Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Just call again and go straight to retention. I notice each rep is different so your mileage may vary

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10 -> Passport
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Master

I agree with the above. Call again!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 baby!!
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Thanks guys, yea that's what people are saying, just call back...
    Only problem is I believe they probably put a note on my account, will that cause any issues?
    Also any tips on what I should say? Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Yea that's always been a small concern of mine (the notes) but i have called back, asked politely about what i want e.g. one rep told me they weren't able to match fido plans, while another told me sure he could do it. So it all depends on who you get. Also, another tip i've seen alot of people say works is the "finding out the cost to terminate your contract and switch providers".

Saying it would be cheaper for you to pay off the contract term and switch to another carrier normally does the trick sometimes and they try to help you out. Also...saying that the other carrier agreed to pay your ECF to make the switch an easier transition. Remember be polite, although sometimes it does get frustrating.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Well I called back............. AND I GOT MYSELF A Z10!!!!!!!!! wwwooohhhhooooo!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

congrats!

CB10 App, Z10

Congrats! This whole retentions thing can be a tricky animal, but once you figure it out - it sure can be fun!

Or is that a woman? Hmm.

Congrats either way
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by AndrePrev View Post
    Well I called back............. AND I GOT MYSELF A Z10!!!!!!!!! wwwooohhhhooooo!!
    So what actually transpired?
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Thanks everyone! What happened is of course my wife called, because she wanted an Iphone5 (i know i know... lol) Anyways she got to retentions and it was like night and day costumer service with this new guy. He waved the early upgrade fee on her account right away (8 months just like me = $104) and got her the phone for about $175 on a 3 year renewal.

I did a bit of research and when I spoke with him he also revoked the early upgrade fee, gave me a data plan with 1gb data, and unlimited local calling, unlimited texts, call display, caller id for only $60 a month, since that was the competitive price from fido. So the upgrade cost me roughly $200. Im very happy and I think it's completely worth it...

Apparently they can't waive the administration fee, but that alright.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

I was able to get my administration fee waived at a Telco. The guy said that it was a promotion they were running for all phones right now. over the phone the rep. said that they were not allowed to for anyone! And she was very firm about it. Strange..

CB10 App, Z10
    CrackBerry Master

they waived it for me when i did a hardware upgrade during promotional period
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10 -> Passport
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

I did a bit of research and when I spoke with him he also revoked the early upgrade fee, gave me a data plan with 1gb data, and unlimited local calling, unlimited texts, call display, caller id for only $60 a month, since that was the competitive price from fido. So the upgrade cost me roughly $200. Im very happy and I think it's completely worth it...

Sounds exactly like what retentions offered to me, congrats however, what do you mean by the admin fee? the $35 activation costs? those are bogus and I had them credited back for my upgrade. If you feel on a roll, give them a call back see if theyll get rid of that silly fee since you are on a 3yr plan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Thanks Now the wait... Got an email saying my order is still being processed, hopefully I get it by next week...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

Thanks Now the wait... Got an email saying my order is still being processed, hopefully I get it by next week...
    Did you get a tracking number yet? I got the same email and waiting. Ordered a replacement handset on the 20th. Wonder if they are on backorder...
    CrackBerry Genius

Rogers rebates are now on line under your on line account. Log in and there is a button for rebates. It's now instant. No mail in crap!
    And YES, if you want to upgrade, call Rogers. I was only 11 months into my 3 year plan, with a new 9900. It took me 3 minutes to get them to waive ALL of the early upgrade fee. Thanks Rogers!
    CrackBerry User

I guess I got the anal rep, I will call back. Even after I pointed out it was cheaper to cancel my contract then with their new discounts (50% off the upgrade)she wouldn't move. I said thank you and told her it was a good chance we will cancel but I will talk to the boss first aka wife. I guess I have to call back and hope for another agent and have more research done when I call.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 3xberry View Post
    Rogers rebates are now on line under your on line account. Log in and there is a button for rebates. It's now instant. No mail in crap!
    And YES, if you want to upgrade, call Rogers. I was only 11 months into my 3 year plan, with a new 9900. It took me 3 minutes to get them to waive ALL of the early upgrade fee. Thanks Rogers!
    How did you do it? Im pretty much in the same boat and I want the phone...
    CrackBerry Genius

I called Rogers to chat about the early upgrade fee. They wanted over $325. I asked how much to cancel my line. I told them it might be cheaper to get a Z10 from another carrier. They offered to waive the early upgrade fee. I still had to pay the $189. BUT they have a $50 rebate (credit). You do not need to mail in the rebate. It's done on line in your account. The credit was instant. Good luck! The Z10 is worth it!

From Z to U via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Did my Rogers credit online and got an email 15minutes later saying it was received and credit will be applied to next bill which it has. You don't have to mail it in.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10...don't care what anyone says...I'm loving it and that's all that matters to me!.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Early Upgrade Fee on Rogers

my fee was $286...they reduced it by 50%, to $143 and I got another $50 credit, which brought it down to $93. I think that is pretty good honestly. I don't know how some of you got all your fees cancelled. it would be more expensive to cancel and go with another carrier, so for them to reduce the fees is pretty awesome, considering I haven't paid anything for my previous phone and was only about 13 months into a 36 month contract.

I also sold my previous phone for $180, so that more than offset any fees, incl $35 admin fee. the only catch is they resign you for another 3 years, but doesn't really matter does it? You need a data plan anyways right..?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey,

Just wanted to share my experience getting a Z10 from rogers while still on a 3 years contract.

What I had:
    15 months in a 3 years contract
    $70/month plan (1GB, 1k minutes)

When contacting the customer support:

Upgrade to Z10 would have cost me
    Device price: $149
    Early upgrade fee: $143
    Hw upgrade fee: $35
    Subtotal : $327+ taxes

I asked about discounts and when received a 'sorry no' I asked about how much it would cost me to cancel. At this point got transferred to retention department. This is what I got after discussing with the rep without 'pushing' too hard:
    Device price: $50 ($149 - $99 rebate on device price)
    Early upgrade fee: $143 ($50 upgrade credit/rebate applied to the final bill)
    Hw upgrade fee: $35
    Subtotal : ($228+ taxes) - $50= ~$260

Plus I asked and received and upgrade of the plan for the same price of $70 : 5GB & unlimited calls Canada

Since I have one 9800 and one 9810 that cost me nothing (corporate phones) and that I can sell/trade for a minimum of $115 (BlackBerry trade up value) then the price of upgrade will be around $150. Which is fine with me and is an ok price for such a great phone - Z10 ))

Note: when agreeing on the deal with the retention rep don't forget to take note of the confirmation number.
    Note2: I got this deal without pushing too much or recalling.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12