CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Activate at Future Shop - No Activation Fee, Plus $50 Bill Credit, Plus $150 Gift Car

Heads up, activate a Blackberry (so long as it's not the Pearl Flip) with Rogers at Future Shop before years end and get the activation fee waived ($35), plus receive a $50 bill credit, as well as a $150 gift card (currently $100 gift card, Dec 26th-31st will be $150 gift card). That's $235 in bonuses.. Awesome!
    Current Blackberries:
    Rogers Blackberry Bold 9000
    Rogers Blackberry Kickstart 8220
    Add Me On MySpace
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow. I just got my bold 2 weeks ago I wonder if they will give me part of these bonuses if I go back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

Is this spam? Because the way it is stated sounds like an advertising pitch! haha
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Also is this advertised anywhere? New activations only?

CrackBerry Abuser

New Activations Only.

Also I believe Voice+Data would have to total up of $45.00/Month.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where did you see this advertised? I called rogers asking for the $50 and they basically told me to f off.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no chance

This is a dealer applied credit and as far as I've heard its true

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask :)

Does anyone know how much the bold is there...Also for Boxing Week bestbuy is giving a $200 gift card if you activate any pearl or curve
    CrackBerry Abuser

Usually when you see Future Shop /The Source/ Best Buy advertisements with those offers, 50 bill credit.., 150 gift card , its usually a dealer promotion, what the post above states.

If you call rogers asking that, it wouldn't be possible. They don't do "Promotion Matches"

I can tell you that No Activation Fee is for all dealers, regardless of Futureshop/BestBuy/TheSource. If you go to wirelesswave, you'll also receive the no activation fee promotion.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bedaweed View Post
    Does anyone know how much the bold is there...Also for Boxing Week bestbuy is giving a $200 gift card if you activate any pearl or curve
    The Source is selling $99 for the Bold I believe.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by davidwongdw View Post
    The Source is selling $99 for the Bold I believe.
    Really, i hope their giving away gift cards too, i guess im gunna wait until boxing day to get a phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I bring you guys PICTURES

first one is bestbuy second is futureshop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Activate at Future Shop - No Activation Fee, Plus  Bill Credit, Plus 0 Gift Car-bestbuy-futureshop.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    206529F5

The only reason Future Shop and Best Buy do these types of promotions is to get higher numbers and be a loss leader. The downside to this is that in the end, good luck getting consistent level of customer service.

My experience with tying up the loose ends that future shop/best buy reps leave behind is that they don't properly qualify customers so customers get put on the wrong price plans and are not getting the value they deserve.

If you activate through futureshop/best buy and later find out you're eligible for a corporate plan all along that would have saved you a ton each month in terms of free wireless essentials and wireless essentials discount, you'd be pretty cheesed about all the money you already shelled out but wouldn't have had to had you gone to a company that follows proper business rules.

But that is my take and each customer I serve is important to me, how important are you to futureshop/best buy?
    Corporate Account Manager
    Rogers Authorized Dealer
    PIN: 206529F5

TORONTO PIN EXCHANGE!!! SHOW SOME LOVE!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.gip View Post
    The only reason Future Shop and Best Buy do these types of promotions is to get higher numbers and be a loss leader. The downside to this is that in the end, good luck getting consistent level of customer service.

My experience with tying up the loose ends that future shop/best buy reps leave behind is that they don't properly qualify customers so customers get put on the wrong price plans and are not getting the value they deserve.

If you activate through futureshop/best buy and later find out you're eligible for a corporate plan all along that would have saved you a ton each month in terms of free wireless essentials and wireless essentials discount, you'd be pretty cheesed about all the money you already shelled out but wouldn't have had to had you gone to a company that follows proper business rules.

But that is my take and each customer I serve is important to me, how important are you to futureshop/best buy?
    Im going to futureshop but only because my brother works there.
    Which store do you work at?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.gip View Post

100% Agree with what Matthew said. I've had customers complaining that BestBuy/Futureshop forced them to sign up a $7 Unlimited Mobile Browsing + $30 Data Plan in order to get the N95 for $99 (That was months ago)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Hey guys forgot to say i went to futureshop there was no bill credit but there was a $150 gift card and no activation fee.

The guy was really nice he upgraded my gift card to $200

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver022 View Post
    Heads up, activate a Blackberry (so long as it's not the Pearl Flip) with Rogers at Future Shop before years end and get the activation fee waived ($35), plus receive a $50 bill credit, as well as a $150 gift card (currently $100 gift card, Dec 26th-31st will be $150 gift card). That's $235 in bonuses.. Awesome!
    Anything Future Shop, Bestbuy, (even Rogers.com with $50 Cdn Tire gift card) offer in the way of gift cards can be matched as a credit to your future cell phone bills from your local Rogers dealer. I am so glad Airsource put that towards my phone purchase instead ordering online from rogers and getting a $50 gift card that would sit around and get me something I really don't need.

No activation fee, $120 bill credit, $50 off phone and I didn't have to set foot into a giant box store with cheap parents and cheaply made kids.
    CrackBerry User

I bought my BB BOLD at futureshop during boxing day promotion, they gave me a 200$ Gift card for new activation with a 3 year contract.

So pretty much I only paid the taxes for the phone itself since 3 year contract, phone was priced for 200$.

As for the contract, this is what I got...

Mega Time 25 - $25.00 / $30 Data Value Pack (for BlackBerry devices)

100 Weekday Minutes
    Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes
    Unl. Local Calls 3 Mths

Additional Services
    Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use
    10000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    Partial Detail Billing
    10000 Sent/Unl.Received Txt
    Unlimited Network Calling
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 500MB

Additional Charges**
    911 Emergency Svc Access Fee - $0.50 - Monthly
    System Access Fee - $6.95 - Monthly - What is this?

Discount(s)
    Activation Fee Credit
    33.3% Value Pack Add-on Disc.

I dunno if this is a good deal or not, particularly getting the bold for free is what got me hooked.
    Last edited by manicdvln; 01-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by nursegogoplata View Post
    Anything Future Shop, Bestbuy, (even Rogers.com with $50 Cdn Tire gift card) offer in the way of gift cards can be matched as a credit to your future cell phone bills from your local Rogers dealer. I am so glad Airsource put that towards my phone purchase instead ordering online from rogers and getting a $50 gift card that would sit around and get me something I really don't need.

No activation fee, $120 bill credit, $50 off phone and I didn't have to set foot into a giant box store with cheap parents and cheaply made kids.
    You're a huge tool, no offense. Hating on big box because it's sooo non-conformist? Yeah, right. You'd be a fool not to purchase from an established retail giant in my opinion. What happens if your phone craps out? At least you can go to one of what 300 locations across Canada? Plus you still get Rogers customer service.
    Current Blackberries:
    Rogers Blackberry Bold 9000
    Rogers Blackberry Kickstart 8220
    Add Me On MySpace