Hello All,

I have currently been Looking for a new portable device for leisure use while at work. I have Extreme amounts of down time at my job, and have until recently been filling that time with me BB STorm, and all the apps, e-books, and Content From Crackberry.com. LOL.
    But recently I have decided that viewing videos, books, and webpages from my tiny little screen is to straining on my eyes. I have been Looking to obtain a new portable device for use at work and am asking you, my fellow crackberry addicts, for your help and opinions.

My requirements are as follows:
    all media playback; pics, movies, books, etc..
    document viewing (pdf) [ I try to do my my class work while at work]
    Internet capabilities (wifi not important, I have and use a Verizon broadband Usb net card)
    the ability to add or remove programs and applications.
    I small size: no larger than 10"x10," I would Prefer something along the Lines of 4"x5" or 7"x5"
    Windows based programming would be best for me and my current level of user cappabilites... (im kinda computer dumb)

and most important: a price under $550 USD.

I have Been researching everything under the sun so far. from mininetpads to things like the Samsung Q1, and everything else I can stumble across on Google.....

Any advice, Opinions, or suggestions are welcome.
    and heck if you have a device for sell I might be interested in acquiring it lol

Thank any of you who reply and take the time to read

Gunner
    07-20-09 12:59 PM
    well i wish i could help you but ive got nothing. i guess i would recommend a netbook, i saw a thread in here recently about netbooks with a few opinions on there but i really know nothing about them myself.

i wish you the best of luck in finding something tho.
    07-20-09 01:56 PM
    well i wish i could help you but ive got nothing. i guess i would recommend a netbook, i saw a thread in here recently about netbooks with a few opinions on there but i really know nothing about them myself.

i wish you the best of luck in finding something tho.
    Same here. I've got a co-worker who installed OS-X on his Dell Mini 9. This bad boy screams and, the touchpad is multi-touch (like the iPhone). It's super fast, light and hacked to the bone but, the SSHDD is only 64MB and, it's only upgradeable to 2GB of memory.
    07-20-09 02:24 PM
    Thank you two for your reply. The netbooks are probably the rout im going to have to take. I have seen several several phenominal devices out there, but for the most part they are WELL over my 550$ limit lol.

Thank you,

Gunner
    07-20-09 03:16 PM
    no prob gunner. did you check ebay? you may be able to find something there within your limits.

i personally like to buy my electronics new, just in case.
    07-20-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD