Few stories...

1. Guy goes to work after hours to pick up his check. He parks in a handicapped spot and runs in. Wasn't in their for more than 5minutes. He comes out and a lady is writing his plates so she could report him to the police.

2. Two guys are talking about motorcycles. One guy mentions he has a nos tank (empty) on his bike. The police are called for an illegal mod. (he'd bought a show bike and as long as the tank is empty on the street it's just fine)

3. Guy buys a car to fix up. He parks it between his house and the neighbors. He goes to work everyday to get the 5K needed to get the new motor. Cops show up telling him he has 30 days to get it running, get tags, and insure it. Why? Neighbor called the police staying they never saw the car move. (the car wasn't in the yard. you couldn't even see it from the street.

4. Guy has a gravel drive. It's only a few feet because his house is just off the street. Cops come staying they were tipped off he doesn't have 4 inches of gravel on the drive.

5. Two guys are at school talking about software. One mentions Bit Torrent and they talk about it. Few days later they are kicked out of school and all certs taken away. There was no proof they were pirating.

6. Guy is driving down the street on a nice sunny day windows down, sun roof open, system going. Someone offers to call the police because the song as it finishes says "Hey hey hey HEY! Smoke weed everyday"

7. Someone reports guy because they have SNES, NES, and Gameboy emulators on their system. Person is a programer who was working on a game to practice game design.

8. Guy is outside smoking a Pall Mall. This so happened to be the kind with no filter. So dude twist up the end to keep the leaves out his mouth. Someone figures it's weed and calls the cops.

These are all things that happened to myself, people I know, or I've been told about. I mean...what in a person's head makes them try to control others like that? If it's not hurting you just leave it alone.

Maybe I'll post the story of how I almost went to jail over stuff like this...*sighs* raging here...
    10-11-09 12:08 AM
    Omfg! Number 6! Lol that's absurd. The world is full of idiots huh?
    10-11-09 02:19 AM
    My fianc� & his parents have had number 3 happen to them. He had a '72 Nova & his dad has a '69 Chevelle that they were restoring. Both cars were covered & out of sight, but one neighbor still called the township and complained about them being here. That same neighbor calls & reports every little thing to the township/police. She even called the police on another neighbor for mowing their lawn at 10am once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:54 AM
    Number 1 and 2 have both happened to me. I stopped by work to grab something from a co-worker and was probably in the shop for less than a minute. I come out and this lady is standing there calling the police, she then proceeds to make a big fuss and not let me leave. Police let me off with a warning

Number two happens to my car all the time. I have a civic with a K-series swap and it is BAR'd and refd so its legal but people will call the police anyway. Just last month outside of Kragen I was switching out a headlight bulb and someone saw the motor and called the police. Wtf seriously people, you know everytime that happens its a 30 minute ordeal for me while they look through my papers and check tags/VIN/license/etc.
    10-11-09 02:57 PM
    Truly the people that do this need to get some business. The people that did these things must have nothing going on in their lives. Maybe the old saying is true misery loves company.

10-11-09 09:10 PM
    Its human nature.

10-11-09 09:21 PM
    I got one better!
    A lady just joined our church, she has been shacked up with a man for 20 years, but now that she in church she decides to get married.
    We was out of town but a friend of my wife goes and tells her she can borrow my wides wedding dress cause they about the ame size! I flipped! This dress cost like 600 bucks and is my wife's keep sake from our wedding. I told the lady noone is borrowing that dress it is going to be out up for my daughter when she gets married!
    Some people have no sence and less brains!

10-11-09 09:48 PM
    that...doesn't really fit the topic...
    10-11-09 10:43 PM
    Number one I agree with. If you don't have the plates, don't park there. And don't tell me that after hours makes it ok. It's the principle. I never park in one for any reason. the closest non-handicap spot works just fine.

The rest of them, those people should have minded their own business

10-12-09 06:24 AM
    Yeah, I thought #1 was pretty douchey to do, and even worse to complain about...

#3 is a law to prevent people from keeping broken down cards around. Just because you don't agree with a law, don't B&M when you get busted for breaking it. I don't like it either, but it's a law in many places. My dad got busted for it once, and guess what, he moved his boat into his garage...
    10-12-09 06:35 AM
    Sorry thought it was close. I mean my wife's friend trying to lend out my wife's wedding dress.
    This woman is always up in peoples business and trying to tell people what to do and how to do it.
    She has even went as far as to tell my wife to make me clean the house myself! I know it is not calling the cops on people but if she thought you was doing something remotly illegal I am sure she would.
    Her husband calls the cops everytime kids ride a fourwheeler down the public gravel road behind their trailer! There is no law about fourwheelers on country roads. City limits sure but country there are no banning laws!

10-12-09 07:44 AM
    I have to agree with number 1 bein messed but the rest are nosy idiots with nothing better to do.
    The abandonned car thing is very popular and happened to my dad a few years ago, he had a 69 chevy step side sittin on the driveway for too long and a nosy neighbor called it in. Lucky for us it was running so we got it tagged and all that jazz.
    10-12-09 07:48 AM
    How about this: I spaced out in the kitchen once and one of the pots/pans burned the food so bad that my smoke alarms went off, the pot was red hot and it was smoking like crazy so i put it outside in the breezeway to cool off and to keep myself from getting smoke inhalation. The neighbor from downstairs (it's an apartment building) pulls in, looks up, sees a pot with smoke coming out and without even asking me if everything is alright calls the cops and fire department. Never mind that there are people all around and kids are playing and everyone is calm. God forbid if we ever survived on our own without her help!

Oh and how could I forget about her complaining to leasing office about my dog "attacking her" (we were walking by and my dog tried to sniff her). I got a letter from leasing threatening me with animal control taking my dog away. So I took my dog straight to the leasing office and introduced them to my vicious 5 month old puppy (at that time). How do some people even have time on their hands to come up with ways to annoy those around them?
    10-12-09 10:26 AM
    Sorry thought it was close. I mean my wife's friend trying to lend out my wife's wedding dress.
    This woman is always up in peoples business and trying to tell people what to do and how to do it.
    She has even went as far as to tell my wife to make me clean the house myself! I know it is not calling the cops on people but if she thought you was doing something remotly illegal I am sure she would.
    Her husband calls the cops everytime kids ride a fourwheeler down the public gravel road behind their trailer! There is no law about fourwheelers on country roads. City limits sure but country there are no banning laws!

AH! I get it now. I thought for wife was saying she HAD to wear her dress or some....you know I don't know...
    10-12-09 11:08 AM
    lol, i have a blue badge for my car and its legally registered disabled, but whenever i park my car in a disabled bay i get crap for it from older people, they take one look at me and think that i must not be disabled because i'm young.

I had one old guy phone the cops and when i came out they searched me and the car even though its my pic on the blue badge.

Its jut not a visible disability so it doesn't look like i should have it...

Ageism at its best lol...
    10-12-09 11:22 AM
    Few stories...

1. Guy goes to work after hours to pick up his check. He parks in a handicapped spot and runs in. Wasn't in their for more than 5minutes. He comes out and a lady is writing his plates so she could report him to the police.
    They deserved it. Convenience (or I'll only be a minute) are not reasons to park in a handicapped spot. The only reason you should ever park in a handicapped without special plates is if you're picking up a person who is disabled and they own a handicap decal.
    10-16-09 02:23 PM
    They deserved it. Convenience (or I'll only be a minute) are not reasons to park in a handicapped spot. The only reason you should ever park in a handicapped without special plates is if you're picking up a person who is disabled and they own a handicap decal.
    What if you have to drive yourself to the hospital because you just got whooped marine-style and gang-r@ped by Cold Cut Combos? I mean at that point one is sort of handicapped, yet doesnt have a parking sticker.
    10-16-09 02:35 PM
    What if you have to drive yourself to the hospital because you just got whooped marine-style and gang-r@ped by Cold Cut Combos? I mean at that point one is sort of handicapped, yet doesnt have a parking sticker.
    ouch that would slightly hurt, but yes then id say this would be an exception to the law lol
    10-16-09 02:38 PM
    ouch that would slightly hurt, but yes then id say this would be an exception to the law lol
    Would contacting the fire department for assistance in this scenario frowned upon? Remember Henry, Clay Henry? Thats why I ask
    10-16-09 02:40 PM
    If you got whooped by a Marine, it's probably because he wasn't minding his own business and should have just continued to eat his delicious foot long when you were asking XXX questions to some (less than virginal girl), who obviously was playing along.
    10-16-09 02:45 PM
    Few stories...

1. Guy goes to work after hours to pick up his check. He parks in a handicapped spot and runs in. Wasn't in their for more than 5minutes. He comes out and a lady is writing his plates so she could report him to the police. Parking in a handicap spot is not the right thing to do or is it legal.

2. Two guys are talking about motorcycles. One guy mentions he has a nos tank (empty) on his bike. The police are called for an illegal mod. (he'd bought a show bike and as long as the tank is empty on the street it's just fine) the DOT has laws in place for a reason. i'm, not going to go get a LeMan's GT1 class car and expect to drive it down the stree.

3. Guy buys a car to fix up. He parks it between his house and the neighbors. He goes to work everyday to get the 5K needed to get the new motor. Cops show up telling him he has 30 days to get it running, get tags, and insure it. Why? Neighbor called the police staying they never saw the car move. (the car wasn't in the yard. you couldn't even see it from the street.If it is not leagal to do that in your township/neighborhood then don't do it. and if you were good at working on cars 30days isn't a big deal to get a car and engine swap.

4. Guy has a gravel drive. It's only a few feet because his house is just off the street. Cops come staying they were tipped off he doesn't have 4 inches of gravel on the drive. that is a standard across the USA.

5. Two guys are at school talking about software. One mentions Bit Torrent and they talk about it. Few days later they are kicked out of school and all certs taken away. There was no proof they were pirating. but there was no proof they weren't pirating

6. Guy is driving down the street on a nice sunny day windows down, sun roof open, system going. Someone offers to call the police because the song as it finishes says "Hey hey hey HEY! Smoke weed everyday" Smoking weed is not legal in most of the 50 states, don't promote it, stay in the clear.

7. Someone reports guy because they have SNES, NES, and Gameboy emulators on their system. Person is a programer who was working on a game to practice game design.

8. Guy is outside smoking a Pall Mall. This so happened to be the kind with no filter. So dude twist up the end to keep the leaves out his mouth. Someone figures it's weed and calls the cops. looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks of a duck....well....

These are all things that happened to myself, people I know, or I've been told about. I mean...what in a person's head makes them try to control others like that? If it's not hurting you just leave it alone.

Maybe I'll post the story of how I almost went to jail over stuff like this...*sighs* raging here...

quit taking it as everyone is picking on you. to seem to be super over compulsive about EVERYONE is out to take down the black man. Simply not true. If the black kids have it so rough then why does 80% of all white teenagers listen to, thump, blare, what ever you want to call "rap and hip-hop" music. why does every white wear their pants down around their knees. why do some of the white chicks want to date black guys only... they are way to many examples.... dude you are taking everything way to personal and it needs not to be that way.

I got pulled over for "loud exhaust", "yellow headlight", European Plate, "excessive lowered car", "bald tires" (i have Falkin 'drift tires" on my car i use in the summer.... and it was a black cop who pulled me over. ... know what i did i took the ticket. went to my wife asked her to look up the laws on all of those "violations" (she is a paralegal) and went to court, represented my self , and won the case based on the fact that the black cop didnt know what he was talking about and was just trying to give a white male a 400+ dollar ticket.... . And yes my car is so euro that i have amber head lights....

I'm really getting sick of all these post.

I'd love to see what would happen if someone like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton stood up for the "white people" in todays country.... just won't happen and won't live to tell about it.

EVERYONE - EVERY RACE - EVERY CREED - EVERY SEX - FACES SOME SORT OF DISCRIMINATION PERIOD..... ITS PART OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN ! ! !
    Last edited by mjneid; 10-16-09 at 02:52 PM.
    10-16-09 02:49 PM
    If you got whooped by a Marine, it's probably because he wasn't minding his own business and should have just continued to eat his delicious foot long when you were asking XXX questions to some (less than virginal girl), who obviously was playing along.
    Whoa buddy....no need to start throwing racially discriminatory epithets around.

When one is less than virginal, you no longer have the right to stand up for yourself and must take the XXXisms thrown your way. And at Subway you will not only get a military boot up yer dungeon, youre gonna get a sammich served up in a way you wont be able to taste the freshness. and oh yeah YOU. Will. DERSERVE. IT
    10-16-09 02:57 PM
    quit taking it as everyone is picking on you. to seem to be super over compulsive about EVERYONE is out to take down the black man. Simply not true. If the black kids have it so rough then why does 80% of all white teenagers listen to, thump, blare, what ever you want to call "rap and hip-hop" music. why does every white wear their pants down around their knees. why do some of the white chicks want to date black guys only... they are way to many examples.... dude you are taking everything way to personal and it needs not to be that way.

I got pulled over for "loud exhaust", "yellow headlight", European Plate, "excessive lowered car", "bald tires" (i have Falkin 'drift tires" on my car i use in the summer.... and it was a black cop who pulled me over. ... know what i did i took the ticket. went to my wife asked her to look up the laws on all of those "violations" (she is a paralegal) and went to court, represented my self , and won the case based on the fact that the black cop didnt know what he was talking about and was just trying to give a white male a 400+ dollar ticket.... . And yes my car is so euro that i have amber head lights....

I'm really getting sick of all these post.

I'd love to see what would happen if someone like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton stood up for the "white people" in todays country.... just won't happen and won't live to tell about it.

EVERYONE - EVERY RACE - EVERY CREED - EVERY SEX - FACES SOME SORT OF DISCRIMINATION PERIOD..... ITS PART OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN ! ! !

What in gods name are you talking about? Where did race come from at all? Are you just in angry rant mode or something?

Nice to know you're the kinda person who'd randomly snitch on someone when it's none of your business. Who know you might send me to the feds because you think I have one too many Hard Drives in my PC.

anyway cool story bro.

On topic: I think I'm gonna post my almost went to jail story in a bit but I'm watching flash forward for now.
    10-16-09 08:01 PM
    What in gods name are you talking about? Where did race come from at all? Are you just in angry rant mode or something?

Nice to know you're the kinda person who'd randomly snitch on someone when it's none of your business. Who know you might send me to the feds because you think I have one too many Hard Drives in my PC.

anyway cool story bro.

On topic: I think I'm gonna post my almost went to jail story in a bit but I'm watching flash forward for now.
    Dude, I live by the policy of "live and let live". I don't snitch on anyone, and as far as the "race ard goes" everyone of you - this happenedtome or someone I know - post pops up its a racial related thread.

10-16-09 09:01 PM
    here is one for you "guy parks his car in the street everyday same place cops come to house saying that neighbor complains about car in front of house in the street cops says the street is free to any one who parks there neighbor complains its taking away from the view... the only view is someone else's house across the street.." i agree ppl need to find better things to do with thier lives
    10-16-09 09:18 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD