1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM with Rogers from Canada to US

Hey hopefully super helpful people.
    So i just got my new blackb erry and i am loving it! I am however confused about BBM a bit.
    I got the $30 data pack or whatever that comes with unlimited messaging, and all that jazz, including BBM. However I have friends in the states that also have blackberry phones. We exchanged pins and have sent a few messages, but now i am slightly concerned about the charges associated. I have read several different things on these forums, some saying international BBM is free, people havent been charged, and others saying it costs...
    Can anyone clarify?!?!?!

Thanks a bajillion!!
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts

It's all included in your data plan. You will NOT get any charges for using BBM to send messages to users in any country. That's one of the great things about BBM. Whoever advised you that you would be charged is flat out crazy.

The only way you would see additional charges would be if you were in the USA, with a Rogers SIM card and then sending messages. Where in that case you would be roaming, but that's a totally different topic.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks a billion!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    The only way you would see additional charges would be if you were in the USA, with a Rogers SIM card and then sending messages. Where in that case you would be roaming, but that's a totally different topic.
    I have used BBM a few times while roaming in the US, and if that's all you are using then it's ok. You get charged for 20KB blocks for roaming as I recall and it isn't too steep if in the USA. I have also used Google maps while in the USA and I still didn't get charged too much.

However, go overseas and do that and you're looking at a monster bill.
    Electrostatic Safety Tips

My other personality just left me for a more stable individual.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

All bbms are routed to RIMs serves, which then routs it to he recievers carrier. There is absolutely no way for re carrier to know where the pin came from or was sent to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    All bbms are routed to RIMs serves, which then routs it to he recievers carrier. There is absolutely no way for re carrier to know where the pin came from or was sent to.

It's the same with emails, you don't get charged "long distance emails", that would be silly.