Hey...sorry if there's already such a thread. Anyways thought I'd share something. If you'd like to learn linux and do not know where to start you can download a 130 page noobie guide (in pdf) to learning linux by visiting this link Download the Linux Starter Pack | TuxRadar . enjoy!
    03-05-09 12:42 AM
    Thanks for the link. What are the benefits of Linux over say Windows or Mac? Just wondering if it is worth learning.
    03-05-09 01:41 AM
    Main advantage is that it's free.

Thanks for the link!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 01:43 AM
    Main advantage is that it's free.

Thanks for the link!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So basically for people who build their own computer...they can install this OS without having to pay for Windows.
    03-05-09 01:48 AM
    Hi BBSlim, JustPlainJef,

no problemo with the link.

Yeah JPJ is right that it's free to some of the distros (simply say the linux OS as linux has a few types of OSes).

linux is open source. meaning you can develop whatever whichever you want be it applications for linux or coming up or improving the already existing distros. it's also so much fun to learn. it's a whole lot faster than windows, super stable and less prone to security threats (read windows).

there are loads of linux groups out there who are a bunch of helpful cool peepz in that they are more than willing to assist noobies like you and me.

talking about distros, you can actually boot up your computer off a thumbdrive with the distro on it! think pocket OS! so you can be travelling from chicago to denver with just a thumbdrive with you and boot up your computer using the thumbdrive (or cd, other medias). for a start you can check out Slax: your pocket operating system .

So BBSlim, you dont even need windows when you have linux. enjoy!
    Last edited by squish101; 03-05-09 at 03:34 AM.
    03-05-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD