A person with additictive personality will become addicted to anything! Period!
    This is very true, I used to be a wow player myself. It was very time consuming and the game would never end, the way blizzard made the patches and kept bringing in bosses once people started clearing them. I just put a stop to it and started doing other stuff to occupy my time. To the OP, let your brother read this site
    WoW Detox - The Detox center for your World of Warcraft Addiction!
    11-08-08 02:20 PM
    From what I have seen of the talk about the WoW mobile feature, is it will be a CHAT app for cells phones, allowing people to log into their accounts and chat to their friends, just like they would do on Yahoo or AIM, just using the WoW servers to find, ping and chat with people they know in the game, while out and about.

As far as I know no sort of game play would be even possible, unless you had an Alienware cell phone the size of a laptop (hummm... fliptop or slider).
    So your "brother", is now the lead protester for not wanting people to CHAT with WoW pals using their cell phones, and he came out of his room long enough to tell you all this? Guess he feels if there is no actual game play via the cell phone it's a waste of his free time?

I'm smelling troll doo doo, or is that topic bait that has gone bad?
    my brother pulled up some stuff and there is short travel and maybe some inventory features he thinks if they develop the game play feature they claim to be workin on it is gonna lag the server and kill the game.
    11-08-08 03:13 PM
    Okay.

If My Macbook Pro has some issues Running WoW ( Atleast in Full Running Speed, Full Screen Size, Max Detail etc)

I DOUBT a cell phone could handle it.

Just not possible.

The Lag would be horrid.

Even playing it via WiFi isn't recommended.

You think Edge would cut it?

Or even 3G, with its spotty coverage?

No.

Maybe in 5 Years, but right now there isnt a Cellphone with enough sheer power to play WoW Mobile.

If that were the case- you would have seen WoW (Or any other MMORPG's) Hitting the PSP or DS FIRST.

Atleast They're DESIGNED for Gaming.

Phones aren't- As much as We would like them to be.
    11-08-08 10:47 PM
    accually the owners of a server can and do list priority for computers they usuallly choose to give the most ram and hard drive the top priority then it trickles but just to make money they can give the phone servers top priority to allow them to work and my brother says WoW takes up 8GB we have 32GB micro sd cards that could hold WoW mobile and a ton of mp3, ringtones and so on as for your MacBook take lesson bro AMD kicks a$$ in all fields everyone who KNOWS COMPUTERS is switckin AMD security is so tight my brothers college internet security couldn't tap in to view what he saw online but all the other mac and pentiums got busted so get a new computer 4GB ram and 350GB hard drive with an AMD 64 processor and compair your baby mac on any game wifi or not my brother can play until the server lags and I watched the otherday it was like watchin a movie full screen the graphics are excellent but I see you don't know what developers can do with todays technology WoW is gonin mobile and they plan with help from AMD ond other companies to get the SmartPhones full play capability the norms will have to upgrade.
    11-09-08 12:24 PM
    Listen-

If I have issues running Crackberry.com On my Bold, And When it DOES Load up, it takes practically 5 hrs to get the main screen.

You think Players can have a good enough connection to play WoW Seamlessly?

Try Again.

Maybe After VZW releases 4G- but no where near today.
    11-09-08 12:36 PM
    Dude I got a Pearl and I can't get 3G in my area and I load www.crackberry.com in under 30 seconds I just learned about wap.crackberry today maybe I need to rethink my wanting a Bold if my Pearl can load faster than it can
    11-09-08 06:37 PM
    I had this awesome long post response, then my browser crashed and I lost it. As a result, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that so far most people have been correct in that blaming Blizzard, World of Warcraft, or anything related to it is simply passing the buck. The fact is, a little self control and discipline exercised by your brother will get him back on track. Telling people what they can and can't do is going in the opposite direction of progress.

