so my friend just bought her first house. the previous owners, omg wtf did they do lol. went over to help take the wallpaper down to find it has a layer of paint, wallpaper, paint, wallpaper. gonna take fooooooooooooooorever to get it all off lol
    08-21-09 01:24 PM
    so my friend just bought her first house. the previous owners, omg wtf did they do lol. went over to help take the wallpaper down to find it has a layer of paint, wallpaper, paint, wallpaper. gonna take fooooooooooooooorever to get it all off lol

I once had a similar project. Not sure if this works because the wallparer has been painted over (have fun scraping) but this tip worked like a charm on getting wallpaper off:

Take an old spray bottle and fill 1/3 liquid fabric softner and 2/3 hot water. Spray on liberally and let soak. Makes it peel off in sheets. And smells great too!
    08-21-09 01:34 PM
    yea i heard that too, we have been using tpr or something to that effect, forget the 3 letter exact order lol. its workin pretty good just a pain
    08-21-09 01:37 PM
    just burn it all off!
    08-21-09 02:07 PM
    i said we should just burn the house down and collect insurance lol, would be kind of suspicious being she just settled on the 14th lol
    08-21-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD