I just got word today that BB10 delayed till end of March 2013. I know it's still technically in 1st quarter, but geesh, talking about putting it out on the very end of it. I'm currently an iphone user and ready to jump ship to BB which by the way I hated the old phones. But since I've got my playbook, I've been converted (sorry qwerty lovers, I just dont' like the keyboard and prefer the clean slate look and I don't like the torches either), so now I've been trying to patiently wait for the new bb10, which I hope comes out soon. I tried WP7 and hated that as well. Iphone was nice for a while, but I've gotten bored with it.

C'mon RIM, I want to believe that you could put a better phone out there, and I'm ready to jump ship from this fruity phone that I've got to try something new and refreshing. WP8 coming out in October already and ready to scoop up the people jumping ship from iphone and android with no BB10 alternative for these people. I know patience is a virtue, but c'mon, in the end if everyone jumps ship and you're not there to catch them, as good as an OS you'll put out, no one will be left to catch and further down the stocks and money stockpile goes.

08-30-12 02:48 PM
    You just got word eh? Who did this word come from, and does this person have any evidence?
    Stewartj1, hpjrt, lma13 and 2 others like this.
    08-30-12 02:50 PM
    I love March. This could be a birthday present for me or maybe even an anniversary gift.
    Stewartj1, hpjrt, Cesare21 and 3 others like this.
    08-30-12 02:52 PM
    I just got word thw BlackBerry10 phones will be released to morrow morning at 7am sharp.

I aslo just got word that getting word means zero.
    08-30-12 03:06 PM
    I remember the first time I got word...
    08-30-12 03:10 PM
    the word came from a RIM employee that is a good personal friend. Hey, shoot my post down, it doesn't really matter, when it comes, then don't be crying. I'm already sad with the news already. I'll still chug along and wait like everyone else and hope for something more than my fruity phone.

BTW....I seriously hope she's wrong....she wasn't wrong when they delayed OS2.
    Last edited by cyberjunkie1; 08-30-12 at 03:14 PM.
    08-30-12 03:10 PM
    I remember the first time I got word...
    Genius

As with all new devices, I'll believe it when it's in my hand and working

Then again I could be just happy it's less waiting between release and my contract running out in July
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-30-12 03:29 PM
    I got word that it will be out in January 2013.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-30-12 03:47 PM
    If you had more than 24 posts, people would listen.
    bungaboy, Searzy and Neely2005 like this.
    08-30-12 04:03 PM
    I spent 2 hours on the phone with RIM last evening.

I got lots of words.

No delays and watch out for the Blade!
    08-30-12 04:38 PM
    Everything we have been hearing from official sources seem to point to early Q1 not late Q1.....If I were you I would wait for confirmation on that b4 getting too to worried.

If you read all the BB10 reviews that are popping up people are all talking about how polished BB10 is. Some have even said that it could be released now. With those kinds of comments out there I can't see any reason for BB10 to be delayed again.

Also RIM has said that they could have released BB10 still this year but the delay would have put it to the end of Nov beginning of Dec...You don't want to START rolling out a new product 2 weeks B4 Xmas

.....but then you also don't want to roll out a product right after Xmas either as people are all paying off their Visa bills. January is the slowest month of the year in retail (by quite a bit) I predict a mid January Announcement with a very early Feb release
    battery and Cesare21 like this.
    08-30-12 04:42 PM
    They are almost finished now so why would it take 6 or 7 months more?
    Neely2005 likes this.
    08-30-12 04:59 PM
    In other current news...people lost homes in hurricane Isaac and one life was lost.
    Barljo and kraski like this.
    08-30-12 05:01 PM
    Mods don't even lock this.
    DELETE IT.
    bungaboy, Neely2005 and diegonei like this.
    08-30-12 05:07 PM
    They are almost finished now so why would it take 6 or 7 months more?
    If they're almost done, then why would it take 5 more months? Somehow 5 is fine but 6 or 7 is too long?
    Drew808 likes this.
    08-30-12 05:44 PM
    Mods don't even lock this.
    DELETE IT.
    What the heck is that suppose to mean?
    08-30-12 05:50 PM
    I just got word that after seeing the completed a product, a lightbulb went off over Mike Lazaridis' head and he now believes he could design a way way better phone and is going to start from scratch. BlackBerry 10 has been scrapped and we will have to wait until July 2014 for BlackBerry 11.

I mean hey. It sucks to hear. But what are you gonna do. I just got word.
    Glow123 likes this.
    08-30-12 05:55 PM
    I haven't heard of anything like this, and I can bet you (in all seriousness) that my sources are closer to the BB10 project than yours.
    Neely2005 and jonty12 like this.
    08-30-12 06:08 PM
    You just got word eh? Who did this word come from, and does this person have any evidence?
    Thanks 007 4 saying what I was just thinking everyone has a friend inside but can never be able to back up what they say.
    Blah blah blah I shouldn't let myself get sucked into this @��+
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-30-12 06:25 PM
    Of course the OP won't release too much information about the individual he/she gets their information from. They don't want to get that individual fired.

These insiders stories are typically 'believe it or not' stories. There is nothing the person can provide to empirically prove that what they are saying is true without getting their insider friend fired. Or at the very least put them at a high risk of getting fired.

It is very much possible that the OP is telling the truth, but who knows.

As I mentioned, I have sources that are in all likelihood closer to the BB10 project, and all have said that BB10 is scheduled for January. (Of course you could argue that I don't have anything to back myself up. But again, this is a 'believe it or not' kind of thing. I you don't believe me, that's great.)
    08-30-12 07:35 PM
    If they're almost done, then why would it take 5 more months? Somehow 5 is fine but 6 or 7 is too long?
    When products start being produced rumors usually come out. China usually has bribed people to get the case design so they can make knock off protectors and such. to my knowledge none of this has occured yet.

Analysts on wall Street usually keep an eye on these things. They will see comments by other vendors that would infer BB10 production. To my knowledge BB10 is not being produced right now.

Sorry, drunk so if post unclear I don't care . Wacka Wacka Wacka Wacka

I wish RIMM would provide more clarity on when they actually expect BB10 to be for sale. Q1 2012 is fine but if they are saying that in November without refining the date, i will be pissed.
    08-30-12 07:42 PM
    its funny how this forum has become so sensitive. I understand no cares to hear further sad news, but like many of you, I too am waiting. Now I also know that all of you have your own beliefs, but given their track record, they haven't come out with their products on time either. i'd like to see it as soon as possible, but given all the layoffs and closures they had to do, I'm sure even though a delay is imminent, I'm certain RIM wouldn't want to release it prematurely either. Yes I've reading all the posts and I too am very excited. But c'mon just cause your heart is set on early q1 doesn't mean flacking others cause they truly have friends inside the company is justified. I knew about their employee pricing before the holidays through her which is why I am a proud owner of the PB. I would agree that maybe if I had more posts people would actually believe, but unfortunately I just read all the stuff everyone posts rather than flacking peoples posts. I know I won't be missed, so I'll stick to my corner and just read the posts instead, and let the so called real geniuses that knows it all post. :thumbdown:
    08-30-12 07:46 PM
    I only believe Rimmer123
    howarmat likes this.
    08-30-12 07:47 PM
    But late March is q1. How is this a delay or broken promise.
    08-30-12 07:49 PM
    Well I guess cause many people like me is expecting it come January. I did mention its still q1.
    08-30-12 07:52 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD