I am starting this thread because one of those that added a great deal of substance to this VZW forum appears to not be around.
    Yes some of his responses may have been harsh but I found them in now way mean spirited. If u wonder who I speak of I am referring to TwinX Dad
    he seems to no longer respond to anything.
    But I am glad that the likes of LastRaid is still here he is one of those that
    drops the science as well.
    TWIN WHERE ARE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Has anyone else been wondering?
    I know this may not have anything exactly to do with VZW but
    then again it does. He knew/knows the nuts and bolts of the
    Telecomm industry and I found what he contributed to be quite
    enlightening.......
    I hope this thread stays open.....
    04-28-09 06:46 PM
    I have noticed. I have been sworn to silence. I am sure this will stay open as long until the bashers he went up against place their 2 cents worth in. I do value his network knowledge, but others may not have and certainly did not understand the humor between the lines. I hope for a quick return, but not holding my breath.

What the others here did not understand is he works behind the seens for many networks not just VZW. He knows the ins and outs and about things yet to come on all the networks. But I really think for the most part that the bad rivalry (fanboy caca) got in the way.

THat was 2 cents worth
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-28-09 at 06:56 PM.
    04-28-09 06:52 PM
    I have noticed. I have been sworn to silence. I am sure this will stay open as long until the bashers he went up against place their 2 cents worth in. I do value his network knowledge, but others may not have and certainly did not understand the humor between the lines. I hope for a quick return, but not holding my breath.

What the others here did not understand is he works behind the seens for many networks not just VZW. He knows the ins and outs and about things yet to come on all the networks. But I really think for the most part that the bad rivalry (fanboy caca) got in the way.

THat was 2 cents worth

I do hope his bashers do chime in; and on a spiritual side to all.
    If u like someone or dislike someone u see something of yourself in them that
    you admire or dislike.
    As mush schmack that is typed on these boards people need to get a grip.
    I myself being a Black person found none of what he said offensive.
    Hey I have read posts where someone used the analogy to describe something as ghetto. I immediately shot back why can't it be trailer park.
    If u come at someone in an antagonistic manner don't be offended if someone replies in kind.
    Its like starting a fight on the school yard and getting your ******* kicked then running for the principal.
    Man up or woman up; don't start no ******* won't be none.
    Want some get some bad enough take some.......
    Now that was straight from the hood.....
    Glad you are still around LastR
    04-28-09 07:10 PM

THat was 2 cents worth

I do hope his bashers do chime in; and on a spiritual side to all.
    If u like someone or dislike someone u see something of yourself in them that
    you admire or dislike.
    As mush schmack that is typed on these boards people need to get a grip.
    I myself being a Black person found none of what he said offensive.
    Hey I have read posts where someone used the analogy to describe something as ghetto. I immediately shot back why can't it be trailer park.
    If u come at someone in an antagonistic manner don't be offended if someone replies in kind.
    Its like starting a fight on the school yard and getting your ****** kicked then running for the principal.
    Man up or woman up; don't start no ***** won't be none.
    Want some get some bad enough take some.......
    Now that was straight from the hood.....
    Glad you are still around LastR
    After isn't it all about helping users make an educated choice?
    U know I can see if he was dropping *******bombs ****** bombs ****** bombs.
    Insulting women with ******* or ***** bombs then thats different but none of that occured.
    Or ****** bombs or ****** bombs; or or or what ever bombu can think of
    04-28-09 07:15 PM
    I'm a startin ***** don't start none won't be none..........................
    Now that is ghetto
    04-28-09 07:17 PM
    Thanks Trendy, I am not going anywhere anytime soon. I will be taking a 3 day weekend in May and most likely will not be posting, so do not worry
    04-28-09 07:17 PM
    Thanks Trendy, I am not going anywhere anytime soon. I will be taking a 3 day weekend in May and most likely will not be posting, so do not worry
    Cool and I did appreciate your 2 cents btw thanks
    04-28-09 07:18 PM
    Sorry guys, but reality is reality and you are missing the reality of this site. The reality is simple: most here do not give a passing thought to truth and they don't respect knowledge. They don't respect much of anything outside of their own selfish desires.

They ask question.
    You give answer.
    They don't like answer and call you an arsehole or worse.
    You respond with reality.
    They don't care & whine, **** & moan and call you more names and try to discredit you.

You have years of practical experience. They have each other and fanboy sites that know about as much as your local video store clerk.

They think they know it all, but like many who moderate forums like this, they really know little.

People like 'Dad' are a rare find on sites like this because they usually don't have the time or the desire to care. I know the man personally. It was him who asked me to come here. He has four degrees, three homes, makes enough money to buy CB outright, and has been on medical leave from his company for nearly six months without a concern as to where the money will come from. So he is no dummy. But what we have are people here who can only chant one or two things: I Want Wifi or I Want GPS or I Want Free Tethering. Well hot dog kiddies. You can have those things. Buy a laptop and visit tomtom.com and quit complaining. Then pay for your bandwidth.

I honestly hate it here. While I would like to help out, there are maybe six or so regulars worthy of conversation and maybe half of those know much of anything other than how to best try to rip off the system or someone else. There are those who come with honest questions but they don't stay long. I saw something about a million members but they didn't say how many were duplicates or zero post people. How many were spammers? How many have been banned?

Many of the mods here look at a post without looking at the overall picture and that includes recently elevated people who may be too full of themselves to actually know how to see where a problem started. To fix a problem, smart folks get to the root of the problem. Here there is little of that and they go after the guy with the most wit and intelligence. They contribute to a dumbing down of the general population. Does that sound mean and obnoxious? It isn't intended to be. I can point to many places that are far bigger than CB with hundreds of thousands of posts per week with a larger population of smart people along the caliber of Dad. You need thick skin because they have no tolerance for stupidity or ignorance but people keep coming back. I have to get a link or two because some of the antics here have been made into huge convos with most laughing at the mindsets. Personally I couldn't care less if I am banned, blocked or suspended as long as I am being honest. The mods here can't really do much. Grab another disposable email addy, switch proxy server settings, then return. Or just log in on BB. If they block one BB they have to block them all. I was attacked on several fronts here and the mods did nothing even after threats were leveled toward me. I can imagine the unfairness Dad went thru. He got a final warning stating he was warneed many times before. After over 20+ years I never knew the man to lie and he says he never got a single warning before. So if you show any form of intelligence here be ready to be a sitting duck.

Its too bad there are several who say they will not return or who have left long ago and have no intention of returning. Dad is but one of them. Is the forum better off now that he left after little minds said bad things to him? Maybe the kids with their GPS and wifi whines are those you would rather get your info from. After all, ignorance gravitates to itself.

Dad promoted the store here and told people about CB. The one time I made an order here it was so screwed up I had to resort to a chargeback on my credit card. Look at any number of sites and you will notice many have the same thirdparty store with the same prices.

The reality is the stupid and the ignorant thrive in forums like this because they are no threat to the droolers on the front page.
    04-28-09 09:07 PM
    ^^^ A lot of what you said may be true about the whiners, haters etc. But what do you honestly expect from a forum that is open to the public and has a million members? I don't think it can be helped, just have to sort through some of the nonsense and complaints to find the good stuff. There is a lot of good info on this site, just have to find it lol.
    04-28-09 09:51 PM
    ^^^ A lot of what you said may be true about the whiners, haters etc. But what do you honestly expect from a forum that is open to the public and has a million members? I don't think it can be helped, just have to sort through some of the nonsense and complaints to find the good stuff. There is a lot of good info on this site, just have to find it lol.
    I know, but if the real numbers were known, all but maybe 75 of those members haven't been here in forever and most never posted anything. Members are even counted on the registrations that are not verified. Hold on, I don't recall having my email verified here so they might be taking anything including spambots that register. Did you ever wonder why the memberlist isn't up for public display here? You can sort that list and see that more than 98% of forum members post zero or one post and never return. Never believe any claim that a forum has so many members. If this site set their pruning up, that million members would probably come down to 5000. But advertisers like a million better than they do 5000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:01 PM
    I've gotten used to twins sometimes very odd ways. I also think hes toned it down in the past few weeks which is a good thing. But ur right, he does know his stuff about the telecom industry. Just wish his politics had more logic

either way, I rather debate the rights and wrongs with him rather than some of the other fools on this forum. I actually found it quite entertaining.... well, when the childish members stood silent and didn't flame the thread up to the point of closure
    04-28-09 11:09 PM
    I have also been sworn to silence, hopefully, he will come back.
    04-29-09 04:40 AM
    Let's take a scan of some of what I have seen looking over some of the forums the last couple days. He was called:

A racist

A geriatric

A child abuser

An *****

Stupid

An ******

A liar

A Verizon lackey

Arrogant

A bad parent

A ****

Conceited

And worse a fanboy

some people would defend his argument but few came out to defend the man. He didn't run to the mods. He didn't whine. He only got aggressive when attacked. His arguments were sound and I saw more than once where he admitted a mistake. I even saw him try to get along with you Rican, an action that would qualify him for sainthood. He didn't hold grudges and came back when people who attacked him before were being honest or needed something. His demeanor was usually jovial and he was quick to display his sometimes odd sense of humor. He bantered with everybody especially Weekendbum and Lastraid. He never hesitated to call anyone out, including those who claimed to be Verison management types when those people gave bad information. I just got done reading his argument with Scott Priestor over customer service where Mr Priestor was wrong on many counts but Dad never belittled and only explained. The condescension if any came from Mr Priestor and not from Dad. But he didn't shy away from telling this Verizon store manager that he needed some cust svc training. He answered questions no one else was able to and he shined a light into why so many things go on in the wireless world.

For all of this, a final warning from one of the top people at CB and that tells me the top here arnt very bright. I don't blame Dad. This place didn't deserve the effort he put into it.

Last edited by chrisy520; 04-29-09 at 12:01 PM. Reason: language
    04-29-09 08:10 AM
    I had no idea he was getting so much flack from so many. The name calling is especially pathetic. I never understood why so many people want to take an argument/discussion and turn it personal like that.

I always enjoyed reading the information he provided. It was like having a secret peep hole into the back rooms of the telecoms. Hope he is doing well and I hope he returns.
    04-29-09 08:35 AM
    I never saw him as a racist; never.
    04-29-09 08:36 AM
    Let's take a scan of some of what I have seen looking over some of the forums the last couple days. He was called:

A racist

A geriatric

A child abuser

An *****

Stupid

An ******

A liar

A Verizon lackey

Arrogant

A bad parent

A ****

Conceited

And worse a fanboy

some people would defend his argument but few came out to defend the man. He didn't run to the mods. He didn't whine. He only got aggressive when attacked. His arguments were sound and I saw more than once where he admitted a mistake. I even saw him try to get along with you Rican, an action that would qualify him for sainthood. He didn't hold grudges and came back when people who attacked him before were being honest or needed something. His demeanor was usually jovial and he was quick to display his sometimes odd sense of humor. He bantered with everybody especially Weekendbum and Lastraid. He never hesitated to call anyone out, including those who claimed to be Verison management types when those people gave bad information. I just got done reading his argument with Scott Priestor over customer service where Mr Priestor was wrong on many counts but Dad never belittled and only explained. The condescension if any came from Mr Priestor and not from Dad. But he didn't shy away from telling this Verizon store manager that he needed some cust svc training. He answered questions no one else was able to and he shined a light into why so many things go on in the wireless world.

For all of this, a final warning from one of the top people at CB and that tells me the top here arnt very bright. I don't blame Dad. This place didn't deserve the effort he put into it.

I'm new to the VZ forum so I don't know "Dad" but if there's so many stupid people here and the CB management are dumb to I don't understand why you would keep coming back here, you sure don't have to..

04-29-09 09:31 AM
    I too didnt realize that he was receiving so much crap from other members. I really enjoyed his posts and he will be sorely missed.
    04-29-09 09:38 AM
    I had no idea he was getting so much flack from so many. The name calling is especially pathetic. I never understood why so many people want to take an argument/discussion and turn it personal like that.

I always enjoyed reading the information he provided. It was like having a secret peep hole into the back rooms of the telecoms. Hope he is doing well and I hope he returns.
    most people are what you would call an "internet gangster" meaning they would say things to you over the internet that they would never have the heart to say to you in person. its a real shame though, i have learned a lot from the post that i've read on this forum.
    04-29-09 10:09 AM
    oh CRAP. I didn't hear about any of this until now. I like Twins, guess I should have defended him more. Don't agree with his politics but that doesn't matter a hill o' beans in this forum.

I'm going to miss his insight on telecom and networking. I'm going to miss his back-and-forth with BFoster on the "OMG help my Dad is going to kill me over huge tetherberry bill" thread.

This is ridiculous. Are y'all saying he was banned, or did he decide to leave voluntarily? i.e. is this a temporary thing?
    04-29-09 10:11 AM
    oh CRAP. I didn't hear about any of this until now. I like Twins, guess I should have defended him more. Don't agree with his politics but that doesn't matter a hill o' beans in this forum.

I'm going to miss his insight on telecom and networking. I'm going to miss his back-and-forth with BFoster on the "OMG help my Dad is going to kill me over huge tetherberry bill" thread.

This is ridiculous. Are y'all saying he was banned, or did he decide to leave voluntarily? i.e. is this a temporary thing?
    He stepped aside voluntarily; I hope it is temporarily.
    The thing is u can tell he has been around a while.
    I hate the word age so I shall say he has a lot of miles.
    So just maybe his health isn't so great.
    He can't get out much. This is a place for him to come
    and enjoy some comradere....
    Only thing that is forever is spirit.
    But while we travel on this plane; in the physical
    the more u travel along time has its way of taking it's toll.
    Also karma is not a thing where one size fits all.
    04-29-09 10:34 AM
    He gets out fine. Goes to the gym every morning. The doctors just won't let him go back to work fulltime because of the stress and longhours. It is sad that some people in power can't see beyond their noses. Looking back at my last post I can't help but wonder what kind of dopiness made j-e-r-k and i-d-i-o-t bad words but racist is okay. Maybe it seems those censored words might be used against those in power, eh?

04-29-09 11:12 AM
    He gets out fine. Goes to the gym every morning. The doctors just won't let him go back to work fulltime because of the stress and longhours. It is sad that some people in power can't see beyond their noses. Looking back at my last post I can't help but wonder what kind of dopiness made j-e-r-k and i-d-i-o-t bad words but racist is okay. Maybe it seems those censored words might be used against those in power, eh?

So then this is a place for his as do most of us come to blow off steam and have a lil fun then
    04-29-09 11:31 AM

The forum software has a preset list of word that are blocked. It has nothing to do with the mods or Kevin. I had contacted Kevin before because there were words that were blocked that shouldn't have been, and that's the way he explained it to me.

04-29-09 11:43 AM
    So then this is a place for his as do most of us come to blow off steam and have a lil fun then
    Pretty much. I came here at his invitation. He came here at the invitation of two people. One was a mod here. You get somewhere that people are asking dfor help and it is hard to leave.

The forum software has a preset list of word that are blocked. It has nothing to do with the mods or Kevin. I had contacted Kevin before because there were words that were blocked that shouldn't have been, and that's the way he explained it to me.

It comes with a preset list that covers the seven words you can't say on TV plus a few more. The lists are completely configurable in the board controls. For more info you can read up on these things at vBulletin� - About Us, Invision Power Services :: Community :: Board :: Home or Home of SMF: Free PHP and MySQL forum software. none of my installs ever included the words I see censored here.
    Last edited by DesertDogs; 04-29-09 at 12:08 PM.
    04-29-09 11:50 AM
    Moving to Off-Topic Discussion area. Good discussion, just keep the language clean please! Thanks!

Foul language
    Please keep posts and links family appropriate. The administrators and moderators reserve the right delete posts at their discretion if they are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be given a warning for the first violation; any subsequent violation could result in a ban from the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    04-29-09 12:03 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD