Ever go back to a regular phone after owning a blackberry, if so how?

I had a friend who bought his first blackberry (7100t) and wasnt satified so he bought a sidekick of all phones! Now me personally, I feel sidekicks are very juvenille and would never ever get one...

just curious if there are people out there who dont feel the instant connection with their blackberry..
    05-16-07 11:35 AM
    In a single word: Why?

I would hope to never go back to a regular mobile. I don't even use my house phone!

ps: I've noticed that SideKick users are 'different'. We have a few here, and they find it hard to adapt to a Blackberry. Strange people - LOL
    05-16-07 11:55 AM
    Do they even make "regular" phones anymore? All I see is BlackBerry.
    05-16-07 12:59 PM
    Kasper! That is bloody hilarious...
    05-16-07 01:06 PM
    I sleep, eat and sh*t BlackBerry...

I have had many many phones, and then came to BlackBerry. I even left temporarily but then came back
    05-16-07 03:30 PM
    Yes, Kasper - very funny! I used to like/insist on carrying the slimest and smallest phone that existed! Now....I can't imagine leaving the BB. I'm waiting for the Curve but use the 8700 - which isn't all that small compared to what's out there...but I love it
    05-16-07 08:29 PM
    I've also had many phones...i still have a bunch of other 'regular' phones lying around, and i still use one for my second line, but i love my BB...i don't think i could ever kick the crack habit...i've had PDA phones before, but there ain't nothin' like the crack!! lol...
    05-18-07 09:53 PM
    Man that would be hard before I got the 8300 I try to go and used my pda phone ha ha now I remember why I switch to bb. Come to think of it I don't even go on the laptop as much either man I think I'm hook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-07 06:26 AM
    Never, like Michael Corleone said: "Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in."
    06-11-07 04:18 PM
    After owning a BlackBerry, other phones are dead to me.
    06-11-07 05:02 PM
    i think its comparable to the idea of not having a cell phone at all... 10 years ago it was normal.. but now leaving the house without one seems next to insane

i dont even log on to the computer as much since i have email, inet access and music on my crackberry..
    might even turn in my girlfriend at this point.. lol.
    06-11-07 05:11 PM
    LOL...I laugh at this Question! hahaha. After having my BB just for 4 days! I am hooked! I don't even know what a cell phone anymore is! ALL I know is BB words! I don't even think of the BB a cell phone anymore either! its my office, my life line, my way of a fresh start! heehee AWESOME!
    06-11-07 11:56 PM
    I've grown so attached to my blackberry as well that nothing compares to it. It's blackberry or nothing at all. No other device will do.

When I get ready to go to work, my blackberry goes first in my pocketbook before anything else.

I realized I was a little addicted when it was next to my pillow when I sleep. Oh well..........it's harmless. Right? lol
    Last edited by Giavanna; 06-29-07 at 07:50 PM.
    06-29-07 07:37 PM
    Same for me - pillow or nightstand - maybe not the best "sign" but here we are in the Wonderful World of Crackberry. They definitely become a part of you Enjoy the ride

I've grown so attached to my blackberry as well that nothing compares to it. It's blackberry or nothing at all. No other device will do.

When I get ready to go to work, my blackberry goes first in my pocketbook before anything else.

I realized I was a little addicted when it was next to my pillow when I sleep. Oh well..........it's harmless. Right? lol
    06-30-07 12:31 AM
    I must say I would never go back reg cell phone, dont get me started on those sidekicks hahahaha even my 14 year old Daughter has a 8800 crackberry.only way I would leave the crackberry alone is if Rim offers a athlete or Entertainer version blackberry.
    07-05-07 01:03 PM
    i love my blackberry. I don't think I can go back. i am really looking forward to the curve for t-mobile b/c i hear that comes with the wifi. A blackberry with expandable memory, wifi, media player and possible 3 mp camera is perfect. Well one more thing needed a 3G high speed data service. EDGE does suck sometimes.
    07-05-07 01:43 PM
    Why would you?
    07-07-07 03:18 AM
    Well my phone history is weird. I never used a BB before. i had all the motorolla phones and nokia phones, then went to a SK2 and it wasnt bad but still something wasnt right. I knew after using a SK2 I couldnt go back to a non-qwerty phone. I got rid of the SK2 and got a MDA (windows mobile) and it ran too slow for me so I went back to the SK2 and then eventually upgraded to the SK3. Very very kiddish and still didnt do what i wanted it to do for me. So then the Tmobile Wing came out and I thought I would give it a try. Still slow and sluggish and it really just sucked. So I went out and bought me a 8700 and I have had it for 2 days and love it. I will never go back to anything else for sure. Waiting for the Curve to hit tmobile and then I will be forever crackberried
    07-11-07 03:11 PM
    Instant connection/addiction its all the same to me. I would NEVER go back to a regular cell phone. Bb are the original devices in this category. In all honesty I can barely operate those small flip fones. Lol since I've had my bb I can't even type on the computer anymore. Ha ha. I don't even think they can create a device better than the bb, even if they do; I'm a bb user 4life!

08-12-07 12:12 AM
    No way it would be very hard to even consider it.

08-12-07 09:44 AM
    I'm so bad. When I had to run out to lunch with a client, I left my BB accidentally in my briefcase and I realized it when I had to make a phone call. The client lent me their regular cell phone and I looked it as if it was a relic from the 1900's. It looked like an antique. The client asked me what was wrong, and then I explained about our forum and BB's and three things happened. I got the client for our firm, he is buying a BB and he will be joining the forum. All in all I felt like my good deed was done for the day. lol

Oh yeah.......I would never go back to a regular cell phone.......ever.

Gia
    08-12-07 10:36 AM
    I'm so bad. When I had to run out to lunch with a client, I left my BB accidentally in my briefcase and I realized it when I had to make a phone call. The client lent me their regular cell phone and I looked it as if it was a relic from the 1900's. It looked like an antique. The client asked me what was wrong, and then I explained about our forum and BB's and three things happened. I got the client for our firm, he is buying a BB and he will be joining the forum. All in all I felt like my good deed was done for the day. lol

Oh yeah.......I would never go back to a regular cell phone.......ever.

Gia
    Glad to see you are converting people to the BlackBerry and to the website. Good for you!
    08-12-07 01:18 PM
    I will ALWAYS have a Blackberry. Currently I have 2 phones, my bb, and a nextel. The only reason I use the nextel, is cuz a lot of my clients like the direct connect......
    08-12-07 02:00 PM
    I've had my 8800 for just a little over a month, and must say that a BB is something you don't know what you'd ever do with one.... until you get one... then, you don't know how you ever lived without one!!!! I knew I was addicted last night when I was checking baseball scores on Hobson, while I was watching another game!!!

Today is the last day of my 2 yr contract with Verizon - I go to AT&T/Cingular tomorrow to trade in my Treo 650 on a new phone...... and I'm half tempted to get a pearl (no data plan - already have one with Hobson), instead of a plain old cell phone. Whatever I get, it has to have a camera - that's the ONLY thing that Hobson doesn't have!
    08-12-07 04:10 PM
    um...No! I would never go back. We just set up my son on a cell of his own. He got my old Kyocera Strobe (flips open to reveal keypad) and it is impossible for me to use. I feel like a Windows user trying to use DOS!

DubyaEl -
    just upgrade to the Curve - from one of the threads on this site, the Curve takes amazing photos. And since I can't have a Curve I want all my friends to have one!!

urrgghhh...I can't type on regular keyboard anymore!
    Last edited by MiniBB; 08-12-07 at 11:05 PM. Reason: a margarita at dinner makes me type weird
    08-12-07 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD