Don't people realize that politics and religion should not be turned into threads.. those are touchy subjects
    If you find it touchy put your hands back in your pickets. Lol

Posted on my Z30
    moody and jevinzac like this.
    12-10-13 10:04 AM
    I believe in God. I'm 18. And no I don't blindly follow a religion because I was born in it, I found it on my own. I honestly had moments of doubts. But I did my own searching. Scientific evidence and through religion.

If you're undecided do your own searching until you're 100% convinced of what you believe in, whatever that may be. That's the only way to find a satisfactory answer.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-10-13 12:52 PM
    Don't people realize that politics and religion should not be turned into threads.. those are touchy subjects
    It sure is. But I think thats just due to atheists who believe all people who believe in God are stupid and religious people with the holier than thou attitude. I despise both of those extremes.

So fat it's been kept civil here. Hope it stays that way. I'm sure we can all have a reasonable discussion.

moody likes this.
    12-10-13 12:54 PM
    I was raised in a fairly strict Catholic household, going to church every Sunday, and attending weekly catechism if we weren't actually in Catholic school. My parents divorced when I was about 16, and as much as my mother wanted to continue following the faith, once she re-married she became excommunicated by the Church. Because apparently leaving a spouse to make a better, happier, and healthier life for yourself and your children is far worse than killing your spouse, so in the Church's eyes you become persona non grata (unless of course you have enough money to buy your way back in). But the truly infuriating part of that is that it is all dictated by people who have done monstrously terrible things in the name of this religion. That I find simply outrageous.

That was just the start -- I grew to see all the things that have made the Catholic Church an absolute abomination of what, according to history, a man named Jesus intended it to be, at least by His teachings that the Church itself imparts on its followers. And the older I get, the more I see how far back in history this departure happened, from 'love thy neighbor', 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', 'turn the other cheek', and most of all, the simple concept of forgiveness. I am no theologian by any stretch, but the few things I have learned about Jesus through the years suggest to me that turning people away from faith and killing other people in His name weren't exactly high on His priority list. So I'm left to believe that 99% of today's organized religions are man-made BS, probably just to further someone's own power-mad agenda in the name of religion.

I can't speak for other religions and their respective foundations, because Catholicism is the only one I grew up in and studied. But I would find it very hard to believe that any of them started out with the intent of condemning -- or downright eradicating -- those who choose to follow another path. There are some that have remained true(er) to their origins by promoting spiritualism, togetherness, kindness and generally being nice to each other; but many of them too are more consumed with raising money and other less-than-spiritual means just to keep themselves 'in business' than actually spreading the Word.

All I try to do now is be a good person, and treat others -- ALL others -- with respect and consideration; i.e., how I would like others to treat me. I shouldn't need to pay any one or any institution a calculated portion of my income to get that message. If your parents didn't drill those kinds of values into your head growing up, no amount of weekly donations or trips to the confessional will instill them.

But life in all of its forms and varieties is pretty damn complex, so I believe there quite possibly could be some kind of higher something or other out there keeping the order of things, whether it's robed and gray-bearded old guy, karma, fate, or cosmic justice league. But I also leave open the possibility that in the still unimaginable breadth and magnitude of all of time and space this is all just an insignificant accident in a blink of eternity's eye; and the ultimate irony would be that all that we've embraced and kill each other for was made up because we as a species would rather not believe that we really are alone.
    shaleem likes this.
    12-10-13 04:21 PM
    THE SUREST SIGN THAT INTELLIGENT LIFE EXISTS ELSEWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE
    IS THAT IT HAS NEVER TRIED TO CONTACT US

You can research and debate till you're blue in the face and it doesn't matter what you believe in or your faith.....
    because, it can't be proven!

That's just plain FACT!

You'll find your truth the same way everyone else has done it since the being of time. It's called Dying!

OK. The floor is now open to debate weather "Dying" is the right word or weather you do or don't die and anything else you deem worthy of including under the the heading of nonsense or waste of time!
    Only ONE rule:
    Stay on thread and only debate things that are impossible to prove.
    If you stray off threat, I'm telling Santa that you've been bad!
    12-11-13 02:06 AM
    Told ya lostboy was from another planet. Cruising through the time warp on his Harley, hair flapping in the wind.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    12-11-13 06:04 AM
    I dunno about that. I got a call once from a 555 number - which we ALL know doesn't exist. And I swear the voice on the other side was an alien.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-11-13 06:52 AM
    in fact I used to go to church daily! studied catechism for 10 Years! Evan fought with a guy in school, who said Jesus is not God :P

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-11-13 09:20 PM
    in fact I used to go to church daily! studied catechism for 10 Years! Evan fought with a guy in school, who said Jesus is not God :P

Well, he is right and wrong,its all about keeping it within context.

The Christians I think believe Jesus is God by some weird extension. Yet they also say to call the wrong individual God, is to be blasphemous. But if you look at the whole thing objectively, it's a fancy ball-in-a-cup routine. Arguing the definition is what they do to build artificial credibility to the nice work of fiction in general. If neither exist, then what does the terminology matter?

Anyway, i digress. Everyone opens their eyes to organized religion at some point. And then they open their eyes to science. And realize the truth is always somewhere in the middle - where there are beings farther than us in evolution but it isn't a giant bearded man sitting on a cloud punishing people for semantic inaccuracies. But that's all the opinion if myself.

On a serious note --- am I the only one who reads this thread as "belieber"?

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-11-13 09:47 PM
    Well, he is right and wrong,its all about keeping it within context.

The Christians I think believe Jesus is God by some weird extension. Yet they also say to call the wrong individual God, is to be blasphemous. But if you look at the whole thing objectively, it's a fancy ball-in-a-cup routine. Arguing the definition is what they do to build artificial credibility to the nice work of fiction in general. If neither exist, then what does the terminology matter?

Anyway, i digress. Everyone opens their eyes to organized religion at some point. And then they open their eyes to science. And realize the truth is always somewhere in the middle - where there are beings farther than us in evolution but it isn't a giant bearded man sitting on a cloud punishing people for semantic inaccuracies. But that's all the opinion if myself.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Yup I agree with u, but I wanna know why are we humans the only species who are able to do literally anything?! Like we can talk in different language, we build and invent stuffs etc etc... why did this happen? and why do we exist?

12-11-13 09:54 PM

On a serious note --- am I the only one who reads this thread as "belieber"?

Posted via CB from my LE
    LOL, well after I made this thread I knew people would misread it like that :P

12-11-13 09:55 PM
    I certainly don't hate religion or religious people. Most of my near and dear ones are religious.

However, it is not for me. I don't believe in a divine being.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-11-13 09:58 PM
    I certainly don't hate religion or religious people. Most of my near and dear ones are religious.

However, it is not for me. I don't believe in a divine being.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    In your same path!

12-11-13 09:59 PM
    R
    O
    F
    L
    12-11-13 10:07 PM
    Yup I agree with u, but I wanna know why are we humans the only species who are able to do literally anything?! Like we can talk in different language, we build and invent stuffs etc etc... why did this happen? and why do we exist?

Good question.

Monkeys and dolphins are both species very close. And many domesticated animals aren't far off. Languages are just different noise groupings. There are animals that have primitive languages between them. Including dialects, we aren't the only ones . Just think of the parrot.

If humanity wiped itself out today, over the remaining years one of the other species will rise up provided we leave enough for them to survive from.

There was actually two branches of humans developing. Us (tree based), and a much larger version (cave based) that had a smaller brain size. But they were wiped out presumably by nature or hunting.

We are the current 'top' species on earth. But that's not abnormal if you look at it as an incremental growth. We aren't vastly superior to dolphins, we are slightly ahead due to planning (survival trait, we are monkey based, no claws). And we have opposable thumbs (again, monkeys developed this to leverage tools like sticks).

The world is a hiearchy . Meaning there is only one king of the jungle. Because intelligence from evolution is incremental, animals that gain intelligence are usually just smart enough to use resources and destroy a planet. That's why it's less likely for us to find species on earth smarter than us (if there were, they would have mined all the minerals fuels 100,000's of years ago.

We aren't as special as we seem .

Posted via CB from my LE
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-11-13 10:22 PM
    You should start a BBM chat group on this - lots of folks smarter than I could weigh in as well .

My logical view of religions isn't any better than the opposite. And as long as the person leads a warm life that makes the world a better place - the rest never really matters.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-11-13 10:39 PM
    It sure is. But I think thats just due to atheists who believe all people who believe in God are stupid and religious people with the holier than thou attitude. I despise both of those extremes.

So fat it's been kept civil here. Hope it stays that way. I'm sure we can all have a reasonable discussion.

I think it cuts both way. You get the extreme on both side of the fence. The reality is there's no discussion about the subject of God between both side. It's personal, what ever way you find comfort, inspire, motivated, positively enhance your life. It's when it gets negative and spin by the so called leaders as the law of all humanity where issues rises.
    12-11-13 10:51 PM
42 12