Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Worst night of my life...

Im so upset and exhausted and mentally tired. BTW, im 19 yr old male and in Georgia.
    Last night me and my freinds went out to the bars. I drove as I have the biggest car.
    I was ready to leave around apprx 1:30 am. As we were leaving I noticed a fight near my car. A officer responded to "break it up". I waited 30 sec for things to calm down and precceded to back out of the spot. I beeped my horn a few times to let the drunk people know I was in a car and moving.
    I noticed a few people laughing and hitting the side of my car. I didnt think anything of it and drove out. About .5 miles out I noticed a GSU officer behind me. He followed me a mile and lit me up.

LONG STORY SHORT:
    I was asked for all of my papers and was told he sit in the car. He asked how much I had drank and I said "one", stupid to lie
    A Statesboro officer then pulled up and approached. Asked why I "ran him over" in the parking lot. I replied "um...what" I know I didnt hit an officer backing up, I have mirrors, a big rear window, and a backup cam. He was a newbie ******* and was so dang rude. It was frustrating.
    I passed ALL of my field sobriety tests with flying colors. They then asked me to blow and I did.
    I was then placed under arrest.
    I blew a .093 BAC at the station. I wasnt "drunk" but of course I was in the wrong. I ****ed up and made a mistake.
    I was charged with:
    * Open Container - $305 (not mine, but my vehical so im responsible)
    * Underage poss by consumption - $585
    * Reckless Driving - $725
    * DUI - $1,175

I spent the night in jail and was bailed out this morning. I had to pay $110 to get my car out. This is the biggest mistake of my life. Im freaking out and I have runied my life (at least that is what my father says). Im scared and depressed and sad.
    This by far is the worst thing I have ever done. I know im wrong and im very sorry. My mom hired an attorney and she is flying down on my court date. Anyone been through this before. Please pray and offer advice if you have any.
    Thank you....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

Best advise is, your young and have your whole life ahead of you. Suck it up, make it through this, and chalk it up to a valuable life's lesson. Things like this make us stronger wiser people. You will always think of this before you do anything risky ever again. It can be a good thing. Best of luck and don't be down on yourself, no one got hurt. Learn from it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    CrackBerry Newbie

wow. Well, the best person to give u the appropriate advice would be ur attorney. I hope you'll win the case .

PS: I'm sure ur attorney would know this but if not.....get them to check out if there were any cameras in the area where the incident took place that way the truth can be uncovered.

Good luck .
    *~* Peace *~*
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    PIN
    the donkey

I think, what you need to do now is to find the silver lining and to think positive. Don't continue to beat yourself up. You need to be your own bestfriend at the moment. Things happen for a reason. What's important is that you take the positives from this experience. Anyway I hope things will get better for you soon. All the best.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Ruined your life is a bit over the top.

What you are charged with is not really all that world turning and at 19 years old you have a lot of life ahead of you (hopefully ) and a lot of opportunities will present themselves.

The important thing is you learn from this. Designated driver is your friend. Exercise total control over what is allowed in your car and the behavior of those you are driving. Never lie to law enforcement. Believe it or not most police officers respect honesty.

Good luck to you. I am sure this will be a small blip as far as your future is concerned.

Global Posts
    10,539 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I can't give you legal advice, but at the firm I'm interning at in wa we usually get first offenders a deferred prosecution (where the prosecuting attorneys office holds off on prosecuting you, and drops the charge if you don't get into any trouble for 2 or so years) or at least a deferred sentencing (where you plead guilty but if you don't get into any trouble for 2 years it's dropped off your record). That doesn't mean you'll get that, or that an option like that is even available in your state, but it's not hopeless yet.
    Just make sure you don't ever drink and drive again, penalties are much harsher the second time!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,219 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for it. too make weird people added me when I posted it!

Wow. I am really sorry to hear that.
    A dui can be a felony offense. But, if you have a clean record, and you blew so low, I think you will be fine. You MIGHT get 6 months on probation and it will be a misdemeanor. You won't get jail time, and your life is certainly not over and you did not ruin your life.
    They didn't arrest you saying you ran over a cop, if they did, you would have been held on no bond status, and not been able to leave jail.
    A good attorney will be able to get this expunged I believe.

Now my opinion of the silver lining in this all...
    You learned your lesson, and I know you will never drive "drunk" again. I know you were not drunk, but you know what I mean. This is simply one hurdle in life, and you will jump over it, and it will be in the past and you will not need to look back at it. If anything, it will make you a stronger person.

Also, your friends and witnesses should also talk to your attorney. You will have more witnesses than the cop. You warned everyone that you were pulling out, and you were looking. I don't believe your judgment was impaired.
    One piece of advice, when you go to court, do NOT lie. No matter what. The judge will see through it.

Good luck, and please let us know the outcome.
    Be the change you want to see.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Default Re: Worst night of my life...

Everything worked out extremely well. 40 hrs of C service and 2 DUI classes. Probation for a yr. Everything was dismissed and I was charged with "failure to exercise due care". No points and kept my DL

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

And more importantly you learned a valuable life lesson. Think before you act.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Lightbulb

Hey there,
    Just saw your post since it had been bumped back up with new replies. I hope everything continues to be well for you. I am 23 and me and my mom have been close all of my life. She was the type of person who would never do anything wrong or break the law, I mean seriously NOTHING. The last 6 years she has been a totally different person because of the fact that she is married to a verbally and mentally abusive husband and can't seem to find the courage to leave. She has left numerous times, even was gone for 6 months once and started to make a new life for herself i.e. apartment, new car, etc...and STILL ended up going back to him in the summer....anyways, the reason I am telling you this is because her depression got to her one day and she got behind the wheel of a car while she was 3 times our legal limit, .08%. The cop happened to be sitting in the alley while she got in the car to move it to a parking lot next door...this was back in July. I got the worst call of my life so far on that day from the chief of police asking if my mom, who had been arrested, could be released to me. Since its now January, she has had her hearing, and she has been sentenced to 40 hours community service, and has already served a suspended license time of 60 days. They published her name in the paper a few weeks before her hearing and now everywhere she goes people ask her about it. It's pure ****. She's on probation for a year.
    Anyways, just figured I'd post my mom's story for you just to remind you that while its something that could have been avoided, it happens to the best of us during the worst times...it will take some time to get over, just make sure that you don't do it again and you will be completely alright.

Prayers,
    Heather
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow, way too many apologists here.

You drove drunk - that was stupid. You got off lucky. Take the lesson, never do it again.

Not sorry to hear about the situation as you put yourself in it.
    Banned

Lool, **** that s.32 charter only applies to gov. agents.

Lol, **** this law **** if you didn't hurt anyone it doesn't matter place a common law commerical lien on those **** officers for kidnapping you at gunpoint.

VJKVJF||
    CrackBerry Addict

I am glad I don't drink. This will be a good learning experience for you kid.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by playbook_swiper1 View Post

You drove drunk - that was stupid. You got off lucky. Take the lesson, never do it again.

Best post so far I sooooooo agree.

playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I do agree with not beating yourself up to much.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts

yikes.....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts

Relax, **** happens, just do what you have to do and you'll be alright. It's not like you killed someone or lost your life savings.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,673 Global Posts

Question...does your bus have bed bugs?

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Question...does your bus have bed bugs?

Posted via CB10
    Hey Shane. Do you think that these people posting have failed to notice that the OP was back in Aug 2012?

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    I thought I was abducted by aliens but it turned out to be the Peevishlicious Crew

Global Posts
    18,673 Global Posts

Lol...yes I do ...lol

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts

So when does instagram come to bb10...

Lol, kidding, hope you win the case. But stop driving under influence.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    Proudly tweeted the first #IChooseBlackBerry10 tweet.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by 3hb78ftg View Post
    Hey Shane. Do you think that these people posting have failed to notice that the OP was back in Aug 2012?

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    Dang, I did. why the hell would someone revive this?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbook_swiper1 View Post

A bit harsh maybe...

OP is depressed and full of remorse.

~STV

You guys have it harsh in the states I don't think the charges in Canada would be as severe for such a low ba

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bourque View Post
    You guys have it harsh in the states I don't think the charges in Canada would be as severe for such a low ba

Posted via CB10
    Strict ba, slow carrier updates for BlackBerry, USA sucks.

~STV
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast