The new windows 10 mobile os will allow you to hook up a mouse and keyboard & monitor and have a full desktop experience.

This was something I was hoping Blackberry would have done do with a more robust docs to go, better peripherial support and a better landscape mode. I had a lot of hope for "mobile computing" when it was mentioned a few years back.

I'll be curious to see if it works as good as the demo's
    06-01-15 09:01 PM
    I can use bluetooth mouse and keyboard with my Passport, been doing this since the fall

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 09:14 PM
    The new windows 10 mobile os will allow you to hook up a mouse and keyboard & monitor and have a full desktop experience.

This was something I was hoping Blackberry would have done do with a more robust docs to go, better peripherial support and a better landscape mode. I had a lot of hope for "mobile computing" when it was mentioned a few years back.

I'll be curious to see if it works as good as the demo's
    What was your issue with BB10, landscape mode? Bluetooth keyboard and mouse support has been there since at least 10.1, and HDMI output forever on Z10 and miracast on Z30.

My definition of a "full" desktop experience is not on a phone's hardware. This is all marketing BS.
    06-01-15 11:49 PM
    I'd, like to see landscape mode on the main screen, and when editing in docs to go as both these only support portrait mode on my Z30 . Also if all apps supported mouse functions as quite a few don't.

I was impressed with the Microsoft demo showing excel and word etc ramping up to full desktop screen. I realize reality maybe different but this is the kind of stuff that pushes everything forward.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:15 AM