Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Advice

Hey team,

Alright so I need some advice.

2 years ago this February, I used my upgrade with Rogers to get a Blackberry 9780. Unfortunately, that phone didn't last very long. Currently I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE.

I called Rogers yesterday asking about BB10, and how much it would cost to upgrade. They told me I still have 1 more year for my FREE upgrade, so I will have to pay $170 IN ADDITION to the hardware I want.

I think this is complete bull - 2 years is long enough. But, fair enough, it's what I agreed to at the time of my last upgrade.

The advice I need is: IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS $170 EARLY UPGRADE FEE? Any loopholes I can use?

I want BB10 the day I can get my hands on it, but I'm not giving rogers that extra cash!

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIN
    Some Numbers and Letters

last i heard it was 30months for hardware upgrade. maybe someone from rogers on the forum can pipe up
    CrackBerry User

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last summer when I went in to renew, with 5 weeks left in the contract they were going to charge me an early cancellation fee of $100, then 2 months at $20 and then the hardware upgrade charge. Because the phone was for my daughter, and I was going to then put it in her name after her birthday, I chose to cancel the phone and then took her shopping on her birthday for a new one, in her name.
    CrackBerry User

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try calling in to Rogers and asking about the possibility of doing a hardware upgrade to the BB10. In my experience, though some people might tell you otherwise, the longer you have been a customer with Rogers, the more likely they'll be able to waive some or all of the fees - especially if you tell them that you've had problems with your phone, you've been with them for a long time (10 years), basically a sob story. You might be lucky enough that the person is feeling generous and they might do you a favour - I got a $100 writeoff of my early upgrade fee when I switched from the 9800 to the 9900! If you do get them to agree to writing down part or all of the early upgrade fee, make sure you ask for a reference number so when you go into the store and they guy/gal quotes you a different upgrade price, you can just whip out your reference number!

Good luck!