Btw, I forgot who it was who mentioned it but the app that's currently in the works is nothing more than a chat client and I think inventory/Auction manager. Playing WoW on a phone would be really nothing more than a test of ones patience and ability to maintain civility in a public place :P
    11-11-08 01:48 AM
    Well I just think putting an already known addictive game on a mobile form is dangerous think this way a guy is cleaning his inventory or if Blizzard get it perfected like they thinking of workin toward someone actually playin and driving a lot of people text and drive I even guilty of that but a game demands more attention and say this guy plows head on into your loved ones car killing everyone in the crash now do you wish you would of boycotted Blizzard they know the addictiveness of the game there are WoW addict and detox sites everywhere so a mobile version could be dangerous I am just thinkin ahead to what could happen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 03:10 AM
    Well I just think putting an already known addictive game on a mobile form is dangerous think this way a guy is cleaning his inventory or if Blizzard get it perfected like they thinking of workin toward someone actually playin and driving a lot of people text and drive I even guilty of that but a game demands more attention and say this guy plows head on into your loved ones car killing everyone in the crash now do you wish you would of boycotted Blizzard they know the addictiveness of the game there are WoW addict and detox sites everywhere so a mobile version could be dangerous I am just thinkin ahead to what could happen
    Errrr... that happens now, so what do we do about it now? Sue the guy that was texting, or the phone company he was texting through? The call phone maker? Or the guys that invented texting in the first place? The car company for not putting cell phone signal jammers in the cars?

The parents of the person who drove that car while texting because they gave birth to him? Oh wait, he wasn't texting, but eating, no ... no strike that he was changing a CD in the CD player and it jammed so he was trying to get it out, so we now sue the CD player maker?

What was that? Oh no He's a She and she was putting on makeup, brushing her hair and putting on a clean shirt! No wait a second, she was turned around and yelling at her kid to stop texting info about playing Wow on that stupid cell phone to your brother!!!

Stone HER ... Stone the Harpy for yelling at her kid, giving him a cell phone and allowing him to text in the first place. Stones a buck for 12 at the WoW cell shop, txt #23232 on your cell phone now, normal txting rates may apply.
    11-11-08 03:46 AM
    Errrr... that happens now, so what do we do about it now? Sue the guy that was texting, or the phone company he was texting through? The call phone maker? Or the guys that invented texting in the first place? The car company for not putting cell phone signal jammers in the cars?

The parents of the person who drove that car while texting because they gave birth to him? Oh wait, he wasn't texting, but eating, no ... no strike that he was changing a CD in the CD player and it jammed so he was trying to get it out, so we now sue the CD player maker?

What was that? Oh no He's a She and she was putting on makeup, brushing her hair and putting on a clean shirt! No wait a second, she was turned around and yelling at her kid to stop texting info about playing Wow on that stupid cell phone to your brother!!!

Stone HER ... Stone the Harpy for yelling at her kid, giving him a cell phone and allowing him to text in the first place. Stones a buck for 12 at the WoW cell shop, txt #23232 on your cell phone now, normal txting rates may apply.
    LOL but you wouldn't believe the cases brought up in court people sueing the cell companies, car makers, fasst food restraunt just because they provided the means in which the other driver killed their kid or their kid died from doing it and hit something that really happens a woman got money out of McDonalds for spilling the coffee she got in the drive threw now when you get coffee you know its hot duh and I couldn't believe those fat a$$ lazy boys got money for supersized value meals I used to love gettin supersize coke it would last a long time but when you full quit stuffin your fat face I think we should take out all the lawyers hang em and go back to old west or even better 13th century and earlier justice if someone wrongs you duel it out you would think twice about robbing a house or raping a young girl if you knew her dad and brothers carried a 4 foot sword everywhere they went or everyone strapped a 44mag or 45colt and didn't need a permit to do so.
    11-11-08 10:07 AM
    u can harp and harp about this and that. it comes down to mkaing responsible decissions and as a adult you have to do that. ive played this game and ive played it for a couple years and currently do not play it as for it does get very addiciting and i know quite a few of people that literally play sunrise to sunset.
    my girlfriend cousing plays almost 24/7 and actually found a girl on WOW and they got married..
    this game is all around addiciting and ruins ppls lifes but its a billion dollar corperation so they will do whats needed to get more sales

id also be curious to where u heard bout this at
    11-11-08 02:24 PM
    I play WoW and i can get up and leave whenever i want...you brother choose to play the way he does, it has nothing to do with Blizzard or the game, its your brothers addiction that got him.

don't blame others for his mistakes.
    11-11-08 02:30 PM

That's just hilarious -
    11-11-08 05:17 PM
    its all about madden 09 tahts an addictive game
    11-11-08 06:46 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD