Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Data roaming in vegas

I know this has been asked before i am headed to veags for a few days, on a typical day i use 30-40 emails, icq, minor web browsing, i usually use 4-500 megs a month. Will i be charged a huge amount in vegas>>>?? Im on Rogers and assume that i will be roaming on AT&T

Thanks!!
    CrackBerry User

you will get hit big time ,as I go to Vegas a few times a year on business,get the pack they have for 20 dolllars and you will be safe.
    CrackBerry User

if you go, close your phone until you get to Vegas, and when your up there fire-up the phone in Vegas

P.S. : remember what happen in Vegas stay's in Vegas ;p
    i was elected to lead, not to read
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Does the 20 dollar pack include data + roaming? i though that it was .003cents a kilobyte without any package add ons?
  5. PvT
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,161 Global Posts
    PIN
    KOPF

In my experience, I've just gotten a voice/roaming package. Yes data usage can send you to the poor house real quick (...well, so can Vegas for that matter). Though if you are just emailing, not opening attachments, not using google maps, surfing the web etc your regular email usage is a very small amount and will only cost you a few or 10 dollars (total loose estimate). What I did last time is set my phone to "Data off when roaming" and was able to connect to wifi (in the "Data Off When Roaming" mode) when available and was able to get my emails, use browser as well as BBM. A couple times I did data roam, but as aforementioned I restricted it to text only email.

That's the beauty of BlackBerry; it's efficient use of data for email.
    I am not young enough to know everything.
    Oscar Wilde
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I just added 10MG for 30$ while roaming!!! ROBBERY!!! oh well no choice i need my email,messenger,IM while im gone. Is MSN messenger data friendly as well as ICQ? i have a business partner who still uses ICQ in europe. Hope 10 mg is ebough 3$ per meg after i pass 10MG. Daily i usually use 40-50 emails 40-50 BBM/IM's Do you think 10MG is enough?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

One last question, is socialscope a data Hog???