outright they had to unlock it? Nice piece of hardware.
    9000 > 9780 > 9900 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport Baby!
    CrackBerry Abuser

599.99 at Rogers... going thru the startup now. Going to be a tough day to get work done today...
    novaport likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

599.99 for me at Rogers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try Wireless Wave. They're awesome.
    CrackBerry User

So I'm with Rogers and they refused to sell me one and two of there locations. Also said it would be 649.99 instead of the 599 there advertising. Went to Bell, Koodo, Telus and they all refused as well. When i call Rogers customer service. They couldn't sell me one because the department that would sell it to me was closed so it directed me to customer care. I asked the guy why the Rogers store wouldn't sell it to me out right. He was like its Canada is a free country they can do what they want.. Like seriously what happened to making the customer happy that how it is my in my current and past job. I found it extremely rude. For crying out loud i just want a Z10 how in the world can it be this hard... (p.s im buying it out because im going to wait to do my early upgrade in April/May with the Q10)
    Banned

Rogers tried to charge me 700 had to argue for the 649 price. Koodo wouldnt sell to me outright.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,610 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Default Re: Rogers may refuse to sell BB10 phone unless under a contract?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren19 View Post
    So I'm with Rogers and they refused to sell me one and two of there locations. Also said it would be 649.99 instead of the 599 there advertising. Went to Bell, Koodo, Telus and they all refused as well. When i call Rogers customer service. They couldn't sell me one because the department that would sell it to me was closed so it directed me to customer care. I asked the guy why the Rogers store wouldn't sell it to me out right. He was like its Canada is a free country they can do what they want.. Like seriously what happened to making the customer happy that how it is my in my current and past job. I found it extremely rude. For crying out loud i just want a Z10 how in the world can it be this hard... (p.s im buying it out because im going to wait to do my early upgrade in April/May with the Q10)
    To be fair they are advertising it at $599 on a month to month and $649 outright. There is a difference.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    Got it. They jacked the price to 649+tax. I thought if you purchased outright they had to unlock it? Nice piece of hardware.
    Buying outright I beleive you would have the opportunity to pay $50 to receive the unlock code from Rogers...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

Nope she refused outright, her customer service was not good. I went through crackberry and did it.
    9000 > 9780 > 9900 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport Baby!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I'm out

Just came back from a Rogers kiosk in Waterloo, Ontario and was refused. I had the unit in my hand...They're story was that they couldn't sell them until the US release. Complete crap. I've been a Rogers customer for 20 years and I own my devices. After waiting for years for this I think I've hit my limit.

I was involved with Blackberry since it was just an idea. I was part of the small team that developed it into the service it is today. I believed strongly in what we were making and sacrificed much to get it there. I wasn't ready for the new level of greed I experienced in dealing with Rogers this morning and while the new BB10 device offers much, I'm just not going to wait anymore. And I certainly won't be treated this way by a carrier. My family and I are changing today. Maybe one of the others wants a loyal customer who isn't into abuse.
    CrackBerry Addict

whats to stop someone from purchasing z 10 as month to month and the after 1 or 2 months cancelling the acct?would the person own the phone outright ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

Really who cares, ur contract cancelation fees now are restricted to the cost of the phone, so if you say you want to buy the phone outright,... sign up for a contract get the BB at a discount and phone in to cancel your contract and pay the fee,... Im not seeing a problem here.
    CrackBerry User

Default Rogers may refuse to sell BB10 phone unless under a contract?!

same thing for me. i couldnt buy the phone at full price when i went into a rogers plus store. so i called rogers wireless over the phone and the lady was happy to send the phone by mail and she asked if i can pay the full amount over the phone. i refused at the end as im waiting for the Q10 to arrive. So if you guys wanna purchase the phone at full price then i suggest you call into rogers wireless and they'll send it out to you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone still looking to buy an off contract Z10 I currently have a white one for sale. It was purchased to send to the states but there is no unlock code available for it and I am past the 14 day return period.
    I'm charging $650 for it so you save the taxes.
    - Joey -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12