Im really having a tough time tryna figure out what to buy her, either this tablet or this laptop:

Tablet: ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10.1" 16GB Android 4.1 Tablet With Nvidia Tegar 3 Processor - White : Android Tablets - Best Buy Canada

Laptop: Samsung XE303C12-A01CA 11.6" Chromebook - Silver (Samsung E5250 / 16GB SSD / 2GB RAM / Chrome OS) : Chromebooks - Best Buy Canada

YES i am aware that is a chromebook and its only for web browsing, but only thing my mom needs a tablet or laptop is to: surf the web, skype with grandparents and watch a movie online maybe once a week.

Now the cons and pros for both:

Android Tablet:

Cons: touch screen & on screen keyboard is new for her, screen is slightly smaller then the 17" laptop she is already used to.

Pros: the tablet is super fast and slick, android OS, has skype & ton of other free apps.

Chromebook:

Cons: does NOT has skype video chat, kind of a more "boring" gift because she is familiar with a laptop and an android is something new and fresh.

Pros: Cheaper then the tablet, has a physical keyboard, slightly larger screen size, easier to hold while laying on the couch after a long day at work.

I need help lol
    05-05-13 07:48 PM
    any reason she needs the 10 inch screen? Nexus 7 would be my first choice and a little cheaper unless she needs the bigger option
    05-05-13 08:02 PM
    any reason she needs the 10 inch screen? Nexus 7 would be my first choice and a little cheaper unless she needs the bigger option
    Well the Acer tablet has the same exact specs as the nexus 7 and a bit cheaper, but lets face it my mother is in her late 40's and her eye sight ain't getting better lol, so the bigger screen size the better for her, her eyes will get tired of staring at that small screen for a long period of time
    05-05-13 08:10 PM
    right i kinda figured that was the reasoning. The MeMO pad isnt a bad choice and its not a bad price either. I would chose that over the chromebook since Skype is something that is needed and not yet available via the web
    Pegon_Fighter likes this.
    05-05-13 08:18 PM
    What ever happened to good old-fashioned flowers?
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    05-05-13 08:21 PM
    Kindle Fire, great mom gift
    269 for the big one, yes it has skype and easier to use than stock droid imo
    Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Tablet - Stunning 8.9" Screen and Dolby Audio
    05-05-13 08:44 PM
    right i kinda figured that was the reasoning. The MeMO pad isnt a bad choice and its not a bad price either. I would chose that over the chromebook since Skype is something that is needed and not yet available via the web
    Yeah thats what i thought thanks, just wanted to see if other people on the same boat as me (y)
    05-05-13 09:21 PM
    I made my mom a black and white ebony pen and pencil set.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-11-13 09:20 AM