Quoted for truth. I really really like this comparison.

And, a night with

would make me camp out. Camp out for a week, w/ no smartphone access, even.
    LOL!!!! who is that?!?!?!
    03-30-11 12:38 PM
    To me there's a difference between sticking with something that works for you (fan) and trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throat (fanboi).

I get a lot of people asking me about phones and as much as I love BB, i am hesitant to just pimp it over all others. I ask the person what they plan to do with it, what they do now with their phone, how much they pay, etc.

A big difference between the two camps is what flaws they'll concede. A fan knows his device isn't perfect and can admit it. A fanboi will minimize the flaws or gloss over them completely...
    Dang it if you're not right on point.....very good statement.....I'll need to quote you some time....
    03-30-11 12:40 PM
    LOL!!!! who is that?!?!?!
    Sara Rue <3. I liked her better w/ red hair & a little meat on her bones, though.
    03-30-11 12:40 PM
    I'd camp out for a hot night with Robert Pattinson.

This would make me camp out
    You'll notice I said "anything" not "anyone".

Mad Men's Christina Hendricks would be my pick, for this thread

Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-30-11 at 12:47 PM.
    03-30-11 12:43 PM
    Sara Rue <3. I liked her better w/ red hair & a little meat on her bones, though.
    like this?
    Google Image Result for http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/03/19/previews/Sara%20Rue-SGS-025641.jpg
    03-30-11 01:58 PM
    a couple of y'all like redheads....cool....
    03-30-11 02:01 PM
    a couple of y'all like redheads....cool....
    for redheads!!!!
    03-30-11 02:16 PM
    I love the pictures, BUT as a result, and perhaps this belonged here all along ANYWAYS; this thread has been moved to CB Rehab.
    03-30-11 02:26 PM
    for redheads!!!!
    Problem is, we're always pink and we never tan....
    03-30-11 02:36 PM
    Problem is, we're always pink and we never tan....
    I can think of worse problems!
    03-30-11 02:40 PM
    Just like that. *drool* And yep, I'm a fan of the redheads.
    03-30-11 03:06 PM
    The best way I can describe it is you have to want to make the change, you have to want to learn something completely different. As a long time BlackBerry user when I first went Android I was completely lost, I didn't even know how to move my icons around. I told myself I am going to do this and I'm going to learn this platform. Once I started to see what Android can do and what it offered, I was hooked. There was honestly no going back for me. I still feel the same way now, I will always have love for the BlackBerry, but Android does what I want and it's so much fun.
    Oh, I'm enjoying the learning. But there are a few things that I wish I knew right now....like how to killl that pesky upgrade download that's not allowing me to try again OTA.
    And I wish there were more notifications.
    03-30-11 03:45 PM
    Hee hee....so if I ever feel down I just need to post pictures of my hair and y'all will make me feel better...sounds good!
    03-30-11 03:47 PM
    I can think of worse problems!
    An overabundance of freckles.....
    03-30-11 03:48 PM
    I hope the iPhone 5 to be the most incredible device ever, so Android/BlackBerry can work their asses off coming up with better things for us. In the very end, we're the ones gaining.
    Great post. My only comment is you got the above formula a little mixed up. For me, I hope RIM releases a slew of BB's that force Apple/Android to work their asses off!

And I do believe this is going to happen once BBOS7 is released 2012

/fanboi
    03-30-11 06:18 PM
    Love the picture accompanying that article ....
    03-30-11 06:21 PM
    I like how the thread basically went from "Are we Fanboi's?" to "This is who i wanna bang, heres a picture" LOL
    03-30-11 11:55 PM
    for redheads!!!!
    Amen Brother!

Great post. My only comment is you got the above formula a little mixed up. For me, I hope RIM releases a slew of BB's that force Apple/Android to work their asses off!

And I do believe this is going to happen once BBOS7 is released 2012

/fanboi
    Amen to that too. I agree 100%. QNX IS the way. iPhone 5 x OS7 should be the greatest moment of The SmartPhone Wars.... "The BlackBerry Empire Strickes Back"!

I like how the thread basically went from "Are we Fanboi's?" to "This is who i wanna bang, heres a picture" LOL
    Maybe we're not fanbois but we do need some rehab!

On that note, SORRY for derailing this thread! I'll try not to do that again in the future.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-31-11 at 07:59 AM.
    03-31-11 07:52 AM
    Will the word fanboy be next on the webster dictonary?
    03-31-11 10:26 AM
    I love blackberry, ever since I had my 7105T, now that's old. Since then, have always had 2 smart devices with me, from Windows CE, winmo, WP7 ... and still, nothing is more convenient than a BB, it does everything, and it fits into palm of my hand. This year's upgrade are lame, namely the 9780 and torch. But I am looking forward to the torch2 ... I love tech, but when it comes down to it. Blackberry wins my heart.
    03-31-11 12:41 PM
    Being loyal to a product you like isn't a fanboy, its when you hate on other products because its not your product with ignorant hate! People can give you facts on the products and you still hate on it, thats a fanboy.

Loyalty to BB? Yes I very much am, but I do see the disadvantages of BB and see the highlights of other phones like Androids and iPhones.

Apple fans act 200 times more fanboyish than us BB's, not all but just look at the hype that came from the iPad2... Was it a better product? yes, but is it leaps and bounds better than the original? Nope.
    03-31-11 05:23 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD