american cars will suck.
    Yeah, right. My Dodge Intrepid with 437,694 miles makes you wrong. If my
    ES350 ever gets close to that I'll concede you might be (operative word being:
    might) be right.

As usual, I suspect you will not be,
    04-21-09 11:00 AM
    blame the unions all you want, but it was still MANAGEMENT that agreed to same terms that the unions did....

look at the airlines - they made huge errors in labor negotiations and have been paying the price for the past 10 years. they were lucky enough however to get BILLIONS in concessions from their unions (because a job is better than no job, even us dumb unedjumacted union folk know that) and the courts even allowed them to restructure their agreements without bargaining. was that fair to the union members who were promised one thing and management failed to deliver? absolutely not, BUT they delt with it for the betterment of the companies and for their own self-preservation.

it truly all depends on the union itself....a good union as excellent grassroots and excellent new memeber education. no union is perfect, and there will always be bad apples, but if done right unions can be good for both sides of the equation.
    04-21-09 02:53 PM
    well, i happen to love unions. i like them on hamburgers and sandwiches, oh, and i love union rings!!! they are the best!mmmmmmm.... union rings.... grilled unions are also good in just about anything. just my two cents. hope this helps.

04-21-09 10:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD