Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold 9700 Problems

So on November 3rd I had called Rogers asked for a new blackberry bold 9700, the next day I had one sent to me. When I recieved the new blackberry bold 9700 the "c" key was not working I would press down on it and it would do nothing at all. I went into the Rogers store and he had told me to call Rogers and get them to send me another one. So I had called Rogers rep told me wait 3 - 5 business days which was fine! After a month and half and calling everyday I recieved another blackberry bold 9700. When I had opened it up and tested the keyboard out AGAIN this time the "L" key was not working. So I went into the rogers store and again had them to take a look to see if maybe it was me he spent like half of a hour taking a look doing somethings to it! no luck. SOO I had to call rogers again, the rep who was a total *** who was perty much implying its my fault and that i'm breaking the phone! Didn't offer my anything for all of this! So I had called back again tonight and again no offer on anything AND told me to call ups for a pick up for the first one and to go to a rogers store and pick one up there! Has anyone had any problems with there keyboard??
    CrackBerry Abuser

My keybaord works great !!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

But what are the chances that I get sent two bad phones, and 6 months ago when I had problems with my bold 9000 they sent me a phone that wasn't working properly again and had to call for another replacement for a replacement phone!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    735 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore!!!

I think it just may be the luck of the draw. Through my years of dealing with rogers I've had great replacement phones. And have always received great service regarding them.
    I would give this one a chance and see how it goes. After all what are your other possible options?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

hey, i got my 9700 on 16nov, returned it on 20nov because of an issue with my email icons (i did have an issue with the 'd' button, having to press it very hard to work). now i am on my second 9700 (still within the 14 days) and it decided to keep restarting on me.. wondering if i should return it, go back to my 8320 and wait for them to work things out... besides, i would like ticketmaster on my bb and the 9700 can't handle it, nor slingbox!
    CrackBerry Newbie

This is what I did, had two 9700's within the 14 day window, both had build quality issues (including the backlighting appearing to bleed out on sides and the lighting appearing much brighter on left half of keyboard [if split vertically] than the right side. I finally gave up on it and decided to return the phone until a few OS updates are out and hopefully the general hardware kinks are worked out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

im having a problem with my blackberry 9700 and i dont know if it is because of ATT or what.

my SMS text messaging is killing me (also my MMS is another story....so slow). i send text messages and find out most of my messages are not being sent to the recipient (but my phone says it has been sent...what a liar). they either receive a blank message, multiple sent messages at the same time, or nothing at all (most of the time). BUT i receive their messages all the time!! i dont know if its the carrier problem (the att rep didnt even know what the problem was, but she didnt even know how to use the 9700 which is sad yet stupid), or if its a software problem. it can also be defective. if someone has the same issue can they message me and tell me how they fixed it asap because im about to break this 400 dollar phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

nikesbeezy - I had that same problem with my texts never going through with my iPhone on the Rogers network (which is affiliated with AT&T). They told me the same thing, they couldn't figure out what the problem was.

brianjdupui2009 - I don't know if you are aware or not that when Rogers sends you a "new" replacement phone it's actually a refurbished phone which might explain your problem with the "new" phone they sent you. They pulled the same thing on me back when I had my iPhone, for some reason one day it just stopped letting me make outgoing calls, they tried over the phone to fix it (was on the line for over 2 hours doing pretty much everything I had already tried on my own) before they deemed it was unrepairable. They sent me a replacement and I asked if it would be a new phone and they said yes. Upon receiving it in the mail I found out it was a refurbished phone. I called Rogers to complain that when I bought my phone it was Brand New, so I should be getting the same in return and they told me it was this or nothing. I am unfortunately stuck with Rogers because switching to another carrier will cost me too much in penalties and the deposit other carriers want when you start up with them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,775 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6425E3

Quote Originally Posted by bcw_83 View Post
    nikesbeezy - I had that same problem with my texts never going through with my iPhone on the Rogers network (which is affiliated with AT&T). They told me the same thing, they couldn't figure out what the problem was.

brianjdupui2009 - I don't know if you are aware or not that when Rogers sends you a "new" replacement phone it's actually a refurbished phone which might explain your problem with the "new" phone they sent you. They pulled the same thing on me back when I had my iPhone, for some reason one day it just stopped letting me make outgoing calls, they tried over the phone to fix it (was on the line for over 2 hours doing pretty much everything I had already tried on my own) before they deemed it was unrepairable. They sent me a replacement and I asked if it would be a new phone and they said yes. Upon receiving it in the mail I found out it was a refurbished phone. I called Rogers to complain that when I bought my phone it was Brand New, so I should be getting the same in return and they told me it was this or nothing. I am unfortunately stuck with Rogers because switching to another carrier will cost me too much in penalties and the deposit other carriers want when you start up with them.
    Good luck going to another carrier... Every carrier replaces their phones with refurbs!

CrackBerry Abuser

I have ATT and im on my fourth 9700. The third one had a T key that didn't work. Keep trying...this one is nearly perfect!

CrackBerry Abuser

my camera doesnt work!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28060b1C

so much problems is there a way to check all the keypad first before u buy ?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brianjdupui2009 View Post
    But what are the chances that I get sent two bad phones, and 6 months ago when I had problems with my bold 9000 they sent me a phone that wasn't working properly again and had to call for another replacement for a replacement phone!
    Always go to a store. Don't EVER order from Rogers cust serv. They often send used phones.

CrackBerry Newbie

Angry My Blackberry Is Crap!

i have had this blackberry for about a month at the start it never had MMS or bluetooth but we thought we could ring up and someone would help us but no... 02 were giving us solutions and they didn't work so later on in the month my texts stopped working and all i can really now do is call people and use the internet but that is a hard possibility because i used to get full signal but now nothing ): nothings fair these days. ... Any solutions anyone?
    CrackBerry Newbie

so my experience with the 9700 has been an awful one as well.

on my phone my q key doesn't work, sometimes the phone will turn itself off when you plug it in (which isn't a big problem), the bbm will randomly but frequently just stop working meaning that i can't open peoples messages and i have to pull the battery, applications disappear and i can't find them but it won't let me download it again especially app world and google maps (ps why does google maps say things like "turn north east" if i'm lost chances are good i don't know which way north east is!) , the speaker is in the phone when i make a call is awful although it's fine when you watch a movie without headphones, everytime i plug my phone into the computer it puts back on the names of every file i have ever had on my phone even though they have been deleted, sometimes the browser won't work even though it is getting full reception, i can't turn off the bluetooth even though i have never turned it on.

there are probably more things wrong with this phone but thankfully rogers is replacing it.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM...

Lol, mine has been perfect. Not a single problem. I've dropped it a bunch of times to.

My dad's Telus 9700 is much different though. The trackpad is horrible, very loose in comparison with my Rogers one. Feels like it sinks and wobbles around.

And his is made in Canada and mine is made in Mexico. Hmm.

CrackBerry Newbie

I had bought the bold 9700 it was nice at first but i had it replaced 4 times plus 1 battery all with in a 3 month period. the first phone heated up then it would reboot its self. the next 3 would heat up and give off a melting of plastice smell. the last 1 got so hot you could feel the heat through the case. it dropped calls like crazy. when i talked to t mobile the girl told me they have been having alot of problems with the 9700 bold. i told them i wanted another phone so they are sending me the dash 3g which she said they have not had any problems with it. its almost the same as bold but with track ball. so my advice stay away from the 9700 bold.
    CrackBerry User

So I'm on my second 9700 and now it's starting the same crap, I will be doing something and all of a sudden I get a black square that looks like a clock with a dial spinning around in the middle of it and when this is happening I can't do anything. The phone is locked up like it's trying to think and keep up. Has any of you had this problem? How many times do you guys/gals take your battery out and do a hard restart?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by brianjdupui2009 View Post
    So on November 3rd I had called Rogers asked for a new blackberry bold 9700, the next day I had one sent to me. When I recieved the new blackberry bold 9700 the "c" key was not working I would press down on it and it would do nothing at all. I went into the Rogers store and he had told me to call Rogers and get them to send me another one. So I had called Rogers rep told me wait 3 - 5 business days which was fine! After a month and half and calling everyday I recieved another blackberry bold 9700. When I had opened it up and tested the keyboard out AGAIN this time the "L" key was not working. So I went into the rogers store and again had them to take a look to see if maybe it was me he spent like half of a hour taking a look doing somethings to it! no luck. SOO I had to call rogers again, the rep who was a total *** who was perty much implying its my fault and that i'm breaking the phone! Didn't offer my anything for all of this! So I had called back again tonight and again no offer on anything AND told me to call ups for a pick up for the first one and to go to a rogers store and pick one up there! Has anyone had any problems with there keyboard??
    I'm having the same problem! And it's happening to more buttons every day! Help!!
    CrackBerry User

Default White Screen of Death

I've had the 9700 since June 12, 10 (after I sat in a swimming pool with my 9000 in my back pocket - wups!). I had no problems with it until late July when out of nowhere - the White Screen of Death. I took it to my local AT&T store and they confirmed the problem and sent me to the local warranty service store who replaced it with a refurb. It's been working fine until this AM and I got the WSOD again this AM. This time I was able to reset the device by taking the battery out and rebooting. It seems OK for now. We'll see how long this one lasts.

I really, really wish I would have waited a couple of weeks and purchased the Torch. I'm PO'd I didn't do that. Maybe this one will die and I can get a refund and apply towards purchase???
    "So Cybil, how many of you are in there?"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Clicking keys on Blackberry Bold 9700 (Corporate Plan)

Iím on a corporate plan and I received my Blackberry Bold 9700 handset on August 13. Both the Escape key and the End/Power key make loud clicking noises (similar to a retractable ballpoint pen) when pressed. I thought this was normal for the handset until I compared my handset to other Blackberry Bold 9700s.

August 26 -
    I visited the Rogers Plus location at Pacific Centre (470 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC). The customer service representative I spoke to examined my phone, and compared it to his own Blackberry Bold 9700, and told me to contact the retailer from I which purchased my Blackberry in order to get a replacement.
    I e-mailed the sales representative at Wireless Communications Plus, which is where I obtained my Blackberry.

August 27 -
    I received an e-mail from sales representative advising me to contact technical support at 1-877-274-3375. The customer service representative I spoke to at technical support, Quazi, told me to go to a store and get to call from there (call reference I313375105), despite the fact that I told him that I had already been to the store.
    I returned to the Rogers Plus location at Pacific Centre (470 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC). This time the customer service representative told me that my issue was not a defect and that they could not replace my handset.

This has been a very frustrating experience as I have compared my Blackberry Bold 9700 to other Blackberry Bold 9700s and my issue is not normal.

I have only had my Blackberry for 14 days. I haven't dropped my phone or spilled any liquids on it. It is reasonable to assume that the keys are not yet worn out.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to get a replacement?

Thank you.