So what do you do?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:29 PM
    I read through all the "my phone platform is better than your phone platform" threads here. By the time I'm done, I'm cheered up by the fact that there are people way worse off than me, and I go for a nice walk with my dog.
    03-08-13 10:37 PM
    get a hooker...
    shaleem likes this.
    03-08-13 10:50 PM
    I'm not capable of depression... (Edit: so far anyway, but I'm only in my mid 30's)

I get sad when something bad happens
    I get hurt when I'm injured
    I get happy when I have fun
    I get bored when I'm doing nothing (actually, I don't get bored, I like doing nothing)

But depressions not something I've ever had. Every minute of my waking life I enjoy and do thinks that entertain me and I find fun.

A better question is, why would you be depressed? We are surrounded by food, money, cars, clothing, opportunities, and toys and gadgets. What is there to be depressed about?

via Tapatalk
    sputneek likes this.
    03-08-13 11:02 PM
    Cancer has an interesting way of staving off depression. Every day you're on this side of the dirt is ever so much better than it was before. Even Crappydoodles days are grand when you aren't feeding the grass from the root end.
    03-09-13 01:43 AM
    Pucker up and whistle.
    EauRouge likes this.
    03-09-13 01:56 AM
    Go for a run. Always clears my head when things get me down. Nothing like the warm sun on your face and a good detoxing sweat to get the ball rolling again
    03-09-13 04:30 AM
    Go for a run. Always clears my head when things get me down. Nothing like the warm sun on your face and a good detoxing sweat to get the ball rolling again
    This is very good advice. There have been many studies done that show exercise helps relive stress and depression. It helps release the neurotransmitters that are associated with good moods.
    03-09-13 03:30 PM
    That's also true for touching yourself.

via Tapatalk
    03-09-13 05:58 PM
    This is very good advice. There have been many studies done that show exercise helps relive stress and depression. It helps release the neurotransmitters that are associated with good moods.
    Plus beside the hormone boost its been shown to boost self image just from working out for 15 min a day which also has been shown to be a leading factor causing a lot of depression cases. My wife is a psychologist so I get to hear about this all the time lol .
    middbrew and EsJayDee like this.
    03-10-13 12:38 AM
    I get stresses enough to over shadow any type of depression. So no I dont get depressed.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:52 PM
    Go driving or walking for a bit and listen to some music. Something to keep my mind off everything else. Really sobering to really take a step back and consider that you're alive and healthy, though. Something about seeing families and kids playing and having fun that can't help but stir up a smile.

Also, always remember if you really are at your lowest point, you can only go up. Even when you think nobody cares, truth is they do. Very much so and if they knew your pain they would stop the world to help you. I've been in deep trenches and mountain highs. Just have to remember that life's a roller coaster and it has ups and downs but it all ends up OK in the end.

All the best and stay strong everyone!
    03-11-13 12:05 AM
    ....And if all else fails, buy something new and shiny. That's what I do

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 02:33 AM
    I play solitaire on my BB. That game does not require any thinking at all and yet it keeps my mind occupied. Read crackberry and other news sites.
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    03-11-13 07:43 PM
    I'm not capable of depression... (Edit: so far anyway, but I'm only in my mid 30's)

I get sad when something bad happens
    I get hurt when I'm injured
    I get happy when I have fun
    I get bored when I'm doing nothing (actually, I don't get bored, I like doing nothing)

But depressions not something I've ever had. Every minute of my waking life I enjoy and do thinks that entertain me and I find fun.

A better question is, why would you be depressed? We are surrounded by food, money, cars, clothing, opportunities, and toys and gadgets. What is there to be depressed about?

via Tapatalk
    What is there to be depressed about? Losing someone. Break-up. Finding out that you and/or someone you love have cancer?
    03-11-13 07:48 PM
    I have whats called Seasonal Affective Disorder, which basically means you hate winter and want it to go away so bad it affects your mood. The last 3 days have been 50� and above and my mood has improved dramatically...so if I get depressed (when its from seasonal affective disorder) I reminisce about summer by doing things that remind me of it. Otherwise, I listen to music, daydream about good times...oh and of course take my Paxil everyday.
    03-11-13 09:35 PM
    Exercise. Does it for me, makes me feel better about every facet of my life.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:37 PM
    I don't really get depressed, mainly just stressed out. I work out every day so that helps for sure. Other than that I don't really do anything besides lock myself in the room to peace and quiet.
    03-12-13 01:26 PM
    I read through all the "my phone platform is better than your phone platform" threads here. By the time I'm done, I'm cheered up by the fact that there are people way worse off than me, and I go for a nice walk with my dog.
    Ok so I just read through this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/general...94/index7.html
    and now I'm just absolutely giggly
    03-12-13 08:13 PM
    Bang on my drums for an hour. Gets out frustrations and gets the blood pumping. Add good tunes to that and the day definately looks up!
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-12-13 09:54 PM
    Watch a classic comedy....for me it's cheech & chong up in smoke....
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    03-14-13 10:33 PM
    Be careful sputneek, joking or not. No one knows other than the person who posted the question what state of mind they're in and you could be the one that gives the final push. I love to be irreverent but depression is not something to take lightly.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:07 AM
    Amen! Going for a run always makes me feel better.
    03-15-13 08:18 AM
    attempt suicide...
    that is not funny!!!
    03-15-13 10:31 AM
    Stand outside for a bit, take a breath of fresh air, go for a walk around the block if possible. Sunlight also helps with depression. Feel better
    middbrew likes this.
    03-15-13 10:53 AM
90 123 ...