All I see on crackberry now those days are people opening topics with questions that are already 100.000 times asked before.

Or people that ask questions that can only be answered by testing it yourself aka personal choice.

70% of the topics are asked already million of times.
    Why don't cb just close them or give a link to the topic where the question is already answered.

Maybe it's me that get kinda annoying by it.

People can Google / wiki / search before they post, right?

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-16-13 10:24 AM
    Haha, yeah... Get used to it buddy. Not gonna change
    07-16-13 10:26 AM
    All I see on crackberry now those days are people opening topics with questions that are already 100.000 times asked before.

Or people that ask questions that can only be answered by testing it yourself aka personal choice.

Why don't cb just close them or give a link to the topic where the question is already answered.

Posted via CB10
    People are lazy now a days and don't know how to do things for themselves.
    07-17-13 12:15 AM
    People are lazy now a days and don't knowledge how to do things for themselves.
    I've said this a few times, but here it goes. Not everyone who is joining in the conversation is an old hand at these forums. Some do not know the right questions to ask. Others don't know what a search is, or how to run one. This forum has members from all walks of life, but all members should be treated with kindness and respect, regardless of their experience. Just today, I saw a member ripping into a first-post newbie like they should know what is going on. Never assume that someone asking a question has a clue of how a forum works.

I do not care how many times I've answered the same question, someone is always just learning, and I'll help them however I can. And I appreciate others who do the same. If it gets under your skin, step away, breathe a bit, and work through it. Tomorrow is another day, and someone is going to ask the question. Give them a link to the active thread if it is a repeat question, and let the mod team know there is a redundant thread so we can handle it appropriately.
    07-17-13 12:39 AM
    Not everyone is as techsavy as you guys are. You've been on CrackBerry for so long that you guys are so accustomed to all the search functions and everything about BlackBerry. A new BlackBerry adopter wouldn't be able to know everything that's why they need help. If it's a question where you can help direct them to the appropriate links, then that's very helpful of you guys rather than bash them. If you don't like to help, ignore the post and let someone else provide the guidance.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and laketrout73 like this.
    07-17-13 01:32 AM
    It have nothing to do with crackberry to be able to search, everyone knows Google, they can type their questions there, see what happens.

Also the most other forums use search function, computer programs use search or f1.

I don't think this has anything to do with not knowing how cb works, or new to BlackBerry.

It's more like. People want an answer without having to do anything for it

Ar du svenska join BBM channel C0008B6FC
    07-17-13 03:54 AM
    Well, it is said that assumption is the mother of all failures. I assume nothing when it comes to newbies, I was one once. I began on these boards with just the faintest knowledge of how a computer even worked, much less a smartphone. I dived in, made my mistakes, but one will mess up when they are learning. It can be easy to get frustrated dealing with some of these issues.

One in particular was a fellow that had replaced the screen on his Bold, and couldn't get it to come up. Some of the top folks here at CB were helping the member to try and get the phone working again. Step by step procedures were tried time after time to no avail. It was driving people nuts.

But the problem was solved after one, off the wall question, given partially in jest. I posted, 'Just how hard was this device thrown?' Turns out, his girlfriend had gotten mad and thrown the device into the wall, which not only broke the screen he replaced, but did permanent other damage. He revealed this only because that question was asked. Everyone was looking at the problem from the wrong angle, and no matter how hard anyone tried, without the crucial information, nothing else was going to work.

Ignorance is meant to be cured. We're here to do so, and in the process, we learn and become better at it, ourselves.
    07-17-13 09:49 AM
    Someone should start a thread called "why title a thread when it will be changed anyway", haha
    07-17-13 10:44 AM
    I think the not knowing how to search is a cop out. If these people are truly new how'd they get here in the first place? A google search of course. I mean there is a big a** box that says search forums at the top too.
    07-17-13 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ironically. There has been a thread for this prevuously.

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-19-13 04:01 PM
    Hey, anyone know where I can find a thread on duplicate threads ?

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    07-19-13 04:04 PM
    Hey, anyone know where I can find a thread on duplicate threads ?

Let me check to see if there's an app for that! BRB

From Zed to U via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    07-19-13 04:14 PM
    Let me check to see if there's an app for that! BRB

From Zed to U via CB10
    I'm waiting....LOL!

07-19-13 04:23 PM
    Seeing the duplicate threads kind of annoys me too, but I also take notice if there is a tagline saying posted by CB10. I noticed that when starting a new thread it does not present a list of common threads matching your title. Now I don't use the search on CB10 so I have no idea if it works, my guess is that it is not that great.

I just searched for "Duplicate threads" and was presented with pages and pages and yet this thread was the only actual useful thread. I then searched for "jtag" and the list is once again as useful as teats on a nun. with the actual thread with "jtag" in the title as #5 in the list.

On a PC, of course Google is king, but once again the list is enormous and intimidating. I consider lists like this to be a challenge but nothing that a user should not be overlooking.

With the OP, I agree, the duplicate threads should be responded with a search to the link results here in CB, then closed or locked. Maybe a posting of the forum rules regarding this but then you run the risk of pissing off an already irate newb. Hard to draw the line somewhere.
    07-19-13 04:39 PM
    I'm waiting....LOL!

LOL LOL. I just Googled it! Look what came up!

"Anyone know if an IOS app exists for searching this forum?"

It wasn't obviously a CB site, but still funny.

From Zed to U via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    07-19-13 04:43 PM
    LOL LOL. I just Googled it! Look what came up!

"Anyone know if an IOS app exists for searching this forum?"

It wasn't obviously a CB site, but still funny.

From Zed to U via CB10
    Hahahahahaha!!!
    07-19-13 04:51 PM