Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance, but for a short while now I just couldn't figure it out.

Work in the arts so it's all a big mystery to me.

What exactly do all you office/cubicle people do?

Figure accountants, sales, customer support,
    but I look at all the tall buildings and try to figure out how many people are working in offices or cubicles, and there can't possibly be that many accounts, salemen and customer support reps.

What exactly do you office/cubicle people do?

Bless.
    08-31-10 08:54 PM
    Yes, there really are that many of us.

We all play a part in the great dance known as the service economy.
    We manage things. We send emails. Go to meetings. Talk on the phone.
    GET ANNOYED BY OUR CO-WORKERS. Make decisions. Defer decisions to our superiors. We forecast.

We do everything...and we do nothing.
    08-31-10 09:12 PM
    Well I have a cubbie. I don't read my work email and I skip most of my meetings. I mainly do transcription, scheduling appointments and tests, etc at my desk and then I'm in clinic seeing patients 3 days a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:45 PM
    Get annoyed by our co workers. LOL.

08-31-10 09:45 PM
    Well lets see, my desk sits in a cubicle, but I'm a Detective so figure that one out.

All of those people in all of those cubicles make it possible for people to use their computers to use their credit cards to pay for things like "The Arts". So that when you are Perfroming or displaying, you can use your credit card or make a call on your cell phone or watch a movie on pay per view.

or maybe not.....
    08-31-10 10:05 PM
    Actually, I have a decent size corner office with a door and two windows.

As for what we do, well if you ever read the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series, you would know that a long, long time ago an alien race told all the cubicle dwellers that their planet's sun was going to explode and that the entire race would be moving to a new planet. They packed them all up in big space ship and sent them on ahead to set up society for everyone else who follow. It was really just a hoax to rid society of unproductive people. The ship crash landed on earth, and their descendants eventually became us.

Me personally, I am a client representative for a consulting engineering company and I supervise the design of water and sewer systems for our clients. So the next time you flush, you'll have me to thank.
    09-01-10 07:12 AM
    c'mon man! they play paper-basketball with trash cans, have desk-chair push races, hang out at the water cooler or vending machines, take 2 hour martini lunches, have secks in the supply closets, xerox their but ts, make long distance phone calls to friends and family, steal pens, sharpies and reams of paper and b!tch about how over worked and underpayed they are! GEEENNIUS!!!
    09-01-10 08:04 AM
    c'mon man! they play paper-basketball with trash cans, have desk-chair push races, hang out at the water cooler or vending machines, take 2 hour martini lunches, have secks in the supply closets, xerox their but ts, make long distance phone calls to friends and family, steal pens, sharpies and reams of paper and b!tch about how over worked and underpayed they are! GEEENNIUS!!!

Nice, How do I get this job?
    09-01-10 08:07 AM
    Those noises from the supply closets all make more sense now...
    09-01-10 09:19 AM
    Check to see that there's not a hanger on the door before entering.
    09-01-10 09:44 AM
    Uhhh.... TPS reports...

09-01-10 09:52 AM
    09-01-10 10:15 AM
    I talk on a phone in my cubicle activating cel phones :/
    09-01-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD