CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I took some video of the Rogers Live App in action

Here ya go. Video uploaded by me. I was NOT on wifi when i took it (as you can see). I was streaming SportsNet on Saturday night.

Please sign this petition to bring Netflix to BlackBerry. Help your BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...berry-devices#

Can I get some information from you?

What kind of signal strength did you have? Was it 2G or 3G? Geographically, where was this taped? Were you in a basement, near a window? What OS are you running? Are you able to stream other things such as YouTube without issue?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Surprised you were even able to get it working, I tried and couldn't get it to work. Finally gave up on it when I contacted support and they said it was only supported on Android and iPhone . Had to fight with them to credit my account. I don't know why any of the Rogers apps are listed in App World, they're all garbage.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wxmancanada View Post
    Can I get some information from you?

What kind of signal strength did you have? Was it 2G or 3G? Geographically, where was this taped? Were you in a basement, near a window? What OS are you running? Are you able to stream other things such as YouTube without issue?
    I had 4 bars ( i was one short of max) . H+. Maple Ridge BC (suburb of Vancouver) On the main level of my house in my office near a window. The original OS 7. I can sortta stream youtube stuff ok. It depends where i am.

When i opened the app and streamed CBC news, i had a few minor lag issues. I got bad lag when i streamed live TV.

I tested it outside with a full 5 bar reception. I streamed live sportsnet. The video still pauses once every 8-10 seconds for 3 seconds.

I will ad that when streaming right, the audio is out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by lonedog View Post
    Surprised you were even able to get it working, I tried and couldn't get it to work. Finally gave up on it when I contacted support and they said it was only supported on Android and iPhone . Had to fight with them to credit my account. I don't know why any of the Rogers apps are listed in App World, they're all garbage.
    Hey bro i feel ya. The app is only $5 for 5 hours a month. Every hour extra is $1 per hour. Two Blue Jays games and you're done. I guess paying $80 a month for a Blackberry and another $100 cable bill means nothing. I get SportsNet on my highdeff package. I should get it on my devices for free. Not according to Rogers.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 04-14-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Please sign this petition to bring Netflix to BlackBerry. Help your BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

This app is touch and go. I just played 10 min of a Jays game with no problems. I switched over to a HNIC game and it paused once every 12 seconds or so.

I would have to rate it a 2 out of 5. Sure it's great at this time of year. Still no real content for spots hockey wise. No football and the video on demand has almost zero content.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 04-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.

@VanCity778, let me take this information back to the group responsible for this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

The app is very fussy. If you want to exit the stream you are watching you have to rotate the device at the right time. If you rotate too soon the app will freeze. I have done maybe 6 - 7 battery pulls since i got the app. I am doing another one as i type this post.

You can not watch SportsNet on this app at anytime as well. If there is an MLB game on SN, the app will show a black screen for a few min and come back with a msg that no content is available.

The live content to this app is like a drop in the bucket compared to Bell Live TV.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I kept checking the SportsNet channel all day. I kept getting this. Even when no hockey, baseball or basketball was on.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,130 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

Quote Originally Posted by VanCity778 View Post
    I kept checking the SportsNet channel all day. I kept getting this. Even when no hockey, baseball or basketball was on.

Click to view quoted image
    Yup I got that all the time. And I had the same problems as you did. Plus u pay 5 bucks a month extra and it uses your data. I'm sure they could make it NOT use your data kinda like they do with the social plan
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Habs_fan View Post
    Yup I got that all the time. And I had the same problems as you did. Plus u pay 5 bucks a month extra and it uses your data. I'm sure they could make it NOT use your data kinda like they do with the social plan
    Say wut ? It sucks up your data ? I heard it didn't

Some clown from Rogers said this

http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/2012...ve-mobile-app/
    Last edited by VanCity778; 04-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,130 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

I'm pretty sure it does, because on the rogers "my acct" app, the two days I had the rogers live app, my data usage went up huge! Prob around 700mb . Luckly I do have the 6gb plan. And that's the only app I added.
    Last edited by Habs_fan; 04-15-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Sortta says it all doesn't it ? Rogers should make it clear if it does or doesn't. I stream 1 period of hockey last night and my data went up by 7 mb. Could have been the emails I sent.

I have an update.

Sent an email out to Rogers and they told me 1.) The app if free 2.) You pay $5 a month for 5 hours of view time. 3.) There is a promotion going on where you can stream unlimited video for free till October. After October you pay $1 for every extra hour ( over your 5 hours).

They are going to release a Rogers Anyplace TV app for all platforms (IOS, Android and the Playbook) very soon. Anyone can stream live content from the Rogers Anyplace TV website since the PB runs flash ( duh ).

The Rogers live app for phones will be upgraded to Rogers Anyplace TV. They never said anything about an upgrade to the content tho.

OH and the reason why we get that msg "No content at this time", SN is showing copyrighted content ( like MLB, NBA ) and it's a whole different licensing thing so you can't view it. So basicly after CBC stops airing HNIC in a few months the only live stream you get is the BlueJays and spotty SN feeds. Woopie.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 04-16-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Galaxy

Is there any chance someone could get me the galaxy apk file so I can convert and try on my playbook? Seems to be a hard file to find.
    BlackBerry Z10
    PlayBook 64 gig
    PlayBook 32 gig
    BlackBerry Q10
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I got an email reply from Rogers today. The same generic email I got the last time I comained abot the app.
    My name is Ilia, I will try my best to resolve this issue for you. I
    sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with this
    app. Please contact us directly at 1-866-931-3282 to recieve a credit
    for this app.

Thank you for choosing Rogers. If you have any further questions or
    comments regarding our service, please contact us at the email address
    or phone number listed below.

Sincerely,

Ilia O.
    Business Technical Support Center
    National Technical Service Delivery
    Rogers Telecom
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have tried this app on the Blackberry 10. It still sucks.

Tried watching the Sens vs Leafs game on HNIC on Saturday night. It was verry choppy.
    Now trying to watch Sens vs. Pens on Sportsnet-East and it is showing the 'no current programming at this time' message even though Sportsnet-East IS showing this game live.
    Why is the Sportsnet feed there if they are not going to show their content?

Disappointed.
    Last edited by BlueRocks; 02-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    BlueRocks
    "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt Not. Fear not."
    CrackBerry Abuser

i watched some YTV for a few minutes it worked ok haha

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRocks View Post
    I have tried this app on the Blackberry 10. It still sucks.

Tried watching the Sens vs Leafs game on HNIC on Saturday night. It was verry choppy.
    Now trying to watch Sens vs. Pens on Sportsnet-East and it is showing the 'no current programming at this time' message even though Sportsnet-East IS showing this game live.
    Why is the Sportsnet feed there if they are not going to show their content?

Disappointed.
    Can I ask what your connection method was? GSM, HSPA, LTE? WiFi?