As long as my legs stay warm I'm ok,. My face could be an icecube and I would b fine lol. I lived in winchester NH for a couple of months and some of the weather up that way gets realllyyy crazy! But back in pa now I'm starting to wonder "where's the global warming?" The cold front that hit the southern states went as far as Cuba!!! All I gotta say is WOW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 10:15 AM
    As long as my legs stay warm I'm ok,. My face could be an icecube and I would b fine lol. I lived in winchester NH for a couple of months and some of the weather up that way gets realllyyy crazy! But back in pa now I'm starting to wonder "where's the global warming?" The cold front that hit the southern states went as far as Cuba!!! All I gotta say is WOW

See that�s the main problem...the northern states are completely use to the cold weather and KNOW what to expect so they are ready for it. With the southern states we are as prepared...so we get the crap end of the stick.
    01-12-10 10:32 AM
    Yeah like when it snows in texas the whole state shuts down cause noone knows how to drive in it lol JK. I love driving thru snow in my JEEP! 4wd kicks *** but dosent help with iceee!

01-12-10 10:47 AM
    You got that right about Texas. It snowed near the coast in December and many businesses let their employees go home (including mine ) it was all good except for the drivers who hit the brakes on every overpass out of downtown!

01-12-10 07:43 PM
    Well, we decided to move to a second floor apartment on the 2 coldest days of the year so far in Springfield, MO (Wednesday and Thursday last week). Negative temps both days and snowing constantly. It was a total picnic, as one would guess. /sarcasm We were so very miserable. And an annoying trend for every place I've lived at is that the bedrooms are always a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit and I have to keep the door closed because I don't need the cat waking me up every 15 minutes coming in and jingling around (bell on collar so I can know if he's getting into something even if I can't see him).

New issue is that we're now stuck in a constant cycle of leases that end in December and our destination this upcoming year's end are the Twin Cities...not at all geeked about that!

This last week has been better in comparison...I think it was 46 today but after last weeks ordeal, I'm staying tucked inside unless it's absolutely necessary to go out.
    Last edited by CapnCrunchBerry; 01-12-10 at 07:59 PM.
    01-12-10 07:57 PM
    Well, I went home for a rainy Christmas Eve, where it was a fairly warm 53�. Went to bed about 3am, and awoke at 10 with 6" of snow on the ground and 20�. I've been in the icebox ever since. Cranking landing gear and swapping trailers in knee-deep snow, driving on icy roads with empty trailers, frozen windshield washer, frozen brakes, drivers having no business being out in weather. Yeah, it's been fun.

I awoke with 21� just outside Springfield,Mo. And down into Texas. It was 57 by the time I crossed the border. I put on shorts and turned on the A/C. Felt fine...

01-12-10 10:54 PM
    Before you guys complain... I go to UND in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The other day here the high was -12... we had windchill of like -56
    01-12-10 11:02 PM
    I'd complain if I had to go to North Dakota too.....
    01-13-10 03:44 AM
    3rd day with no water, the Governor declared a state of emergency.

Still getting down into the 10's every night and barely getting above freezing during the day. Not complaining about the temperatures, just the problems this weather is causing.
    01-13-10 08:43 AM
    3rd day with no water, the Governor declared a state of emergency.

Still getting down into the 10's every night and barely getting above freezing during the day. Not complaining about the temperatures, just the problems this weather is causing.
    awww Nick, thats awful!

*sends you gallons of water so you can take a wh0res bath in the sink*
    01-13-10 08:53 AM
    awww Nick, thats awful!

*sends you gallons of water so you can take a wh0res bath in the sink*
    I've been taking sink showers at work and I'm one of the only ones in the office that lives within the city limits so I get dirty looks every day from all the clean people walking around.
    I just want to be able to bathe at my own house. Not asking a whole lot!

No update on when we're supposed to get water back either. We had a trickle this morning but nowhere near enough to be usable.

I'm gonna start a tourism board for Jack-town...
    01-13-10 08:58 AM
    I've been taking sink showers at work and I'm one of the only ones in the office that lives within the city limits so I get dirty looks every day from all the clean people walking around.

I just want to be able to bathe at my own house. Not asking a whole lot!

No update on when we're supposed to get water back either. We had a trickle this morning but nowhere near enough to be usable.

I'm gonna start a tourism board for Jack-town...
    I feel for you. Ive been through water outages (due to the floods, esp in 93) and without power for over a week (ice storm 3 years ago). It truly sucks. And when you get to take that first shower, it will be heavenly. You will feel like a dog after a bath And tell those d!cks at work to kiss your funky azz. But if youre doing the PTA bath thing, you should be cool. Hang in there pal.
    01-13-10 09:03 AM
    I was seriously considering going over to the YMCA... until I remembered they don't have any water either.

I gotta get outta Dodge.
    01-13-10 09:09 AM
    I was seriously considering going over to the YMCA... until I remembered they don't have any water either.

I gotta get the outta Dodge.
    Now I have that stupid song in my head! Only in your case, you CAN'T 'get yourself clean'

boo
    01-13-10 09:13 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD