"Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. Starring John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton and Oliver Platt."

Youtube:

Yahoo:
    2012 trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

All action, no substance coming to a theater near you! Looks like a CGI infested summer action flick and its ironically being released during the fall. What do you all think?
    06-18-09 03:57 PM
    Oh boy more stuff blowing up!
    06-18-09 04:40 PM
    It's actually only one culture that predicted this and that would be the Mayans. All other cultures have just joined the band wagon and started to believe it.

The date: December 21, 2012 is the day that their calendar ends which in turn comes to be doomsday. I honestly believe it! All their other predictions have come true, why not this one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skullgame45; 06-18-09 at 04:51 PM.
    06-18-09 04:48 PM
    what else have they predicted that came true??
    06-18-09 06:15 PM
    I'm sure on Dec 22nd 2012, I will be out enjoying an ice cold beer somewhere.
    06-18-09 07:02 PM
    Oh my God, the graphics look friggin amazing That's why I liked Cloverfield so much
    06-18-09 07:32 PM
    what else have they predicted that came true??
    9/11... 2012 isn't the end of the world. 2010 is Hahaha!
    06-18-09 07:33 PM
    how did they predict 9/11
    06-19-09 12:41 AM
    Do you not know the methods of the Maya? They used astrology and mathematics to make their predictions/beliefs.

The most significant one they ever predicted was that their culture would be over run by the Spanish conquistadors on a specific date. And sure enough, that's what happened. They basically predicted their demise.

06-19-09 07:44 AM
    Cool!...I'll be standing in line to watch that movie!
    06-21-09 08:15 AM
    Hey..when the world doesn't end..can I come to your house kick you in the nads and say "told you so"?

06-21-09 08:53 AM
    Academic research does not indicate that the Maya attached any apocalyptic significance to the year 2012: the date for the end of their world lay unimaginable aeons of time in the future.

06-21-09 09:03 AM
    Hey..when the world doesn't end..can I come to your house kick you in the nads and say "told you so"?

Is this directed towards me? If so, you better bring more than your foot if you plan on kicking me in my jewels!

06-21-09 09:31 AM
    Do you not know the methods of the Maya? They used astrology and mathematics to make their predictions/beliefs.

The most significant one they ever predicted was that their culture would be over run by the Spanish conquistadors on a specific date. And sure enough, that's what happened. They basically predicted their demise.

If you believe it, you will make it come true.

Why do we seem to be going through this nonsense every couple of years lately?

06-21-09 11:29 AM
    They masons have the same year also it is the bible if people take and read it for themselves.

06-21-09 11:32 AM
    I'm very skeptical about all of this.
    How many times was the world supposed to come to an end?
    My point exactly?

06-21-09 04:29 PM
    The guy that invented this Mayan belief of a 2012 end died of a brain tumor, he had the tumor pressing on his brain when he created this story. Have you ever seen an educated book (yes book) and not on the Internet about this? Nope. Real scholars of the Mayan civilization believe that the calendar has an additional ring around it adding 1000s of years.

Now back to the OPs actual statement about it being a good movie, I agree looks good.

Now if we all stopped getting info of the Internet the world would be a better place.
    06-21-09 09:45 PM
    A prophecy. Nostradamus? Come on, that's like grade 9 education right there Everyone knows who that is.
    06-21-09 10:05 PM
    A prophecy. Nostradamus? Come on, that's like grade 9 education right there Everyone knows who that is.
    We weren't talking about nostradamus, we were talking about the mayans. come on read the whole thread.
    06-22-09 01:18 PM
    the world will end when chuck norris says it will end ..... all u ppl are dum... unlike mr norris.

06-24-09 12:41 AM
    I'm sure on Dec 22nd 2012, I will be out enjoying an ice cold beer somewhere.
    I'll be right there with you.

06-24-09 02:30 PM
    Watch the History channel's special on 2012. It's interesting and explains exactly what it is that happens on that particular date that is so significant
    06-27-09 08:48 PM
    Watch the History channel's special on 2012. It's interesting and explains exactly what it is that happens on that particular date that is so significant
    Yeah, all their calendar says is that that date is the end of a big division of time (can't remember what they call it). But one way to think about is that it's like a century or a millennium.

They were pretty much just over-achievers who counted a lot more numbers then they had to. Show offs.
    06-28-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD