I put my Z10 for sale and there is a "possible" buyer, but I'm a little paranoid here. He requests:

• Name of account holder
    • IBAN
    • Name of Bank
    • Account number

Is there's any potential risk of giving these information? Of course I won't ship the device before I receive the payment but is giving this information out is by any chance risky?
    07-30-14 04:21 AM
    RUN! NOW!
    menshawy and zephyr613 like this.
    07-30-14 04:30 AM
    I would stick to a 3rd party like PayPal. Seems odd. Has the buyer mentioned how he plans to send the money?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:30 AM
    For wire transfers they need only the account number. That he is asking for the bank name and your name is very unsettling.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-30-14 04:32 AM
    Thanks guys, I wasn't also comfortable to the deal. I found out that it's a scam that many guys fell for (from the same person) in Czech Republic. He is located in Ukraine the biatch
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-30-14 04:46 AM
    I put my Z10 for sale and there is a "possible" buyer, but I'm a little paranoid here. He requests:

• Name of account holder
    • IBAN
    • Name of Bank
    • Account number

Is there's any potential risk of giving these information? Of course I won't ship the device before I receive the payment but is giving this information out is by any chance risky?
    That is exactly what's needed when making an international payment. I don't understand why you are worried, he's not asking for your card number.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:50 AM
    For wire transfers they need only the account number. That he is asking for the bank name and your name is very unsettling.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. You can't make an international payment just with the account number. You need everything mentioned in that list. And actually, the name is required even for same country payments.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:54 AM
    I would stick to a 3rd party like PayPal. Seems odd. Has the buyer mentioned how he plans to send the money?

Posted via CB10
    PayPal is not available in Ukraine which is where the buyer is from according to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:57 AM
    I googled his email address and I found that he was reported heavily for doing the same thing with other people and they never received the payment.

His emails are not even changed and are sent in a second, probably he has got a software to do this.

That is exactly what's needed when making an international payment. I don't understand why you are worried, he's not asking for your card number.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, a lot of scam emails about winning a lottery or the Syrian widow whose husband died and left behind him I dunno how many millions in UN office, and they all request exactly the same information. They must have a way to utilize these information.
    07-30-14 07:27 AM