ALADDIN OIL LAMPS PARTS
    I might be wrong, apparently they do still make some parts. Now I'm all excited lol.
    04-03-13 11:43 PM
    I don't think electrical tape will ever be discontinued.
    04-04-13 01:11 PM
    I don't think electrical tape will ever be discontinued.
    +1. I also think duct tape won't ever be discontinued.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Foroplex
    04-22-13 04:02 PM
    barefoot

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-22-13 06:05 PM
    I have a vintage Western Electric 302 rotary dial phone, circa 1937, with a genuine die cast zinc alloy body, instead of the bakelite bodies which WE had to use just before WWII. I think I need to replace the transmitter and receiver in the handset. Fortunately, the local telephone switch serving me accepts its dial pulses and lets me dial numbers that way. The ringer is really loud and made with brass gongs for that loudness.
    04-22-13 08:52 PM
    We don't have one of those electrical ding dongs ringers!

The door still has a mechanical twist doorbell thingabob similar to:
    Those are AWESOME. I'm totally jealous now.
    04-22-13 11:04 PM
    I carry with me at all time a pen and a small pocket note book to write reminder despite always having my BlackBerry with me. Works better for me

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:49 AM
    I have a vintage Western Electric 302 rotary dial phone, circa 1937, with a genuine die cast zinc alloy body, instead of the bakelite bodies which WE had to use just before WWII. I think I need to replace the transmitter and receiver in the handset. Fortunately, the local telephone switch serving me accepts its dial pulses and lets me dial numbers that way. The ringer is really loud and made with brass gongs for that loudness.
    That would be really cool if it could be connected to an alarm clock and used as the ringer. It would be loud enough to wake the dead.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-24-13 03:19 AM
    Here's my buddy's low-tech iPad case. He's used it for a year and it's more tattered and even better camouflage now

05-06-13 05:59 PM
    Here's my buddy's low-tech iPad case. He's used it for a year and it's more tattered and even better camouflage now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...G_00000252.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...G_00000253.jpg
    Just admit it, there is no "buddy". lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-06-13 06:10 PM
    That would be really cool if it could be connected to an alarm clock and used as the ringer. It would be loud enough to wake the dead.
    Not my buddy. He can sleep for twenty minutes through a 120 db Screamin' Beekin' alarm. It could wake up neighbors two doors down
    05-06-13 06:34 PM
    [QUOTE=TheScionicMan;8435717]Here's my buddy's low-tech iPad case. He's used it for a year and it's more tattered and even better camouflage now]

You are winning right now.
    TheScionicMan and BergerKing like this.
    05-06-13 07:02 PM
    I'm going to go get a McDonald's pie box to hold phone... You have inspired me, sir/madam.
    axllebeer and BergerKing like this.
    05-06-13 07:04 PM
    Just admit it, there is no "buddy". lol
    Nice try. This is how I roll, fully old skool. Check the logo on the bag:

axllebeer, BergerKing and fryk like this.
    05-06-13 07:49 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psf29283cc.jpg
    Now this is quite classy, and distinguished. I like it.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 05-07-13 at 03:03 PM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-06-13 09:48 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psf29283cc.jpg
    That's dope!!!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-06-13 11:50 PM
    When my truck AC and alternator failed the same hot, steamy night in Virginia, I found myself streaming sweat trying to get some sleep, as the surrounding motels were too full to get a room. I was dreaming of some way to sleep comfortably. Outside was 90� with 90+ humidity, but it was 105� in the cab. The fan I had just blew hot air.

After an hour, I got up and went to the restaurant, and asked them for a meat box and a trash bag. I then went to the store and got two bags of ice. Toted it all out to the truck, where I put the bag in the bottom of the box, the ice fit in perfectly to fill the bottom of the box. I then cut small holes in one side of the lid, and a single hole in the other, sized for my turbo fan. I taped the lid in position, and inserted the intake side of the fan.

When I flipped it on, cold air blasted out and washed over me. I was asleep in minutes, with a satisfaction that was hard to beat.
    05-07-13 11:40 AM
    When my truck AC and alternator failed the same hot, steamy night in Virginia, I found myself streaming sweat trying to get some sleep, as the surrounding motels were too full to get a room. I was dreaming of some way to sleep comfortably. Outside was 90� with 90+ humidity, but it was 105� in the cab. The fan I had just blew hot air.

After an hour, I got up and went to the restaurant, and asked them for a meat box and a trash bag. I then went to the store and got two bags of ice. Toted it all out to the truck, where I put the bag in the bottom of the box, the ice fit in perfectly to fill the bottom of the box. I then cut small holes in one side of the lid, and a single hole in the other, sized for my turbo fan. I taped the lid in position, and inserted the intake side of the fan.

When I flipped it on, cold air blasted out and washed over me. I was asleep in minutes, with a satisfaction that was hard to beat.
    :') That was beautiful.
    axllebeer and BergerKing like this.
    05-07-13 03:25 PM

Now that is ingenuity
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-07-13 08:04 PM
    I still use an Exacompta planner in which I write everything I put in my phone calendar and more. Each weekly page has a page for notes. And i use sticky page markers for important pages of info I want to find quickly.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-08-13 09:45 AM
    I signed my name on your mamas boobies and heart shaped you know what last night.
    Well, let's hope you buried her in the same plot when you where done. Because she's been deceased for some time now.
    05-08-13 08:32 PM
    Duct tape...fixes anything.
    Hahahahahaha........Thats actually funny......Sticky notes do the trick for me
    05-09-13 12:31 PM

Duct tape...fixes anything.
    If you can't duck it......
    Attached Thumbnails Your low-tech solutions?-downloadfile.jpeg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 05-09-13 at 03:48 PM.
    Shanerredflag and BergerKing like this.
    05-09-13 03:35 PM
    05-09-13 04:11 PM
    I take all my class notes by hand. I remember better that way.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Writing things down will help you remember them
    05-12-13 01:56 PM
55 123