I don't judge, I hate everyone equally

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 08:55 PM
    Is he a racist, no. Could he have chosen better words, perhaps. The real issue here is this: whether right or wrong, he is not alone in his thoughts. Until we as a nation can talk about race openly and honestly we will never get past things such as this. Simply because you talk about race does not make you racist!!!! We would all be ignorant if we did not realize the fact that Obama is light-skinned and well spoken. Sadly in our current society, those are a few of the traits that make him "ok". I do not agree with it, but a man should not be crucified for speaking what many have thought. If we don't get it out in the open and talk about it, how can we ever* move forward? The conversation should not be is he racitst, but why does it matter that Obama is light-skinned and does not speak with a negro dialect if he does not want to. We are so quick to label someone a racist and crucify them, then what? So what you just outed them as a racist, what change for the better society was made because of the outing?
    Thank you this have summoned up my whole argument on this thread we as a nation are scared to discuss race, and want to live in a fantasy land when it comes to the issue as though what Reid said wasnt true at all, but rather yet it was racist. in no way was it racist it was the flat out truth in my opinion from an african american standpoint.
    01-14-10 06:48 AM
    I'm with Rob.

I hate everyone regardless of skin color and tone of voice.
    01-14-10 09:19 AM
    in my views WNM is a classic example of this people hiding from the truth and dont want to hear it discussed in politics, and once someone says something true like Reid said, people start crying communist or racist or whatever other accusation they can pull from their anus. If you look up the definition of racist Reid doesnt even fall in that category. people are just soft and like you said i couldnt be a politician either i would just have everyone mad.
    Actually I'm not hiding from the truth. It's pretty obvious that Obama has the characteristics that Reid mentioned and I don't find him to or what he said to be racist. I personally was supporting Obama from the outset and Hope that he would run in 2008 after I heard his speech at the 2004 convention. He showed himself to be the smartest most intelligent person who would be running for president, and that's the person I wanted to be president. So as far as I'm concerned, whether he is light skinned or dark skinned or speaks eloquently or like my moron nephews (who try to speak like black rap artist), doesn't matter. What matters is if he says and does rings true.
    01-14-10 09:34 AM
    Another moron who has to discuss a persons overt characteristics rather than the content of their character.
    You have clearly taken a different tone in your last statement from this statement above. I clearly stated that all Harry Reid said was true rather Obama is an intelligent man or not (which he is). The color of his skin and the appearence he has does matter to voters believe it or not. Do you think there was a huge increase in minority voters because he was smart? heck no it was largely in part because he was a good looking black man. Like i said earlier if you believe the content of his character is the only thing that sways voters you need a little education in the political world, because him being on the cover of Mens Health Magazine had nothing to do with the content of his character, that was purely to promote his cookie cuter light skinned appeal (sorry to put out, and this is nothing against light skinned african americans). His as you put it overt Characteristics are major factor as Harry Reid pretty much said in his poorly stated comments.
    01-14-10 10:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD