CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default mobile backup

I just order the $12 value pack with voice mail, call and name display. It also comes with mobile backup. The website(rogers.com) even shows the bold 9700 as a supported phone.
    The problem is there is no software to download, it says "coming soon".

The guy I talked with on the phone had no idea. Does anyone here know when and what is going on?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Rogers Wireless Business Mobile Backup

From what it says, it really is just Rogers' way of doing the work for you. You can easily do the same with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager when you plug it into your computer. I guess it's really a matter of convenience.
    In the land of Z. Stay Focused 24-7.
    Z10 | PlayBook 64 GB
    CrackBerry User

just had this application pushed to my phone this morning backup process works pretty well. Haven't tried restoring contacts yet though
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hope it gets pushed to my phone today.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me if you care

The contact backup is free and the audio, pictures and videos is a paid service. I'm pretty sure I have mobile backup included in my service pack though.

Just checked it out. If you have Mobile Backup listed in your current value pack, contact backup is free. For $5 a month you can backup everything else as well. If it is not included in your value pack, you can pay $2 for contact backup or $5 for everything.

Sounds like quite the ripoff.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

Mobile backup (at a price) is another Rogers squeeze for more cash from your pocket. As a 'feature' in a value pack, its worth nearly nothing.

Hey, there's a reason that BB come with a sync cable and Desktop (and from a 'mobile' perspective, it works well on my netbook), while my free contacts, calendar, memo and tasks online backup (as synced thru the Desktop) is accessed via a Yahoo account - which every Rogers user has available to them for free.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Got pushed last night.