If I had that kind of money back when I still gave Microsoft the benefit of the doubt, I'd do the same thing Prada.

But now it's too late. I don't have a thousand bucks to just throw away on a POS that doesn't even work, no matter how good the online community or the games are.
    09-24-09 11:23 AM
    Yea, I've been thinking about selling my old xboxs on ebay for parts or something.

Anything is better than nothing- and they're just collecting dust.
    09-24-09 11:25 AM
    Yea... I've been through 4 xboxs since their release...

Take that for what it's worth...

Not to mention the whole xbox warranty thing is a complete PITA.

At one point I was so frustrated, and wanted to finish a game that I just went to best buy and bought a new xbox and just didn't even care about the old one.
    That's what Best Buy says too. There's that nice little "*" under what they cover for a warranty. But you can get an extended warranty with Best Buy for 3 years that covers everything. That was the only upside to it
    09-24-09 11:25 AM
    I think they both suck... With what we're capable of doing today, this really isn't an advanced peice of technology. I prefer the PS3 though. Xbox 360 is going to cost an extra $60 a year to play online. The console itself, lasts a heck of alot longer than the Xbox does... So if you go with the Xbox, make sure you get the extended warranty... Well worth it.

Personally, I'd say the only game that was worth it's money is Rockstar's - Grand Theft Auto 4. They know what they're doing. It's available for both consoles Check to see if anyone you know has a certain type of console aswell. PS3 and Xbox players can't play with each other.
    You get what you pay for though. Look at what you can do on Xbox LIVE that you can not do on PSN. I think it was last year that PSN finally got the ability to send and receive messages from in game. Add all the others like Netflix,Party Chat, smooth online play, Facebook*, Twitter*, Last FM*, etc.... and it is well worth the $60 a year. The big thing Sony did was Home and since it released it has sizzled out.

It takes all three consoles for each one to survive. It is also someones personal preference as to what system they like. For me, there is no game on PS3 that I would take over Mass Effect, Halo 3, Splinter Cell and Gears of War 2. So in order to play them the console I am going to own is a Xbox. If someone wanted Killzone 3 then they would lean toward a PS3.

*indicates coming soon!!!!
    Last edited by discretemayhem; 09-24-09 at 04:38 PM.
    09-24-09 04:34 PM
    The only reason I like the Xbox besides the online play is Netflix. That was a very smart move on Microsoft's part.

But I still hate them.
    09-24-09 04:41 PM
    You get what you pay for though. Look at what you can do on Xbox LIVE that you can not do on PSN. I think it was last year that PSN finally got the ability to send and receive messages from in game. Add all the others like Netflix,Party Chat, smooth online play, Facebook*, Twitter*, Last FM*, etc.... and it is well worth the $60 a year. The big thing Sony did was Home and since it released it has sizzled out.

It takes all three consoles for each one to survive. It is also someones personal preference as to what system they like. For me, there is no game on PS3 that I would take over Mass Effect, Halo 3, Splinter Cell and Gears of War 2. So in order to play them the console I am going to own is a Xbox. If someone wanted Killzone 3 then they would lean toward a PS3.

*indicates coming soon!!!!
    Well the playstation already has an internet browser which I've used on occasion, so I know from experience that it can sign into facebook already, and I can stream movies off of websites I know I've owned a PS3 for a while and I've always been able to send and recieve messages in game. The Xbox has better online play, but like I said, you pay for it. It depends who you are I guess I don't play enough to care about slightly faster servers.
    09-24-09 10:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD