Your low-tech solutions?
We can take it for granted that most of us here are smart-phone addicts (and I research mobile for a living so I'm worse than most) but something that interests me - where do you use a low-tech solution rather than a high-tech one?
Let me give an example - I went through to-do app after to-do app on various platforms and none of them stuck - so now I just have a big whiteboard which is spilt into sections that are graded one to five (one being the highest priority), then as jobs come up I just stick them on the board and move them up or down as needed - I find that much more productive than a to-do app, the visual aspect seems to work better.
- 02-06-13, 01:53 PM #2
RE: Your low-tech solutions?
I carry an antique railroad standard pocket watch.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
- 02-16-13, 02:32 PM #9
I take all my class notes by hand. I remember better that way.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10Need an app for your blog/business or want some BB10 coding help? PM me for rates
OSBB - For Devs, by Devs. : OSBB Forum on CrackBerry : Create OTAs with Dropbox : Unlock your Escreen : BB10 Escreen Unlock App : Hybriding Basics : Custom PB Browser Homepage : BB10 on PlayBook (depreciated) : BB Github Contributors : SKBR : Restoring after Downgrading : BB10 Leak Checking App (leakCheck)My Apps in BlackBerry App World - Proceeds pay for diapers
- CrackBerry Genius
02-21-13, 04:43 AM #12
- 2,375 Posts
- That's for me to know and you to guess!
Your low-tech solutions?
I still use the old fashion Diary. I actually do write stuff in it.
Open it where the little ribbon bookmark is and bingo, it works!
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using TapatalkDo as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).
Into every life a little ale must pour
- 02-23-13, 10:29 AM #14
And...I still have an old phone for the house...remember the one with the long cord and a wire that plugs into the wall...works when there is a power outage and it's still my favorite for talking on while writing or working on the pc.
(yes we have the cordless too but they are forever having issues and they are just not as comfortable to hold with your shoulder)
Posted via CB10Be nice, it's free.
- 03-07-13, 11:20 PM #17
I prefer wood to a gas grill. I do like taking notes when learning. Being able to read them later, pricelessWAPers do it With A Passion
Zee - Cue Warrior °.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.° Born to °.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.°``°.¸¸.° BBOS Upgrade Guide
BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
- 03-08-13, 12:20 AM #19If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 03-08-13, 12:22 AM #20If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 03-08-13, 12:25 AM #21If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 04-02-13, 02:37 PM #22I ride a horse to work.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Foroplex
- 04-03-13, 11:39 PM #25
In the event of a power outage, I have a generator for things like the fridge. But, for light I still use an old Aladdin Lamp. For those that may have never heard of one, I'll include a pic from the Web. The mantle isn't made anymore but I have about 10 for when they burn out. It's not the same as a normal oil or kerosene lamp. The mantle is the main thing that sets it apart.I am the one who knocks...
- By tcannizzo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 6Last Post: 12-01-10, 11:10 PM
- By MuDDuQ in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 11Last Post: 04-29-09, 01:02 PM
- By MuDDuQ in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 11Last Post: 04-29-09, 01:02 PM
- By bradtrox in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 30Last Post: 12-26-08, 12:33 AM
- By needadviceonsumptin in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 06-15-08, 01:07 PM