I also understand the employees are just doing what they are told. This is a corporate policy. It's like the past employee said in agreement, there's something else going on because they already know who has stolen from them. It's interesting all the people who've noticed it at Sams because Sams is a walmart company. Hmmm.

Some have mentioned this, so I want to point out that this policy just bugs me and I hate the way it makes me feel. I don't think they need to do it. I know I am not being singled out and I don't take it personally. My point is if it is necessary, why doesn't Target, Sears or even KMart do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yes they are just doing what they're told, some are just ALOT more enthusiastic about doing it....
    08-21-08 09:33 AM
    Hey I worked for Wal-Mart for 3 years and I know what you mean. They constantly stare at you as you check out, look up and down your receipt, and give you the 3rd degree when you try to return stuff. Well the truth about saying they treat you like family when you work for them is a bunch of crock. Cause they expect you to give up your real family and friends for the place. After 3 years I had enough when they made me step down as customer service manager cause they wouldn't let me get off at 5 to pick up my kid from daycare. They treat you like criminals even if you work for them. So trust me I know what you mean.
    I worked for em too for about 4 months. Wackiest job I ever had...
    Luckily I worked in sporting goods every other week and Electronics every alternating week. Playing with the shotguns and looking at people's dirty pictures was all that kept me sane...

Dm
    08-21-08 09:33 AM
    Awe heck...Just do what I do. I keep walking and when they start having a FIT I just say over my shoulder "Go ahead and stop me. And then when you have wrongly detained me I will sue you". Nobody ever chases me as I keep walking
    I do the EXACT same thing. Or sometimes I just give them the stare......either one works every time.
    08-21-08 01:00 PM
    They are **** of easy to shop lift from anyways. One of the easiest IMO.
    08-22-08 01:10 AM
    I switched to target! **** walmart and their worthless products. Target is actually cheaper sometimes and higher quality.

08-22-08 05:20 AM
    I'll go there, (Walmart) to pick up something to cook when I get off work at 4am. They normally don't check me for the most part because they see me a lot. If I happen to buy something from electronics like a movie or something and it doesn't properly scan and the buzzer goes off, they're times when I stopped to show my receipt and they told me keep going. In the daytime, yes there's plenty of receipt checking then. You have to understand Exelant that places like Walmart get hit hard all year round through theft and it's nothing personal towards you. I don't take it personal. If I ever get patted down going into a club though, I would definately turn the other way because that tells me that the club is notorious for violence!!

08-22-08 05:43 AM
    My 2 cents if you see all the damage that walmart does why would you spend your money there. I am truly an anti walmart person and aanyone who cares about the US should also be. Do your homework!
    08-22-08 05:53 AM
    I also am anti vehemently Walmart. The last time I went to one the person
    tried this BS. My response was to just walk through him. The
    second he touched me, I informed him I considered that assault
    and that I had every right to defend myself.

He said he was doing his job, I established a grip on my 1991A1
    and informed him I had no problem doing mine. Needless to say, my receipt
    and the contents of my cart were irrelevant at that point.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-22-08 at 06:03 AM.
    08-22-08 06:00 AM

I knew I liked you for some reason!
    08-22-08 06:29 AM

OMG, you tell him how it really is!! That's too awesome.

08-22-08 06:35 AM
    Appolo, I really don't take it personally in the sense that I am being singled out - I know I'm not. These companies have loss statistics and know their theft rates, and they adjust their pricing accordingly. My point is that by the time you leave the store, they already know if you've stolen something. I think something else is going on with the visual "pat down" and receipt checks. Target, Sears and others don't do it, and they often have stores in the same neighborhoods. I don't know why, but it rubs me the wrong way. I am an honest person and it does bother me that they assume the worst and make me prove my honesty.

The basis of the American justice system is innocent until proven guilty; the assumption of innocence is a given. I take that to mean that it is not my responsibility to prove I haven't done anything wrong. They have a right to do what they want in their stores, and I have decided to exercise my right to shop somewhere else. I do agree about places where safety is an issue - I'm not dumb , OK maybe a little, haha. Clubs, airports it is important to keep the crazies out.

Last edited by exelant; 08-22-08 at 09:11 AM.
    08-22-08 08:55 AM

Touch me, eat lead MF! lmao,
    08-22-08 09:12 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD