Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9000 at Future Shop great CS

Hi All, I did a harware upgrade Nov 27th through Future Shop for a Bold, price they charged me was 199.99 plus tax (did not have to send in mail rebate) Today I opened Future Shop Flyer and see the price of $99.99 for the bold, so I went down to Future Shop showed the flyer and they refunded me $112.00, wow I was impressed. I wonder if Rogers would have done the same if I bought from them?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't believe Rogers would do that after you've received your device.

I believe future shop has Price matching. Guaranteed lowest price stuff. thats why you got the $112 back. =D
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours

future shop and best buy has a price match policy. as long as ur within the return period, they will adjust the price for u
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    206529F5

Quote Originally Posted by Axall View Post
    Hi All, I did a harware upgrade Nov 27th through Future Shop for a Bold, price they charged me was 199.99 plus tax (did not have to send in mail rebate) Today I opened Future Shop Flyer and see the price of $99.99 for the bold, so I went down to Future Shop showed the flyer and they refunded me $112.00, wow I was impressed. I wonder if Rogers would have done the same if I bought from them?
    This doesn't exactly make sense to me. You did a hardware upgrade and yet they refunded you the difference which is $112.00? The thing is that hardware upgrades are charged to your Rogers account so you just ripped off Futureshop for $112.00 and not only that, their $99.99 price is usually for new activations only.

Rogers CANNOT do the same if you bought through them because on the back end, it would be a loss to them.
    Corporate Account Manager
    Rogers Authorized Dealer
    PIN: 206529F5

TORONTO PIN EXCHANGE!!! SHOW SOME LOVE!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.gip View Post
    This doesn't exactly make sense to me. You did a hardware upgrade and yet they refunded you the difference which is $112.00? The thing is that hardware upgrades are charged to your Rogers account so you just ripped off Futureshop for $112.00 and not only that, their $99.99 price is usually for new activations only.

Rogers CANNOT do the same if you bought through them because on the back end, it would be a loss to them.
    Hi, I did not rip anyone off?? This is just my experience with Future Shop customer service. I did not go in a raise a stink about this, I went in to inquire and they gave it to me. My intention was not to rip them off as you put it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no chance

Hey being someone that works there, in that departement. Normally there is no price matching on cellular
    contracts because on your bold you only have 30 mins or 150kb data (you can't just erase by the way)
    That's the return policy now unless youput only 30 mins or that much data in 2 weeks then they technically
    Shoouldnt have accepted it because your no longer able to return (not applicable to the holiday plan)
    But customer service is not up to date with that as they obviously shudnt have refunded you on your card
    As you didn't pay for a HUP in store. But on that note who cares and congrats, I'm pissed cause I payed 400 for my bold
    On a hup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Should of just bought it for the no contract price.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    206529F5

Quote Originally Posted by Axall View Post
    Hi, I did not rip anyone off?? This is just my experience with Future Shop customer service. I did not go in a raise a stink about this, I went in to inquire and they gave it to me. My intention was not to rip them off as you put it.
    I am not saying you intended to rip them off but saying that it just happened, of no fault of your own though. Rephrase it this way: future shop made a mistake on their end, that you benefited from, without intention to. So congrats.
    Corporate Account Manager
    Rogers Authorized Dealer
    PIN: 206529F5

TORONTO PIN EXCHANGE!!! SHOW SOME LOVE!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no chance

Quote Originally Posted by energie View Post
    Should of just bought it for the no contract price.
    Shouldve but had to get 6gb anyways and I only added a year. Sux normally price doesn't drop that fast on BB. What's worse is that one got stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just bought my Bold a week ago on the 3 year term for $199.99 at Future Shop. I looked online and they did in fact drop the price on it down to $99.99.

I went in yesterday and got $105.00 dollars back from them for the price difference. Not a bad deal if you ask me.