Jack is looking at Anne, but Anne is looking at George. Jack is married, but George is not. Is a married person looking at an unmarried person?
    A) Yes.
    B) No.
    C) Cannot be determined.
    11-05-09 08:28 AM
    Jack is looking at Anne, but Anne is looking at George. Jack is married, but George is not. Is a married person looking at an unmarried person?
    A) Yes.
    B) No.
    C) Cannot be determined.
    A) Yes

Am I smarter than an iphone user? I'd like to think I'm smarter than anybody who uses Mac
    11-05-09 08:30 AM
    C) Cannot be determined
    11-05-09 08:36 AM
    C) Cannot be determined
    You are not smarter than an iPhone user
    11-05-09 08:41 AM
    It doesn't say anything about Anne. Either she's single, and there is a married person looking at her. Or she is married, and she's looking at a single person But George is the only single one... So he must be the iPhone user
    11-05-09 08:43 AM
    c) there is no statement on Anne's marital status with either Jack or George or anyone else.
    Nor is there a statement of "three people in a room, two are married" limiter. Undetermined.

Mathematically, it is still possible to make an Anne-sandwich though.
    11-05-09 08:44 AM
    Omg! Common guys! Sad day for smart phone owners
    11-05-09 08:48 AM
    You can't determine because we know for a fact George is unmarried but we don't know Anne's marital status. Come one BS...

Trucky, what's the source?
    11-05-09 08:52 AM
    Lol. It works either way. Anne Unmarried = Yes. (Jack is looking at her)
    Anne Married = Yes. (Anne looking at George).

Fin.
    11-05-09 08:53 AM
    You can't determine because we know for a fact George is unmarried but we don't know Anne's marital status. Come one BS...

Trcky, what's the source?
    It doesn't matter though...

She's single = Jack is married, and also looking at her.

She's married = She's married, and looking at George.

You don't need to know her marital status
    11-05-09 08:54 AM
    I can't give the answer yet... the debate is too interesting.
    11-05-09 08:56 AM
    I can't give the answer yet... the debate is too interesting.
    There's no debate here There is only me, and my awesomeness...
    11-05-09 08:57 AM
    This still doesn't answer the question of who's hiding the Pickle.
    11-05-09 08:57 AM
    Hey, at least she's looking.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 09:16 AM
    Back-Space wins... but then, I'm not sure if it says the higher thinkers will get the wrong answer or not... hmmmmmmm

It’s about “dysrationalia,” which is what happens when people with nominally high IQ’s end up thinking irrationally.

And the answer is the first option. But over 80 percent of people choose the third option. Here’s the solution: the puzzle doesn’t say whether Anne is married or not, but she either is or she isn’t. If Anne is married, she’s looking at George, so the answer is “yes”; if she’s unmarried, Jack is looking at her, so the answer is still “yes.” The underlying reason why smart people get the wrong answer is (according to the article) that they simply don’t take the time to go carefully through all of the possibilities, instead taking the easiest inference. The patience required to go through all the possibilities doesn’t correlate very well with intelligence.
    11-05-09 09:20 AM
    Back-Space wins... but then, I'm not sure if it says the higher thinkers will get the wrong answer or not... hmmmmmmm

It�s about �dysrationalia,� which is what happens when people with nominally high IQ�s end up thinking irrationally.

And the answer is the first option. But over 80 percent of people choose the third option. Here�s the solution: the puzzle doesn�t say whether Anne is married or not, but she either is or she isn�t. If Anne is married, she�s looking at George, so the answer is �yes�; if she�s unmarried, Jack is looking at her, so the answer is still �yes.� The underlying reason why smart people get the wrong answer is (according to the article) that they simply don�t take the time to go carefully through all of the possibilities, instead taking the easiest inference. The patience required to go through all the possibilities doesn�t correlate very well with intelligence.
    I believe the "higher thinkers" would usually get the answer right...
    11-05-09 09:24 AM
    Well thanks for making me feel stupid this morning.
    11-05-09 09:25 AM
    Well thanks for making me feel stupid this morning.
    Sorry Robot... We're going to have to take your Blackberry You're simply too stupid to use a smartphone

Hahaha, whateva! I do what I want!
    11-05-09 09:27 AM
    Sorry Robot... We're going to have to take your Blackberry You're simply too stupid to use a smartphone

Hahaha, whateva! I do what I want!
    Well at least I'm not starting all the "Which _______ should I get/use/consume?! OMGWTFBBQ!" threads.

If I ever get that stupid I hope someone kills me.
    11-05-09 09:31 AM
    Well at least I'm not starting all the "Which _______ should I get/use/consume?! OMGWTFBBQ!" threads.

If I ever get that stupid I hope someone kills me.
    *Starts loading revolver* I'll be waiting....
    11-05-09 09:32 AM
    I read this entire thread. Now I feel like I'm being punk'd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 10:49 AM
    I'll be the first to admit my reading comprehension is not the best but I stand by my answer. I read it many, many times before coming to a conclusion.

Plus when I tried to read the answer to this trick question, it was more confusing then the question itself.

So I'll just stick with wrong but pretend I'm right.
    11-05-09 10:59 AM
    wow, re-reading that after reading the answer is like a forrest for the trees type of thing.. i would have bet 1000 dollars that the answer was c..
    11-05-09 11:06 AM
    I'm not smarter than an iPhone user.

That's why I'm a BlackBerry user.

(For now...)

Lol. It works either way. Anne Unmarried = Yes. (Jack is looking at her)
    Anne Married = Yes. (Anne looking at George).

Fin.

done even i knew that one and i'm the town ******.
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD