I've got quite a few PM's about my avatar.

I was thinking of doing it for others Storm's as well as Pearls and Curves. If I get enough response ill start this week. All you would need to do is send me your battery door and ill mock up your design on it. If you don't want to send me your door ill provide a new one for an additional charge. Email you a picture and once you approve it, I will etch it. Send it back to you and you are happy.

Any design, logo or what you want on it. Just don't make anything super intricate, because it won't look very good.

Price will vary by color and model. Difference will only be a few dollars, so don't worry. To make things easier for me, choose a font on the web you like and let me know what it is...ill look for it and design something from it. If you want me to design it, ill charge you $5. Its a fair price, I think.

Well post any questions/concerns/interest here and ill have all the details within the next day or two. Ill start the orders once I have 10 for sure sales, then we can take it from there.

I will be setting up a referral program to get free work or even a percent off from future work.
    Last edited by 0mie; 01-07-09 at 06:56 AM.
    01-06-09 03:00 AM
    how much with the new battery door?
    01-06-09 03:07 AM
    how much with the new battery door?
    Storm is $20
    Pearl/Curve range from $8-$15 depending on color.
    01-06-09 03:09 AM
    That's pretty damn cool. I'd love to have one with the Denver Broncos logo on it. Would that be possible to do well?
    01-06-09 03:23 AM
    Looks orety sweet my only thing is I usually have a skin on and that would cover the beautiful work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 03:24 AM
    That's pretty damn cool. I'd love to have one with the Denver Broncos logo on it. Would that be possible to do well?
    Yes it will. Send me the logo you want and what orientation you want and ill take it from there.

If you want me to design something it will be $5, but ill send you a few different design choices.
    01-06-09 03:26 AM
    Looks orety sweet my only thing is I usually have a skin on and that would cover the beautiful work.

Then you should start going naked...I mean keep your phone naked to show off the beautiful work
    01-06-09 03:27 AM
    If I decide to keep my Storm(having dust issues)I will certainly contact you to do that for me. Better get a website up and running with samples of your work. You might be onto something here.
    01-06-09 03:28 AM
    If I decide to keep my Storm(having dust issues)I will certainly contact you to do that for me. Better get a website up and running with samples of your work. You might be onto something here.
    All the details are being worked out as we speak
    01-06-09 03:37 AM
    looks slick man. i'm interested!
    01-06-09 05:34 AM
    I'm not sure what I want on it, but count me in
    01-06-09 07:05 AM
    I want a block O (and if anyone mentions last night, i'll fly off the handle)! I'll send it to you.
    01-06-09 07:12 AM
    very cool idea.

a word of caution though - you might not be able to "legally" etch anything you want on the back cover especially if they are trademarked (ie football team logos). As an example, I deal alot with GM performance parts and they have very strict rules on how their logos can be used. I was not allowed to put Z06 stiching on seat covers. Another person I know was not allowed to paint the Chevy Logo on the hood liners of corvettes that already had the logo printed on them.

Just keep that in mind. I hate to see you get in trouble and owe addtional money since you are providing a great service at a great price.

that being said I want my company logo etched on the back of my storm (and yes I own the trademark). I will PM you.

thanks
    01-06-09 07:16 AM
    In before this thread gets huge!

Great Idea! I will deffiently be intrested once I can think of a design!
    01-06-09 07:20 AM
    Its already being done here but are way over priced.

Omie how are you etching them? Using a laser? And what you need to do is if the people provide there own, etch one you have and then when you send them the etched one have them return there and refund them $20. That way they wouldn't be out a battery cover for etching time
    01-06-09 07:23 AM
    I want a block O (and if anyone mentions last night, i'll fly off the handle)! I'll send it to you.
    did they lose or something??? haha sorry i couldn't resist... pretty cool idea tho
    01-06-09 07:48 AM
    Nope. To lose you must play..... They gave up.....

01-06-09 08:01 AM
    sweeeeeeet im in....i'll pm you later in the day omie
    01-06-09 08:23 AM
    Its already being done here but are way over priced.

Omie how are you etching them? Using a laser? And what you need to do is if the people provide there own, etch one you have and then when you send them the etched one have them return there and refund them $20. That way they wouldn't be out a battery cover for etching time
    In other words, you (Omie) should order a couple extra covers. Use those and etch what people want. Have them pay $20 upfront. You ship the new etched cover to them. Once they receive, they ship back their un-etched battery cover. Once you receive, you refund the $20.
    01-06-09 08:32 AM
    did they lose or something??? haha sorry i couldn't resist... pretty cool idea tho
    I have to say the short time i spent in columbus made me a buckeye hater as well. GO SABRES!

The door looks great i would have to consider what i would want on mine.
    01-06-09 08:43 AM
    I'm also interested. Sounds like a great idea and a way to stick out from other users of the Storm
    01-06-09 08:52 AM
    Very cool. If I think of something I want on there for awhile I'll let you know! Hard decision, it's like a tattoo! lol Except I guess you could always get a new cover...
    01-06-09 08:59 AM
    I have to say the short time i spent in columbus made me a buckeye hater as well. GO SABRES!

The door looks great i would have to consider what i would want on mine.
    Haha, I have to admit it brings me joy watching Tressell get his sweater vest all in a bunch. However, I had to root for the Buckeyes last night being a Big Ten fan.
    01-06-09 09:02 AM
    Cool idea but you are playing with fire if you start etching trademarked logos. What you are offering to do may seem innocent enough but all it takes is one person showing off an etching of a favorite car, movie, product, etc... At a party and you will likely have lawyers contacting you. Sorry to be a party proper but have you considered copyright and trademark laws? Might be fun and smooth sailing for a while but odds are if you do existing logos you are going to be required to stop (by law) and/or pay up. You'd be better off coming forward with own original etching designs for sale. I know it sucks....I've had my own innocent idea but would have to get permission/pay fees for each product I try to sell. Takes all the fun out of it. Stop and think before you do a Broncos etching.

01-06-09 09:45 AM
    What are the forms of payment?

PayPal (I hope)

Money Order?

Cashiers Check?

Personnel Check?

thanks,
    James
    01-06-09 09:55 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD