Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help getting an upgrade

Please don't flame - I'm looking for some help and would appreciate anything. Thanks.

I upgraded to a Torch last year and when I did that, I signed up for another 3 years with Rogers.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to an iPhone 4, but Rogers won't let me because it hasn't been 2 years since my last upgrade.

I'm currently looking to sell my Torch on Kijiji and buy an iPhone with the money. But it's been slim pickins for Rogers iPhones and I don't wanna get a Telus or Bell iPhone then have to unlock it.

Anyways, is there anything else that I can try? I've read people dealing with retention, but I don't know exactly what that is or if it can help me.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Torch it up!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would like to hear the answer to this one. I don't necessarily want an iphone, but I have had 4 9780's since february and they are all junk. Hardware problems (screen and/or keyboard) with every one. I don't want another 9780 now. I loved the phone for the first 2 days, but its been a headache ever since. Really slim choices other than torch, but I am not sure I wanna keep dealing with BB after this fiasco. Reluctantly I may in the end just jump ship and go to the iphone.
    Last edited by djphotography; 07-23-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

Quote Originally Posted by djphotography View Post
    I would like to hear the answer to this one. I don't necessarily want an iphone, but I have had 4 9780's since february and they are all junk. Hardware problems (screen and/or keyboard) with every one. I don't want another 9780 now. I loved the phone for the first 2 days, but its been a headache ever since. Really slim choices other than torch, but I am not sure I wanna keep dealing with BB after this fiasco. Reluctantly I may in the end just jump ship and go to the iphone.
    you must have some really bad luck!! the 9780 is solid... the torch i can understand if u had those issues... but luckily my replacement torch is solid!! much better then my original..

if ur gonna go iphone why not just wait till the ip5? u might have an easier time upgrading!? they might have some crazy promos like they did with the iph4.. anyone and their mom could upgrade to the ip4 no matter when their last upgrade was done
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Call customer service and ask about out of warranty options. Your gonna pay a few bucks but not full price and at times they have some decent phones. (Bb tech can/will only swap like for like under the warranty swap)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com