Who remembers when this site was more about helping than people going out of their way to point out how something someone post was previously posted? People ask questions and if it's something that they feel you should know they make you feel like you have asked the dumbest question.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:31 PM
    Agreed. Sometimes the person asking the question hasn't got the knowledge to find the answer, which, of course, is why they're asking the question....

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
    03-31-14 03:39 PM
    Exactly everyone isn't on CB everyday and don't know all the extra stuff the phone can do.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:46 PM
    Agreed. Sometimes the person asking the question hasn't got the knowledge to find the answer, which, of course, is why they're asking the question....

Perhaps there are some people as you describe (particularly if there are language barrier issues), although I do find in general that people are lazier today than ever before.

As frustrating as it may be to get beat up over asking a repeat question, it is also frustrating when people don't even read the title of the thread, let alone the OP.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:50 PM
    Who remembers when this site was more about helping than people going out of their way to point out how something someone post was previously posted? People ask questions and if it's something that they feel you should know they make you feel like you have asked the dumbest question.

Posted via CB10

There are many other threads on this subject as it is, maybe you should have just posted in one of those threads.
    03-31-14 03:52 PM
    There are many other threads on this subject as it is, maybe you should have just posted in one of those threads.
    That actually made me laugh :P

shaleem likes this.
    03-31-14 03:53 PM
    That actually made me laugh :P

It made me laugh as well

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:56 PM
    Scorpio,
    You bring up a very legitimate point.
    As someone who is here everyday with the intentions of offering help, I ask myself the same question several times each day.
    With the arrival of the new OS10 It's been like learning a new language to most and things have changed here. because of it.

It's a catch 22 situation because of the attitudes people have taken.

Using the "Battery" issues as example:
    There are so many threads, with at least half of them started because the OP didn't take the time to "Check the place out first,"
    and also because people have experienced so many different issues regarding the battery. So right there, I don't want have to tell the OP to find the thread but it's also
    counterproductive to go into answering the question having answered it countless times already.

But the most disturbing thing I've found is that (speaking for myself) Many times I've offered a suggestion that I know would be helpful only to get a backlash because they didn't agree with my solution.
    This coming from someone who is having problems with their device and me who has never had any issues what so ever.with any devices.

And, it's not a polite thank you for your suggestion reply, either. People have gotten downright insulting and disrespectful to the very people that have made This forum possible so we'd have a place to come to that we know is safe and trustworthy. That kind of attitude was one of the reasons that The BerryLeaks Team, the very folks that gave us so much, disbanded. Threw up their hands and had enough.

I, along with many others, have backed off from being as helpful as we'd like to be because of the poor attitudes of those that need help and.... well, you see where things need to be changed.

This shall pass. The Folks "behind the curtain" are working on solutions to many things.
    All I can suggest is to always ,First, "TRY" the "Search Feature.... Try to read through posts. Pace yourself because there's a lot of garbage to wade through .
    If you start a new thread do it with a positive attitude instead of proclaiming how this sucks or that doesn't work and it's everyone else's fault, and so on! Don't get caught up in useless debates
    and above all, be patient.

Those of us that try to promote a positive and pleasant atmosphere still greatly outweigh the negative faction.and someone will get to you with a solution.

Keep the faith! CrackBerry Nation is a one of a kind place. And like any community needs work from time to time!
    04-01-14 02:13 AM
    Someone asked yesterday if the PlayBook was going to receive another update someone said no its reached the end of life and was attacked for saying it and telling them how they were wrong. Then I get on CB today and one of the first post I see on the homepage is how it's reached the end of life smh I guess someone knew what they were talking about after all

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-01-14 12:31 PM
    Someone asked yesterday if the PlayBook was going to receive another update someone said no its reached the end of life and was attacked for saying it and telling them how they were wrong. Then I get on CB today and one of the first post I see on the homepage is how it's reached the end of life smh I guess someone knew what they were talking about after all

Posted via CB10
    1. April Fool Joke, making it sound serious... Bla1ze just posted before about an update... followed by Kevin (CrackBerry) saying it has reached end of life... which one believe?? I'd just look to the picture posted by Kev' and understand! It was a joke!! The PlayBook is not dead after all!!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    04-01-14 01:14 PM
    1. April Fool Joke, making it sound serious... Bla1ze just posted before about an update... followed by Kevin (CrackBerry) saying it has reached end of life... which one believe?? I'd just look to the picture posted by Kev' and understand! It was a joke!! The PlayBook is not dead after all!!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    Hey! Take it from me....
    We don't joke around here!!

Besides... if you remember it, you weren't there!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-07-14 at 11:33 PM.
    04-07-14 02:17 PM
    Wait!
    I remember..... I remember...... I, I..... forgot!
    04-13-14 10:22 AM
    It seems like a lot more bashing happens on forums nowadays.
    Not just this one
    People are more stressed?
    We find it easier to hammer someone into the ground cuz they spelt "the "wrong.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-13-14 10:32 AM
    They spelt the "WHAT" wrong?
    04-14-14 02:54 AM
    They spelt the "WHAT" wrong?
    I...pull...release...cough...can't remember

04-14-14 10:58 AM
    It seems like a lot more bashing happens on forums nowadays.
    Not just this one
    People are more stressed?
    We find it easier to hammer someone into the ground cuz they spelt "the "wrong.

I is not bein stressed see eh? I is chillin wiv a bokkle see eh? Erm..

Two aktually see?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:00 AM
    I remember when rock was young
    Me and Suzy had so much fun

04-14-14 08:08 PM