You're a bit all over the place, but if sounds like all those jobs with hours cut were part time to begin with.

If your wife worked in Canada, she'd be below the poverty line and wouldn't pay any premiums.

The problem with your health care system isn't just insurance premiums, it's that it's operated for profit, with multiple levels of cash extraction. The whole system needs to be scrapped and started over from the ground up.

You can't simply go by unemployment rate in 2008, you have to look at where it was heading, which was a steep increase and not a flat line that would have continued at 5%. In fact, it was already 7.8% when Obama took office.

I pay $75/month for my health premium and government also pays a portion of my prescription. My salary will almost double this year and it still won't increase my premium.

I don't know what a former California colleague currently pays under Obama care, but years ago it was $6000 a year. I paid roughly 1/10th as him. Your system was broken before, and still broken, just broken in different ways for different people.

Posted via CB10
    Well Mike, not those jobs were classified as full time. Yes they were 35 hour a week jobs but classified as full time. Hmmm let me see if you know what jobs here in the US is 35 hour employees.
    As soon as the law was passed Our hours were cut to 20 hours and $1.50 an hour cut in pay. As for the three listed earlier, we quit because one can't live on that pay. Soon after those job were done away with because they couldn't find anyone stupid enough to take them.
    As for affordable health care passing a law with high premiums and deductible isn't the answer. Yes the government will pay a position of the premium based on income. But let's get real who pays for it? It doesn't pay for itself. Your saying your premium is $75 really? I work four and a half months for free to pay my taxes. I will say this don't worry we will be single source heath care before you know it.

BlackBerry 10 or nothing!
    02-13-16 07:11 AM
    Well where I come from we believe in God

BlackBerry PRIV and 9900 w/Classic backup
    Sorry to hear that. Where I come from we don't believe in all that ghost and goblin and magic hokest pokest BS.
    Doggerz and grover5 like this.
    02-13-16 07:51 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Where I come from we don't believe in all that ghost and goblin and magic hokest pokest BS.
    It's a shame because the US was founded by people who wanted the hocus pocus removed from anything having to do with politics.

But we have one party here who says outright that the rules of God (the Jesus one in this case) come before their country.

They sound exactly like sincere Muslims. And it's scary to a good old fashioned agnostic like myself.

I'm ashamed at how religiously dogmatic America looks to the rest of the modern world. But there is good news. The number of people who identity as non committed to a religion is at an all time high. It's just that the right wing is vocal and makes it seem like we are all a bunch of abortion doctor shooting, Sarah Palin. /Ted Cruz nut jobs and asshats.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-13-16 08:15 AM
    The common mistakes that people like you make is that you look down and not up, why does Warren Buffet have a lower Tax rate then you? The Billionaires in America have been getting Tax breaks for years and additionally sheltering there money in off shore account and fake company's but you can only think about a few people abusing the System on the bottom. The scales are tipped unfairly in there favor which causes someone like you and your Wife To work two jobs to get by.
    As to your friend I'm sorry to hear that, if the American Health Care system was set up like in all other Modern Country he wouldn't go Bankrupt while trying to get treatment, it's not right to make massive Profit on people's Health when all they want to do is live.

Read this Article For a small example of how over priced Health Care Is in America, even with Health Insurance Your rates and Premiums will continue to rise when you become unprofitable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/he...pagewanted=all
    Warren Buffet doesn't get a tax break because the money that was put in investment was already taxed before the growth of the investment. Just like the death tax just taxes money that has already been taxed. Warren buffet makes billions on life insurance which is a way to allow family's to give money to their heirs by bypassing much of the death taxes. How nice it is for Warren to make money off of death instead of allowing people to directly give their post tax money or other wealth to anyone they want to. "Modern " countries have longer wait times and many times certain people who considered old are denied treatment even if they are actually healthier than the age group they are in.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 08:48 AM
    "Modern " countries have longer wait times and many times certain people who considered old are denied treatment even if they are actually healthier than the age group they are in.

Posted via CB10
    What you're speaking of is health-care rationing (and the examples you're using of longer wait times and denying treatment to old people are either thoroughly debunked myths designed to make people scared of national (i.e., "communist") health-care or so exaggerated as if to claim that people are dropping like flies in hospital waiting rooms), and the U.S. has done it and continues to do it in many more extreme ways because it is the only advanced country that does not recognize basic health-care as a right. It rations by price, plans, etc both by the government AND the almighty private sector.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    02-13-16 09:22 AM
    It's a shame because the US was founded by people who wanted the hocus pocus removed from anything having to do with politics.

But we have one party here who says outright that the rules of God (the Jesus one in this case) come before their country.

They sound exactly like sincere Muslims. And it's scary to a good old fashioned agnostic like myself.

I'm ashamed at how religiously dogmatic America looks to the rest of the modern world. But there is good news. The number of people who identity as non committed to a religion is at an all time high. It's just that the right wing is vocal and makes it seem like we are all a bunch of abortion doctor shooting, Sarah Palin. /Ted Cruz nut jobs and asshats.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    Most of our founding fathers were believers in a God of some kind. What they didn't want is a church controlled government. They saw the danger in a Theocracy, today which can be seen in those countries that allow religious governmental control. If you exam the efforts and desires of the conservative evangelical Christian sects theocratic influence over government policies is a major goal, a anti-constitution at its worse.
    02-13-16 09:22 AM
    I used to be in the "anyone but Hillary" camp, but I have moved on to "anyone but Trump".

If those two make it to the general election,choosing the lesser of two evils takes on a whole new meaning (even worse than having to choose between android and ios )
    ominaxe likes this.
    02-13-16 10:21 AM
    In many states it makes better sense to not work since the safety net is so generous. So glad I'm paying for my health care when other coworkers are on Medicaid since they are not married but decided to have a child. Oh and before you say war on women, my wife and I drive a combination of 325 miles each day to work because we don't take hand outs. My wife also has a second job to boot. Get up off your rump and work. Shovel manure to get some extra money like my wife did during college. How much of my family's money is the fair share? I have a friend who has kidney failure and is working a regular job and makes tackle which he sells to stores and at fishing expos. So tired of the "poor me" parasites.

Posted via CB10
    You're so bootstrappy. I'll get a gold star out to you and your shirt digging wife pronto.
    02-13-16 10:24 AM
    Well Mike, not those jobs were classified as full time. Yes they were 35 hour a week jobs but classified as full time. Hmmm let me see if you know what jobs here in the US is 35 hour employees.
    As soon as the law was passed Our hours were cut to 20 hours and $1.50 an hour cut in pay. As for the three listed earlier, we quit because one can't live on that pay. Soon after those job were done away with because they couldn't find anyone stupid enough to take them.
    As for affordable health care passing a law with high premiums and deductible isn't the answer. Yes the government will pay a position of the premium based on income. But let's get real who pays for it? It doesn't pay for itself. Your saying your premium is $75 really? I work four and a half months for free to pay my taxes. I will say this don't worry we will be single source heath care before you know it.

I think you had a crappy job to start with. Did you feel you were entitled to a good one without earning it? It's funny, you've probably spent your whole life voting against workers rights and regulations on business. Now that you see what it is to essentially be a slave, you want to blame that on something or someone else as well. We should all chip in and buy you a mirror.
    02-13-16 10:33 AM
    I think you had a crappy job to start with. Did you feel you were entitled to a good one without earning it? It's funny, you've probably spent your whole life voting against workers rights and regulations on business. Now that you see what it is to essentially be a slave, you want to blame that on something or someone else as well. We should all chip in and buy you a mirror.
    I don't fill entitled to anything! I've never ask for a handout from anyone and haven't received any from anyone. I've never accepted your so call entitlements. Yes you are right I am blaming someone else. Let's see the state I live in our state budget is most for entitlement programs. Entitlement programs? What what an oxymoron. No one is entitled to anything especially when they don't want to work for what they get. Everyone wants everything handed to them. I will tell you this I work four jobs. I own every outright. Let me ask you when was the last time you paid cash for your home? I just have a problem supporting lazy azz people.

LoneStarRed likes this.
    02-13-16 11:20 AM
    I don't fill entitled to anything! I've never ask for a handout from anyone and haven't received any from anyone. I've never accepted your so call entitlements. Yes you are right I am blaming someone else. Let's see the state I live in our state budget is most for entitlement programs. Entitlement programs? What what an oxymoron. No one is entitled to anything especially when they don't want to work for what they get. Everyone wants everything handed to them. I will tell you this I work four jobs. I own every outright. Let me ask you when was the last time you paid cash for your home? I just have a problem supporting lazy azz people.

You work 4 jobs and you bought your home in cash but are complaining about losing 1.50 an hour in one job and having it cut down to 20 hours. Is your home mobile by any chance? Your story certainly is fascinating. By your avatar it looks like you live in Alabama. Is that correct?
    02-13-16 11:49 AM
    You work 4 jobs and you bought your home in cash but are complaining about losing 1.50 an hour in one job and having it cut down to 20 hours. Is your home mobile by any chance? Your story certainly is fascinating. By your avatar it looks like you live in Alabama. Is that correct?
    I'm not complaining that I lost $1.50 an hour and my hour were cut and left said job. That's water under the bridge and moved on to better things. Just an FYI any home can be moved. But no it isn't and no I don't live in Alabama.
    Here let me show you one we moved last week of January.

Attachment 391198
    Besides he was talking how great Obama was I was just pointing out its not all roses.and
    Last edited by dphjeff; 02-13-16 at 12:51 PM.
    02-13-16 12:01 PM
    I really don't like any of the choices that are currently running for president. So I have picked my own.....

Who is your US presidential candidate?-img_20160213_134758.jpg

Who is your US presidential candidate?-img_20160213_134911.jpg

Posted from my Passport To The Future
    dphjeff and middbrew like this.
    02-13-16 01:52 PM
    I really don't like any of the choices that are currently running for president. So I have picked my own.....
    Who is your US presidential candidate?-0004z7dwtfls8q0s-c122-f4.jpg
    02-13-16 03:10 PM
    Warren Buffet doesn't get a tax break because the money that was put in investment was already taxed before the growth of the investment. Just like the death tax just taxes money that has already been taxed. Warren buffet makes billions on life insurance which is a way to allow family's to give money to their heirs by bypassing much of the death taxes. How nice it is for Warren to make money off of death instead of allowing people to directly give their post tax money or other wealth to anyone they want to. "Modern " countries have longer wait times and many times certain people who considered old are denied treatment even if they are actually healthier than the age group they are in.

Posted via CB10
    Warren Buffet himself thinks it's unfairly, but your defending it with your life. You think it's fair for people that make money off not working to pay less than people that actually work......I think I'm going to have to give up on you.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news...cretary-taxes/
    02-13-16 04:05 PM
    If they have the necessary paperwork to pay into taxes, they have the paperwork to file taxes and use the benefits.

A cook is not a good example of a job that American's don't want. Cleaners, pickers, yes, but not cooks.
    They may have the paperwork to get a job, but not to file a Dead man's taxes. From the experiences that I know about a lot would quit after a year of work and then come back with a new ID and a different name. Working to feed there family's back home is more important than getting a small tax return...No one would ever risk it.

A line cook in a chain Restaurant is still a job that most Americans still don't want to do. It's Hot and intense Work and still doesn't pay well, Spanish is also usually a requirement to communicate with other Kitchen staff.
    02-13-16 04:27 PM
    I vote for Bla1ze.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-13-16 04:30 PM
    They may have the paperwork to get a job, but not to file a Dead man's taxes. From the experiences that I know about a lot would quit after a year of work and then come back with a new ID and a different name. Working to feed there family's back home is more important than getting a small tax return...No one would ever risk it..
    Around here at least, since all these "right to work laws" were passed, a lot of the skilled jobs are sub-contrated out which leaves the I9 requirements to the sub-contractor. Who needs an SSN when you're paid cash?

Like I said before, just pull up to a work site in a white van and see how many workers you can find.

Our church had a white van with no name or anything on it. We tried and tried to find day laborers to help clean out our building etc... Finally someone told us why they all scattered when we pulled up, they thought our van was INS...
    02-13-16 04:57 PM
    02-13-16 05:46 PM
    Obama will nominate the next Justice, Justice Thomas had the longest nomination process with just over 100 day, I don't see how it would make sense to wait over 300 days to just start the process.
    02-13-16 06:31 PM
    Nobody asked a Canadian though.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? One's running for prez!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-16 07:42 PM
    Obama will nominate the next Justice, Justice Thomas had the longest nomination process with just over 100 day, I don't see how it would make sense to wait over 300 days to just start the process.
    But there's no way for them to be confirmed since there are less than 50 democrats in the Senate. Any Republican who votes for an Obama nominee will be in their last term in the Senate. The GOP base would never forgive them.

So what Obama had to do is find someone that will anger the democrats to the polls when the GOP block their nomination. Perhaps a black woman? Hispanic? How about someone openly gay?

My vote is for Anita Hill, maybe she can keep Thomas awake while the courts in session...
    02-13-16 08:30 PM
    I never liked the man when he was alive, but my sympathies to his family for their loss and to all those hurt by his unapologetically conservative reading of the Constitution in his rulings. He criticized homosexuality as a liberal plot to indoctrinate children, spoke out against women's reproductive rights, was married to an outspoken religious fanatic / advocate of conservative social values, argued that multi-billion dollar corporations are people and that money is speech, did not recuse himself from cases in which he had a conflict of interest, and showed contradictory interpretations of the Constitution depending on the issue being argued. In short, he was everything a Supreme Court Justice should not be. It's too bad the republicans have a palpable hatred of President Obama, otherwise he might be able to nominate someone more suited to the position to replace Scalia, but I'm sure they'd rather shut the court down completely than see anyone left of Scalia take his seat.

Posted via CB10
    DaDaDogg and grover5 like this.
    02-13-16 09:02 PM
    Common sense tells you that raising wages to flip burgers and work drive through will raise wages proportionately for other jobs. All wages will wind up going up with it, and so will inflation. Cost of living will skyrocket. We will be at the same place except that we will no longer be able to compete internationally in manufacturing at all anymore. You can kiss saving manufacturing jobs good bye. Automobile companies will flee the country and we will lose more jobs.

As for adding universal healthcare and free tuition, this would raise all of our taxes to the point (not just the 1% because the math doesn't work), we could have paid for healthcare outright the way it is today. Obamacare killed healthcare by allowing companies to rewrite coverages to raise the deductibles to the point, all we really get is emergency insurance and standard preventive visits. Don't think about getting xrays or mri's. That will be for the well off.

Sorry, but the road to hell is paved in good intentions. Hillary is a safer bet, but she will grow government, empower wall street more, and set us back further from having states decide what's best.

Posted via Manly Passport
    Last edited by leglace1; 02-14-16 at 12:14 PM.
    02-14-16 12:01 PM
    Sorry, but the road to hell is paved in good intentions. Hillary is a safer bet, but she will grow government, empower wall street more, and set us back further from having states decide what's best.

Posted via Manly Passport
    When the states had rights, blacks sat in the back of the bus and couldn't eat with whites. How do you call that deciding what's best? Best for who?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-16 03:20 PM
567 ... 89101112 ...