Agreed, I had 2-12' JL's in a JL box, in my Camaro. The bass was unreal. I had an Orion amp backig it up...
    10-30-09 10:32 AM
    LIsten to deathmetal. Blast beats and breakdowns being pounded through subs will change your life.
    True statement! Breakdowns are the ish through subs!
    &what I love the most is when I pull up to some hardcore "thug" who isn't bumpin' ish and I'm listen to some kind of hardcore music and I'm bumpin' way more than that wannabe.
    10-30-09 10:33 AM
    LIsten to deathmetal. Blast beats and breakdowns being pounded through subs will change your life.
    lol I listen to everything , I've got a reg cab 1980 gmc truck with a single 10" and when I break in to the metal it Freakin pounds hard . But here is where I'll get flamed lol .... 80's and early 90's country pounds even harder . Anyone who rides in my truck either laughs when it goes from tanya tucker to def leppard to creed to nwa . Metallica gets lots of play too . 25 gigs of tunes drives my wife nutz
    10-30-09 10:46 AM
    lol I listen to everything , I've got a reg cab 1980 gmc truck with a single 10" and when I break in to the metal it Freakin pounds hard . But here is where I'll get flamed lol .... 80's and early 90's country pounds even harder . Anyone who rides in my truck either laughs when it goes from tanya tucker to def leppard to creed to nwa . Metallica gets lots of play too . 25 gigs of tunes drives my wife nutz
    LOL gotta have variety!
    Yeah I have a set of 10's in my carolla(baller) just for some bass. Recently bought new 6x9's alpines in love with them for the back and 6.5's for the front. The double bass makes it for me. But my music is like from modest mouse to whitechapel and anywhere in between. You don't hear too much country in my car.
    10-30-09 11:46 AM
    Take it from a former installer ......... have a professional do it and not "some guy who's good with electronics". A hack job will ruin things in an instant.

I did an install on a Ford Sport track one time ..... pulled the factory sub out .... dropped in a JL shallow mount but the stock box wasnt big enough ..... pulled the box out .... heated the plastic ... shoved JL back in ..... cut out back of stock box and then glassed it back in ..... ran the power wire from the battery THRU the frame rail back to the back of the cab where I punched a hole big enough for the 6gauge wire to run thru. That was a fun install ... a bit of a pain the the **** but, was well worth it when done.
    10-30-09 12:31 PM
    Take it from a former installer ......... have a professional do it and not "some guy who's good with electronics". A hack job will ruin things in an instant.

I did an install on a Ford Sport track one time ..... pulled the factory sub out .... dropped in a JL shallow mount but the stock box wasnt big enough ..... pulled the box out .... heated the plastic ... shoved JL back in ..... cut out back of stock box and then glassed it back in ..... ran the power wire from the battery THRU the frame rail back to the back of the cab where I punched a hole big enough for the 6gauge wire to run thru. That was a fun install ... a bit of a pain the the **** but, was well worth it when done.
    Yeah totally agree! I've seen some ghetto stuff in my day(wires over the carpet) and the cleanest I've seen was a job done at the local sub shop here and I must say pay a little extra and you recieve a little extra.
    10-30-09 12:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD