Greetings from the Value Added Distribution (VAD) Network. I am the Gizmo Guy, and while most of my knowledge is from a sales and customer service standpoint, I have spent quite a bit of time (though not nearly as much as twinsx2dad and how I would love his job but I digress) with the handsets in Verizon's Portfolio as well as Sprint and AT&T. If I can be of service to any of you, especially and small/medium business customers here, I will gladly do so.

(On a side note: most information I give will be based on the experiences of myself and my customers. Should I be inaccurate, I apologize)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:00 PM
    Nah - what I do is a headache & all too often very lonely.

As far as sharing information from experiences, that is the best kind, as long as it is done honestly and with an open mind.

08-17-09 11:12 PM
    Twins: thanks much. Feels a little more official to be welcomed by one of the industry's best

Ta

08-17-09 11:19 PM
    Matt, is that you?
    08-17-09 11:55 PM
    With all due respect, I am the Gizmo Guy. That is all I am able to say at the moment.

08-18-09 12:28 AM
    DeserDogs: in accordance with our privacy policy...management does not disclose nonpublic information about our employees. Thank you for your inquiriy. At this time we respectfully dcline your request for information.

08-18-09 12:40 AM
    DeserDogs: in accordance with our privacy policy...management does not disclose nonpublic information about our employees. Thank you for your inquiriy. At this time we respectfully dcline your request for information.

Wow. You got told DesertDogs... haha

So gizmo_guy, what management are you referring to - he just asked if you were Matt... hmm..
    08-18-09 02:44 AM
    With all due respect, I am the Gizmo Guy. That is all I am able to say at the moment.

I AM the Batman
    08-18-09 02:45 AM
    Tsguy, management refers to those (including the gizmo guy) that are iin leadership of the organization I work for. We are aware that a simple yes or no to his question is all that is required. However answering either way violates our privacy policy

08-18-09 03:31 AM
    So basically you work for the Mafia?

08-18-09 03:34 AM
    By the way I'm not familiar with a "VAD" - could you tell me what you guys do specifically? What is your customer base made of?

08-18-09 03:37 AM
    Tsguy, management refers to those (including the gizmo guy) that are iin leadership of the organization I work for. We are aware that a simple yes or no to his question is all that is required. However answering either way violates our privacy policy

Classic, just classic.

08-18-09 03:38 AM
    Or the CIA, Alltel, ICE, the County Sheriff, the Southern Baptist Convention, or the
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

08-18-09 03:40 AM
    I think "Matt" works for... The League of Ordinary Gentleman. Yep. The less-known group of people.

Okay, lack of sleep is killing me.

08-18-09 04:14 AM
    VAD are agents who primarily service business customers. Our orders are directly fulfilled by the carrier just like telesales or the website.

08-18-09 05:33 AM
    I am the walrus
    08-18-09 07:12 AM
    Matt, is that you?
    His posts sound suspiciously like him.
    08-18-09 08:48 AM
    Yeah I think he made up an account about a week ago but got outted. And now he's making up some VAD thing and starting a bunch of unfunny, uninformative threads.
    08-18-09 08:57 AM
    You know, last night I was a bit dense. So this morning, I closed my eyes, read all the posts (don't ask me how I did that - I am dense, remember?) and noticed the same thing.

Suspicions are running rampant for enquiring minds... like me!

08-18-09 09:01 AM
    If you google VAD you will find that it is a program offered by Verizon Wireless. Also look up US Connections. They are Verizon's largest VAD agent.

08-18-09 01:24 PM
    We are not matt. Neither the poster as an individual or the corporation he works for.

Thank you for asking if we are matt. Since there is more than one of us using this screen name the answer is quite literally no we are not matt

08-18-09 01:27 PM
    Too many similarities, including the denials.

But it's okay - this is the Internet. You can be whomever you want to be - wink, wink - but if it walks like a dog & barks like a dog...

08-18-09 03:49 PM
    ok, I'll bite, who is Matt, and why is he hiding behind gizmo_guy? And why is gizmo_guy speaking like The Borg?
    08-18-09 04:02 PM
    Matt is someone they apparently don't like. The Gizmo Guy is both an individual and a company. Nobody seems to get that. Some posts are plural/third person because we are speaking collectively

08-18-09 04:41 PM
    Matt is someone they apparently don't like. The Gizmo Guy is both an individual and a company. Nobody seems to get that. Some posts are plural/third person because we are speaking collectively

But there's only one keyboard
    08-18-09 10:35 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD