Going to the dentist for zoom but before I shell out $300 for some bright white teeth what's the bleach tray and white strips how do they stack up against this zoom method.

Also hear people saying it is really painful and they can't make it through the whole process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

UPDATE THE PRORCESS WAS COMPLTED PHOTO ON POST NUMBER 8!!!
    Last edited by AaronJP; 03-03-10 at 06:58 PM.
    03-02-10 04:21 PM
    Drug store whitening doesn't even begin to compare to professional whitening.
    03-02-10 04:34 PM
    Going to the dentist for zoom but before I shell out $300 for some bright white teeth what's the bleach tray and white strips how do they stack up against this zoom method.

Also hear people saying it is really painful and they can't make it through the whole process.

My aunt is a dentist, and she does this "Rembrandt" treatment, where I sit there for about an hour and "cooks" my teeth with this blue laser thing.

I won't lie, it hurts, and stays painful for a few days afterwards. (Like getting an electric jolt sent through your teeth every so often...)

Also, you have to stay away from colored foods for about a month, or risk staining your teeth.

The first time I did it, I could only last 30-40 minutes.

But the difference between home kits, and a doctor visit is vast.

10-22 shades lighter in an hour!
    03-02-10 05:21 PM
    Yeah that what's people are telling me. I don't waste $300 and not be able to complete the process. The home kit I can understand a difference but I was also wondering about the bleach trays. Just don't want this to be a waste of time and money. And it sucks insurance doesn't help with it.

03-02-10 07:10 PM
    Bleach trays are hard on your gums. Plus they are universal trays so they don't evenly distribute the whitening product.

03-02-10 08:26 PM
    Going to try the most advanced version of the white strips for like $50. See what kind of results I will get. Then if Im not satisfied I will pay the $300. Hopefully the white strips will show good results, worse case scenario im out of $50.
    03-02-10 09:45 PM
    Something you have to also consider is the tone of your enamel.

Some people will never get "white" teeth, because their enamel is naturally "gray".

Now, gray might sound gross, but really its not that different in color from white. And no matter how much whitening you do, it will still stay within the gray scale, but just get brighter.

Also, I find those teeth whiteners take much longer to actually show results. If the packaging says whiter smile in 7 days, well that doesn't mean after 7 days, VOILA brilliant smile.

I'd stick with it for a good month and a half or so.

If you tan, use a teeth whitener/tanning solution in conjunction.
    03-03-10 09:04 AM
    Here is the end result.
    It was worth the $300.

Now my smile is bright white. That photo was taken with no flash.
    03-03-10 06:48 PM
    Nice smile, and white teeth!

I would say it was worth the 300, Wise choice!
    03-04-10 02:48 PM
    Thanks had some pain but it was worth it I would do it again

03-04-10 02:59 PM
    Crest Whitestrips are like the gateway drug to tooth whitening products!

After my dabble in Whitestrips, I jonsed for something stronger so I got the custom trays made from the dentist and 22% bleach. It got to the point where it felt like I was getting electrocuted through my mouth and my friends started calling me Ross (evidentally a Friends episode I never saw where his teeth glowed in the dark).

Now I just occasionally swoosh with some whitening mouthwash. I had to walk away from bleaching as I bleached to the point they were whiter than the whites of my eyes (which I gather is a no-no asthetically) and the dentist said they wouldnt have materials light enough in the event I ever need a filling in front. And thats my story.

PS...Your teeth look great!
    03-04-10 03:06 PM
    Thanks lol yours were white....

03-04-10 04:06 PM
    Not to mention, excessive whitening can wear away your enamel...

Which is BAD!
    03-04-10 04:23 PM
    Not to mention, excessive whitening can wear away your enamel...
    Which is BAD!
    so can excessive Prince Alberts.....but eh *shrug*
    03-04-10 04:37 PM
    Looking sexy Aaron.

so can excessive Prince Alberts.....but eh *shrug*
    Hey OH!
    03-04-10 04:39 PM
    Thanks.

03-04-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD