I'm looking for something that is fast and good quality that will allow me to convert AVI, MKV, MPEG4, WMV, etc.. files to a standard playable DVD format (like VOB) or burn directly to a DVD+/-R disc. It should be compatible with Windows 7.

I have tried Nero Vision/Recode for sometime but I find it's a hassle installing and I have Nero 8 which isn't 100% compatible with Windows 7. I've heard Nero 9 is decent for this, but is there a 'lighter' option, and one that doesn't cost as much (upgrade from Nero 8 to 9 is $50!)? (I know I could be unethical and pirate it for free, but I've heard the 'cracks' for Nero 9 suck anyways... :P)

Let me know what you guys are using!
    Cheers.
    11-23-09 01:30 PM
    I'm looking for something that is fast and good quality that will allow me to convert AVI, MKV, MPEG4, WMV, etc.. files to a standard playable DVD format (like VOB) or burn directly to a DVD+/-R disc. It should be compatible with Windows 7.

I have tried Nero Vision/Recode for sometime but I find it's a hassle installing and I have Nero 8 which isn't 100% compatible with Windows 7. I've heard Nero 9 is decent for this, but is there a 'lighter' option, and one that doesn't cost as much (upgrade from Nero 8 to 9 is $50!)? (I know I could be unethical and pirate it for free, but I've heard the 'cracks' for Nero 9 suck anyways... :P)

Let me know what you guys are using!
    Cheers.
    Man, exactly what i need. I tried a couple of programs but they take 24 hours!

Someone recently recommended ConvertXtoDVD to me, it runs about $50, i havent tried it though
    11-23-09 06:05 PM
    I use DVD Flick to burn the movies I have to DVD. It will convert and burn as one process, all you have to do is drag and drop the movie files into the window. Its fairly fast and there are a variety of options you can change on it. Note that it will not burn .vob files if you have those ripped from a DVD. Oh and as a plus its free!

DVD Flick
    11-23-09 08:28 PM
    nice i'll check it out
    11-23-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD