I wonder why people make fun of people who work at places such as Att, dont get me wrong I dont like people making fun of anyone besides if you have a job and its a decent job why should you feel embarrased, right?. Yesterday I was at the ATT store I wanted to buy some case for the Bold the guy who helped me was extremely helpful and he even gave me a car charger for free(it was his) I walked out then I thought well I guess a new bluetooth headset would be cool, while I was looking at them there was this girl talking to the rep, first it was just talking then she started to call her names many that I can't say here as well as loser, dumb and such I picked the bluetooth device that I liked I walked towards the register, that girl started to yell at the girl again the girl went to talk to her supervisor I guess while she was on the back I approached the girl(not being nosy but that is part of my degree) she told me that she was going to be charged for a new phone because her phone went MIA(she had insurance)and since she did not wanted/or liked her old device she felt like since she has been a "very loyal" costumer for close to three months she could just get a new device for $50.00, by this time the manager was standing in front of her and heard the conversation he told her that sadly there wasnt anything that he could do, but he would be more than happy to help her fill an insurance claim, she looked at me then looked at him then again she went off on him..I paid for the bluetooth and the guy at the register said: "as soon as I get my degree...no more of this" I laughed, I was heading towards the door and I could hear the girl and her nonsense....I do feel bad for whoever has to be around her.
    08-21-09 11:47 AM
    People act the same way where I work, It's horrible. Although, I work for Starbucks, not a phone company. Haha.
    08-21-09 12:02 PM
    People act the same way where I work, It's horrible. Although, I work for Starbucks, not a phone company. Haha.
    Oh yeah! I bet that at Starbucks its even worst right?
    08-21-09 12:07 PM
    Yea because SNOTS by their coffee from there.

lol

JK
    08-21-09 12:12 PM
    Haha, that lady is full of complete nonsense! I mean come on, a "loyal customer for three months?" I as a "loyal customer" for four years with TMO wouldn't expect a handout like that! Who does she think she is? What a moron!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:19 PM
    One of the many reasons I am very happy that I got out of retail. Dealing with those people all the time made me much nicer to retail employees though. Plus if you're nice they're more likely to help you out.
    08-21-09 12:35 PM
    It's like that everywhere. I worked in a retail pharmacy for a short time and people are just freakin rude. Especially if they don't have to pay for there meds (The medicare and medicaid customers). I've been in hospital pharm for 15 years now and I would NEVER go back to retail!
    08-30-09 04:35 AM
    There are just some people who enjoy being rude to others for no reason other than the fact that they can be because the people are at work and cannot say what they really want to say. I've been working in retail for almost 5 years and have seen some pretty bad things. I'm just glad I'm not like them.

08-30-09 08:05 AM
    Ha, when someone nonsensical comes in yelling and braying like that... I do let loose a little and give them a bit of my mind... although in a very professional decorum.
    08-30-09 01:07 PM
    A loyal customer for three months. What a ****h! I would have had to say something. Me and my mouth cannot stay quiet. I hate it when people are disrespected like that.

08-30-09 02:44 PM
    The manager did act responsibly to intercede on his employee's behalf. No one should have to put up with an abusive customer. I remember years ago when I was a bag boy at a grocery and some yo-yo was berating a woman checker for bruising his avocado. Her husband was in the store, lol, when the guy went to his carthe husband followed him out, took an avocado out of the guy's bag and fed it to him in the parking lot. Always be careful when giving someone a hard time.

08-30-09 05:13 PM
    perfect website for everyone in this thread:

Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes
    08-30-09 10:50 PM
    A loyal customer for three months. What a ****h! I would have had to say something. Me and my mouth cannot stay quiet. I hate it when people are disrespected like that.

The only reason why I did not said anything bad and decided to use a bit of "I am your friend card" to calm her down(did not worked) was the guy standing close to her he was like 6'...... and had cauliflower ears not afraid, but I am smart...when I left that dude also left so I guess her wasnt there with that girl.
    08-30-09 11:35 PM
    i woulda told her 3 months paying her $95/month bill doesn't mean sh*t...i woulda broke down the costs, the business expendatures, everything...

lol, i woulda offered her a 2 year contract, and only 24% discount off of full retail, and for a refurb, and she woulda took it cus i'm pro like that
    08-30-09 11:43 PM
    The sad fact is there are a lot of people out there who treat retail employees like dirt. When I get those people and they wont calm down, I will gladly ask them to leave before I have them removed by the police.

I've put more than a few irate people in their place, and contrary to popular belief, there IS a way to do it "professionallly" and It has never negatively affected my business. Usually other customers in the store will applaud me once the bad apple is gone.

and for all the jackholes out there, I sincerely wish they get 10 times what they gave out to the poor guy/girl that was behind the counter the day they came in being an ***.
    08-30-09 11:54 PM
    i woulda told her 3 months paying her $95/month bill doesn't mean sh*t...i woulda broke down the costs, the business expendatures, everything...

lol, i woulda offered her a 2 year contract, and only 24% discount off of full retail, and for a refurb, and she woulda took it cus i'm pro like that
    And the best part that I forgot to add, she wanted the Bold for $50.00 and of course it had to be brand new.
    08-31-09 12:02 AM
    when i took escalation calls for VZW i would come up with the most one sided suggestions for people who were d*cks to me about their situation...i don't want a sob story, or a "i pay xxx/been a customer since xxxx/etc" line, just tell me your problem, and try to explain what you'd like to happen, and i'll give you the options available...don't tell me what i'm gonna do for you today, that's the best way possible to get the exact opposite of what you want...

and selling refurbs for a contract always shuts 'em up, lol!
    08-31-09 12:04 AM
    The sad fact is there are a lot of people out there who treat retail employees like dirt. When I get those people and they wont calm down, I will gladly ask them to leave before I have them removed by the police.

I've put more than a few irate people in their place, and contrary to popular belief, there IS a way to do it "professionallly" and It has never negatively affected my business. Usually other customers in the store will applaud me once the bad apple is gone.

and for all the jackholes out there, I sincerely wish they get 10 times what they gave out to the poor guy/girl that was behind the counter the day they came in being an ***.
    I swear I will never understand the reason why people treat retail employees like dirt, I mean they are there to offer you a service/help/u name it, not to do as you wish, obey your commands and embrace you as their king and savior.
    08-31-09 12:08 AM
    when i took escalation calls for VZW i would come up with the most one sided suggestions for people who were d*cks to me about their situation...i don't want a sob story, or a "i pay xxx/been a customer since xxxx/etc" line, just tell me your problem, and try to explain what you'd like to happen, and i'll give you the options available...don't tell me what i'm gonna do for you today, that's the best way possible to get the exact opposite of what you want...

and selling refurbs for a contract always shuts 'em up, lol!
    Dont you hate when people give you orders "I want.... or else I will go with Att/Verizon/T-mobile", or "I dont use this phone give me a better one" I used to hear that a lot back when the first Iphone came out and my sister had T mobile we used to pay in the store and we will always hear people say that.
    08-31-09 12:15 AM
    Dont you hate when people give you orders "I want.... or else I will go with Att/Verizon/T-mobile", or "I dont use this phone give me a better one" I used to hear that a lot back when the first Iphone came out and my sister had T mobile we used to pay in the store and we will always hear people say that.
    "would you like me to disconnect on demand or do you want to port your number to the new carrier?"
    08-31-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD