Just looking for some input. I know all about the be creative, and come up with something that means something to both of you .. blah blah blah. I did those before and throughout the poor years of med school. After 5 years of being together, I'm fresh out of those.

I haven't gotten her anything for the past year (work, moving, etc), so I can splurge a bit. No fixed budget, looking for around $1k. Neither of us has time off for a trip so that's out. I won't be back till the end of Feb., so I need something I can purchase and mail back.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    If the woman on this forum can chip in some ideas of the new LV bags out, cool new accessories, or anything your hoping to get or like, that would be great too.

thanks
    02-03-09 09:50 AM
    Oh no buddy you ain't giving her a gift in the mail!! A card yes, and the gift you give her when you get back.

Diamond ear rings with a nice note/card in the mail. Lazy

Box of chocolates shaped like a diamond, after putting up with you for five years, Casket in your size!

Diamond ear rings at home to say thanks for putting up with me for 5 years, Nice

Hire a driver, get the Diamond ear rings, take her on a DATE, after that long trip and a stay at a hotel for the weekend. Priceless
    02-03-09 11:23 AM
    you would think so right ... but I think she would still enjoy the surprise gift on the 14th, b/c she's not expecting it.

Well still go out when I get back, but I figured a gift in the mail arriving at work on the 14th, would put a smile on her face.
    02-03-09 11:29 AM
    What kind of doc are you, that will help my creativity!
    02-06-09 10:59 AM
    lol ...

too late, I ended up just getting an LV bag. I ordered it on the 4th, b/c the website said I had to order by that date to insure ground shipping would arrive by the 14th (too cheap to pay for overnight shipping). But according to FEDEX it's arriving today. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

I'm an internist, but currently I'm teaching.
    02-06-09 11:28 AM
    Oh noes... the internist preceptor... (or school based?) Mister What if! Mister Why! lol. One of my last rotations was with an internist... we called his office the PIT !! So much pimping!

Hope she likes the bag!
    02-07-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD